What would make the game perfect for you?

+
What would make the game perfect for you?

Well now that the Witcher 3 is out, I can honestly say that the hype was justified. :D It's probably the best game I've ever played, and it is well balanced in terms of storyline, gameplay, graphics and performance (on PC).. However, there is always room for improvement. So this thread is to express your thoughts on what improvements (within reason of course) could be done to make the game truly perfect..

Here are mine, which are mostly technical...

1) I'd like to see an Advanced PhysX option similar to Metro Last Light Redux, which allows better physics for those with more powerful CPUs. Whilst the game does have exceptional physics effects for an open world game (especially cloth), there is more that could be done considering that the game isn't very CPU heavy. With an Advanced PhysX option, they could implement more particle effects, more precise cloth simulation, more destructible objects, volumetric fog etcetera..

And the Aard lag needs to be fixed as well. By Aard lag, I mean the slight delay between casting Aard and the time it takes to affect the target(s).

2) I'd like to see the 35 minute gameplay video draw distance be implemented. This is very feasible I'm certain, because the game doesn't use much VRAM considering how is being rendered due to the Umbra middleware, which has awesome occlusion culling. Also the 35 minute gameplay video graphics fidelity is certainly attainable for open world, unlike the VGX video.

3) A dialing back of the yellow/orange color tone, to a more natural looking hue. Can already be done using SweetFX, but this should be stock, or at least we should be given the option..

4) I'd like to see SSR be implemented again, like it was in the 35 minute gameplay video; preferably with a toggle switch.

5) Terrain tessellation needs to be put back in as well.

Now some of these are undoubtedly going to be patched back in based on recent comments by CDPR, but it never hurt to list opinions. CDPR definitely looks at feedback, so don't be shy! :D

*Edit* regarding terrain tessellation, it apparently is in the game as this link suggests.

Scroll to the bottom and you will see that the game does indeed use tessellation on the terrain to add more geometry.

Last edited:
Framerate issues completely resolved.

Geralt actually initiates meditation while time passes by.

Inns have storage so I can collect all my favourite weapons with cool names.

Alchemy, skill tree and mutegents revisited and completely improved and overhauled.

Framerate issues completely resolved.

Geralt actually initiates meditation while time passes by.

Inns have storage so I can collect all my favourite weapons with cool names.

Alchemy, skill tree and mutegents revisited and completely improved and overhauled.

This, an also a diffculty setting that make the game truly difficult.

1. Blood splatter on floor/Geralt and enemies staying for much longer

2. Improved ragdoll physics on humans

3. Ragdoll physics for animals/certain monsters that have NONE.

Theres a handful of extra things I'd like that would improve immersion/role-playing but I think mods will eventually cover them.

Quests/Contracts more than 5 levels below become scaled to offer SOME challenge, including main story quests. (XP offered? Debatable)

Forum veteran
The rebalancing of enemies so that bandits are always a cakewalk, drowners are always slightly difficult, and monsters like griffins and such are always incredibly challenging. Nearly naked bandits with clubs being more powerful than the trained monster hunter is more than a little ridiculous and that kind of thing pushes you to only consider taking certain quests when you're at or near the recommended level, making the game feel a bit less open than it probably could.

It'd probably require a ton of work to change, but it'd make the game that much better and allow for players to take on quests based on what captures their interest most instead of only having a few quests feasible at a time until you've leveled up.

Storage box, I can't help it, I want to keep everything I find, almost, every books, every cool armors/cool named weapons, ect... I think the game is amazing as it is otherwise, would have to think more on it to properly find what I would want more.

Sword/armor looks transferable to other less appealing things with better stats. Some looks are incredible and then you get a better wep that looks like crap. Same with armor. Roach needs the same thing.

Possible to scale pretty much everything to your level.
Possible to see, if doing quests fails other quests (I HATE YOU TRISS).

Better controls. I would not put up with this shit for any lesser game. Making the characters move the way you want is fundamentally bad and frustrating.

A better inventory with easier access to alchemy consumables. I don't use potions, bombs, mutagen decoctions or oils nearly as much as I could because switching them out and navigating the inventory is such a pain.

1) Up-level scaling, in some form, is the biggest thing that I'd like. This is especially important for the main quest, but I'd like it if side quests were also included (I'd even like the open world to be scaleable to some form, but if that is on the table it should be an option so people can turn off up-level scaling if they wish).

