What would Fix the game for you?

+
Well I'm glad you're used to it but yes the console aim on all platforms has been a well known issue since day 1 so. There are entire forums dedicated to giving specific advanced settings to compensate for the game's aim. I can compensate too but then I'm not having fun and like I said it's an easy fix. Any half decent fps has separate ads aim settings, bad ones like this game and far cry for example all suffer from this issue. It wouldn't those who are already enjoying the game but would make the game much more playable. Plus love it or hate it games like CoD have mastered the game play mechanics of fps. Even destiny, despite the game's issues was a joy to play mechanically.

Last edited:
* Something that would really help the game for me is to keep the radio songs playing when you're in the inventory/game menus. Recently been playing with RadioExt mod and listening to the OG Blade Runner soundtrack while I play and it's just such an immersion break when I have to tweak something or break down an item to have the music stop. I could always run my own radio in winamp, but it'd be nicer if it was 100% in game.

* Selective fire for guns would be great: safe / semi / 3roundBurst / FullAuto

* More clothing slots and options would be great. Lots more slots for piercings and accessories would be good. Not really sure how the best way to implement that (considering item buffs) would be. Hopefully in the next game they'll have more.

* Something that would really help the game for me is to keep the radio songs playing when you're in the inventory/game menus. Recently been playing with RadioExt mod and listening to the OG Blade Runner soundtrack while I play and it's just such an immersion break when I have to tweak something or break down an item to have the music stop. I could always run my own radio in winamp, but it'd be nicer if it was 100% in game.

yeah that's what I miss since launch... watchdogs 2 made it like a charm. you can listen to radiostations or gathered songs where ever you want whenever you want via your mobile phone - you even can listen to personal music in main quest missions... so if you wanna rage to either Mozart or David Guetta in a mission showdown its totally up to the player. really nice feature. while this would be cool for cp as well for me personally would be enough if the music won't stop in the menus like you said : /

1 )Fix the goddamn weapon/armor tooltips

2) Fix the loot that we should be able to pick up but can't because it's superglued to the ground

3) Let us skip ALL of the useless braindances and dialog, not just one BD.

4) Restore Win7 and Geforce 700-series support

I don't think there's anything that can "fix" the game for me, it's a pretty good game as it stands anyway.

I do have some ideas that could have taken the game from "pretty good" to "very good" for me, though, so I figure I'll go ahead and share them. For me, the main aspects that I think the game could have realistically done better - given the overall design approach CDPR took - would be more impact of the lifepath systems on the game and better-packaged side content.

One obvious area that to me seems like a perfect opportunity to achieve this are the fixer gigs. The game shows a blueprint for an interesting way to present fixers and their gigs with Dex DeShawn. You meet a new fixer, you do some prep work for the main gig, unlock some new game-wide cyberware and some gig-specific tech in the process, meet some new characters and explore interesting new areas.
  • Fixer - This approach would allow for more character developlent for the individual fixers, gives the players a chance to meet a new interesting character that you get to know better as you build up to that fixer's main gig - the culmination of a chain of smaller prep gigs.
  • Prep work - This is where you put in the existing side-gigs, connecting them with this overarching fixer story and giving them more meaning.
  • New cyberware - You could tie some interesting new cyberware (or equipment) as part of the prep work for the gig, similar to how you unlock the kiroshi optics and the ability to see your ammo count in the build-up to meeting Dex. You don't need some abstract concept of Street Cred to reward players for doing your side content. This also gives level/quest designers the opportunity to build the gigs with this new equipment in mind, giving each gig chain its own flavour not just in terms of story, but also gameplay. Think Zelda-lite dungeons, but in the style of Cyberpunk.
  • Gig-specific tech - Similar to the spiderbot from the main quest. Gives the opportunity to explore some cool cyberpunk tech that would be too difficult to implement game-wide, but that can inject some unique mechanics into some of these gigs to make them stand out. Doesn't need to happen all the time - don't want to make the quest structure too predictable, now.
  • New characters - More T-Bugs, Jackies, Merediths, Royces. Maybe some of them can tie into your lifepath, or it at least gives the team more opportunity to insert lifepath-specific dialog/options with limited scope. Also allows the writers to flesh out the edgerunner world more and gives players some minor characters to connect with, even if it's just for a side-gig or two, rather than the character void that is the current side-gigs collection. it also lets level designers come up with more ways to spice up these levels, given that you will be tackling some of them with a team.
  • New areas - Wouldn't it be cool to allow writers/designers to explore the more exotic areas of each of the fixer's city districts for a one-off "main fixer gig" mission that isn't restricted by the main quest structure or what makes sense to be accessible during regular exploration? Yes, yes, it would.

The way I see it, all of this builds on what is already in the game, and also on what The Witcher 3 was doing with monster contracts, and would very much have been able to fit into the game and bolster its design goals.

Top Bottom