2) Balancing the skill tree. No more overpowered mind control.

3) Some changes to using the inventory in fights. On the harder/hardest difficulties it should not be possible to change food/potions, so that you can only go into a fight with what you had earlier.

4) Alchemy and crafting changes so that only 'general' types of things are needed to make potions instead of overly specific ones. At the same time, though, make sure you need these plants (either the full amount or a slightly smaller amount) to brew new potions while meditating.

5) Some main quest lines should give less experience points.

6) Enemies should pursue the Witcher further and be more willing to flank. They should also have better dodging and countering abilities.

7) A place to store things. I would like it best if the weight system was simply thrown out, but I know a lot of people disagree with that so I don't expect it to be included.

8) A better UI. A better way to search for particular items. A different tab for books and notes to go.

Storywise:

1) Most importantly, Triss needs to play a bigger part in the story. I would shift her
final Novigrad personal mission to a much latter part in the story, both so certain quests you have don't fail/take a long time to complete because you need to talk to her, and because it would let her do a lot more in Novigrad.

2) For much of the game, there isn't really a sense that a war is actively occurring. Having random skirmish in no-man's land would really help add immersion to the game world. I would also like more missions dealing with the two sides- not necessarily just helping one attack the other, but also things like contracts (hunting a monster in the middle of a battle would be incredible).

3) The actions from the first and second game should have much more impact. For example, siding with the elves in the second Witcher and making breaking the spell on Saskia could lead those elves to ally (perhaps in fact only rather than a proper alliance) with the north in order to drive out the Nilfgaardians. Seeing Iorveth and Roche kill Nilfgaardians together would be incredible. Actions from the first game should also play a part- having Seigfried be Grandmaster might create a faction of the Eternal Fire that is more peaceful towards mages and non-humans, and of course keeping Adda alive should definitely change the political landscape of the north.

4) I would enjoy it if there were more characters and references to the first two games, particularly the first one. I remember when I first went to Oxenfurt feeling very excited that I was just about to see Shani again, and then latter I thought it would be very enjoyable to see Shani help Triss' mages out in Novigrad. That is just one example; there are countless others that could be in.

5) A much stronger elf presence, both in terms of their rebel units and just in terms of having a strong elf character interacting with the Witcher. The dwarves, halfling (partly through the doppler) all have important roles in the story, but the elves mostly do not.

6) When at
the Witcher fortress
have the other characters (the
non-Witchers/Yen
interact more with each other.

7) The members of the Eternal Fire should not all be stereotypical evil power-hungry maniacs of some sort or another, or boring sexual deviants, or intolerant bigots. There should be some good in there, perhaps even a reformist faction. And it is possible to portray a fanatic in a fairly decent light- the recent Game of Thrones episodes have the High Sparrow, and while the directors may mess this up latter, right now he is as sympathetic a fanatic as I have ever seen on TV. In a world with so much violence, and where magic is often used to harm people (the Crones are a perfect example) it should not be too difficult a thing to make some of their fanatics seem sympathetic.

I do really like this game a lot, probably a 8.5 or a 9 out of ten. And some of these changes are very important to me, while many others are less, but I would enjoy seeing them all part of the game someday.

Warning: There be minor act one spoilers ahead.

The only thing that I'm slightly disappointed with: The monsters. The trailers made them look like the most awesome things imaginable, but I find that they're mostly kind of flat looking - like the cyclops in skellige for example, or the vampire creature you fight underground with tris. They really need some detail or texture because, for me, this is one of the only things that ruins the immersion on ps4. On a positive note: The graphics in skellige are fantastic!

1. Armour and weapon damage took longer to make items require repairing.
2. PS4 setting to turn damn rain splatter and other effects off. I am not following Geralt around with a camera. Why would I want this smeared all over my game?
3. Roach could actually jump properly over obstacles.
4. You could get off Roach quickly when under attack. Often, it won't work, I hold down the button and stay on, fear rises, get thrown off.
5. Roach fear rises too quickly even with racing blinkers. Makes mounted combat pointless and painful.
6. Separate tab for potions and oils, finding them buried in all other usable items is not fun.
7. Roach should be able to swim across deep water.

Yes, most of my problems are with Roach. I spend most of my time running :)

Manual unsheathe of swords would be nice. But most points folks here are making are very valid. Wonder why CDPR didn't hire some folks from the forum to pre screen the game. ;)

After the ending(s) all characters still alive are potential followers and given a home. Or all live in Dandelions Boudoire
Yenn (kaer mohren)
Triss (Flat in Novigrad)
Keira (Hut in Velen)
etc etc
You can tell them to follow, or wait,
they can summon a horse when you ride Roach

More women.

Different scenery, areas etc.

Dungeons.

More naked women.

A new gaming rig so I can play the game in ultra.

A stronghold with quests, and visitors, and staff, and events.

More hot naked women I can have sex with, preferably with an option for them to live in my stronghold.

I love the Witcher 3, it is by far my favorite of the 3, however it is not without flaws, if the followed was addressed(some via mods, other officially) then it would be perfect in my eyes.

*Merchants and blacksmiths should only require special ingredients from the player(like meteorite ore, griffin feathers, gargoyle skin, etc) when asked to craft something, not materials/ingredients such as: lumber, iron, ropes, etc, they should already own and provide that kind of materials. This is one of the things i hated about The Witcher 2 and sadly it made a comeback in The Witcher 3.

*Buy Back System for merchants and blacksmiths. Sometimes we simply click on the wrong stuff and end up selling it, we should not be so harsh punished for that.

*We need to be able to sell our currently equipped gear while we are in the shop menu. Having to close the shop, open the inventory, and then open the shop again can be a little frustrating from time to time.

*Inventory sorting by price, name, weight, acquire time, etc, needs to be added.

*Option to sort quest and completed quest by date received, name, etc.

*We need a "Books and Notes" sub-category on the inventory.

*We need a "Potions, Bombs and Oils" sub-category on the inventory.

*It should be clear what type of armour(light, medium, heavy?) we are about to craft while looking at the diagram.

*Tooltips and information regarding the background of specific items. It was very nice on The Witcher 1 reading the small info that came with certain objects and special weapons, it added a lot to the inmersion and created greater emotional attachment to our gear.

*Tooltips informing that the book/letter has already been read. The Witcher 1 had them, why were they absent from the Witcher 2 and now also from The Witcher 3?

*Tooltips informing that we already own "x quantity of that item" while buying something from a merchant.

*Tooltips indicating how many HP per second each type of drink, food and potions regenerates.

*Glossary entry for "Herbs" and "Locations" too, not only characters and monsters.

*We need buff indicators for the Weapon Oils and the Quen sign. We need to be aware of when those run out.

*The 'above' and 'below' indicators that are visible on the minimap, should not be the same color that enemies/hostiles. It should be grey/white as most of the other icons, or be the same color as the icon it represents(if it is a "herb" then the indicator should be green to match the herb icon, if it is an enemy it should be red, etc)

*Less "junk/trash" items please. Why would Geralt go around picking up rusty swords, chandeliers, dolls, etc etc... It just saturates the world with unnecessary stuff and crowds the inventory. It also breaks the immersion.

*Lesser amount of Armors and Weapons available overall, but with more meaningful customization and upgrades instead(a wider variety than in The Witcher 1, but with an upgrade system similar to that of The Witcher 2, however with some visual changes added when the Armour is upgraded(like in "Mars: War Logs", or "Bound By Flame")

*Fewer amount of blueprints/diagrams; why would Geralt be interested on knowing how to build a simple Temerian sword? or a commun Redanian Armour, etc? Keep only blueprints for decorums, bombs, potions, oils, Witcher Gear and Epic/Legendary/Unique gear.

*Windmills and Boat Sails moving according with how strong the wind is, in contrast to how they work now: pre-fixed movement regardless of weather effects.

*Animations added for eating, drinking, and consuming potions. The Witcher 1 had them, they where in my opinion a very immersive small touch; Why are they absent in The Witcher 3?

*Animations for applying oils to weapons, as well as for "enhancing the armors" and "sharpening the blades". The Witcher 1 had animations for most of that kind of stuff, why does The Witcher 3 lacks them?

*Animations added for "looting".

*Drunk-walking animations for Geralt when he is drunk. Similar to The Witcher 1.

*Small cinematic/map-animation while fast traveling in stead of just a "fade in black", something similar to "Dragon Age: Origins" or to the Harry Potter movies(footsteps on the map).

*A "Time lapse" animation for meditating, similar to The Witcher 1, where we saw Geralt meditating and on the background we could see the Sun and the Moon move, etc.

*Special map and minimap icon for Vivaldi's Bank location.

*Map should remember "zoom and position" when closed and re-opened in stead of resetting to the default settings.

*Bestiary and Quest panel, should remember what windows were open and what entry were selected, in stead of resetting to the default settings each time we close it and then re-open it.

*Option for having "Inactive Quest locations" marked/visible on the map at all times.

*Option for having to manually refill/remake potions, bombs and oils, in stead of them refilling automatically upon meditation. Like it was in The WItcher 1 please. Maybe it could be tied to the difficulty settings? The two easiest difficulty have auto-refill enabled, while the two hardest difficulty have manual re-fill/remake?!

*Remove Equipment Level Restrictions, if we managed to fight a level 20 monster guarding the treasure while we were only level 4, then we more than deserve to be able to use the level 20 sword that we looted...

*Item Durability lost needs to be toned down a little bit, right now my swords and armor are breaking way too often! It distracts from the adventure and the overall experience having to go back to town to repair my stuff while in the middle of a quest, or half way exploring a cave, etc.

*A little longer duration perdiod for potions and oils.

*Longer delay before stamnina recovery starts after sprinting(for both Geralt and Roche the Horse). Slower stamina recovery rate aswell(for both Geralt and Roche the Horse).

*Allow us to exit/quit conversations by pressing "Esc".

*Allow us to freely skip the intros and the "Previously on The Witcher" sequences.

*Bestiary should be full(not including special monster bosses) already at the start of The Witcher 3. Geralt no longer has amnesia + he already re-learned about most of those monsters during the Witcher 1 and 2 anways.

*Geralt should already start the game with all basic diagrams for basic potions, bombs and oils. He no longer has amnesia, so this knowledge should not be something new to him. He should only have to find upgrade diagrams for those, as well as the diagrams for the basic decorums(as they are new to The WItcher games).

*Target systems needs tweaking, Geralt should aim at what WE look/aim at with the cursor, not at what HE looks at according to his positioning.

*Weapon Oils should be added like potions and bombs to the quick access menu. Having to re-enter the inventory constantly isn't fun, it breaks the flow and the immersion a bit.

*Bombs, Potions and Oils(if added) should not be separated into 2 different types of pockets in our Character Loadout(Equiped Gear), they should share the same slots, so that if we want to, we could carry 4 potions and 0 bombs, or 3 potions and 1 bomb, etc. Not being restricted to 2 of each.

*Mutagens of the same color should give higer/lower bonuses depending on what foe/monster they came from, the stronger the monster it came from, the higher the bonuses it should give compared to the regular ones.

*Trophies from stronger foes of the same type(Archgriffin for example) should give a better bonus than the trophies from the basic monster(Griffin).

*More unique art assets for trophies, in stead of re-using the "head on a bag" look for most of them.

*Unarmed NPCs need to react to stealing too! It was a neat addition the fact that guards react if they see you stealing their stuff, but why were peasants left out? They should at least go tell the guards, if not confront you directly!

*Ability to import selected weapons and amours from The Witcher 2(and maybe even some carried over from The Witcher 1?)

*More visible and bigger consequences regarding the events of The Witcher 1 and 2 when using an import save.

*A more detailed follow up romance for Triss if we pick her in The Witcher 3(right now she becomes absent for half the game, and when she finally returns, there is no interaction with her)

*After completing the main quest, the game should emulate a state based on the choices you made during the game, not re-set to a "before main-quest" state. It does not needs to be very detailed nor extensive, just change around some guards and NPCs here and there, change some flags and add a few dialog lines to main characters and a few random npcs...

*Option to turn/spin Geralt around on the inventory screen.

*It would be neat if we had a couple of different models for boats, in stead of just 1 model for all of them.The one shown on the trailers would be a good place to start.

*Storage chest available at Dandelion's Cabaret, Vivaldi's Bank and at Kaer Morhen.

*Geralt needs to be able to climb down cliffs the same way he climb down stairs.

Cheers...

Top Bottom