What would make the game perfect for you?

+
Focus farming of Herbs. There is no way to get any particular herbs so you end up picking everything up or just buy from merchants.

Fog of war..SImilar to Dragon age-Only known locations (say treasure location from parchment) are marked, & the rest are open up as you explored.

Local map-It show up on mini map, why did you not get local map when you click map like other games (Dragon age) do, when you are in cave or sewers.

More red Mutagen drops

Keep in mind I'm saying this for the sake of constructive criticism, I found the game enjoyable in my 125 hours of gameplay. Completed on Death March.

Graphics department:
Even with the downgrade complaints thought the game was really gorgeous, but if I'm to offer my thoughts here it is. 8/10 for me I'm very satisfied with it, shame that Hairworks don't work with my AMD card.
Improve on decals, body parts gore (if you cut someone in half from his belly you will receive a pre built corpse as if it was slice in 45º degree), improvements on blood on the water, grass and texture rendering distance.

Gameplay Combat:
Now this one could use a tweak, I give combat a 6/10.
-The AI need to be more ruthless, always trying to flank, keep attacking like its life depend on it.
-Increase the threat range area where the mob will chase you and make his chase relentless, once engaged you shall commit yourself to that battle.(Before someone say ah that's too punishing, you can always save)
-Make potions endure a bit more though, add a timer to get its effects if you are engaged in combat and add a cooldown to avoid for example spamming Swallow and White Raffard's Decoction, that trivializes encounters.(With this you will remove the need to make 1 shotting encounters)
-Combat animations could use a speed up, its a personal opinion on this, I feel dodging stuff easy in this game.Or it could be the iFrame in dodge that makes it trivial.
-Make Parry more useful so you can use in monster combat and be able to mix parry and dodge
-Make Parry more difficult to be achieved, though having a more rewarding result when you achieve it (Incorporate that talent that adds +dmg% when you parry and a chance to knockdown the opponent to be something that Geralt has in his base character)
-More attack patterns in each monster enemy.
-Give an option to remove auto aim from crossbows.
-Let Geralt cast Aard, Axii and Quen during underwater combat, add an harpoon so he can use melee combat.
-Allow Geralt to manually switch swords, having combat with steel/silver enemies mixed in the encounter is a pain the ass. I should be able to choose which sword is more advantageous for that moment.

Story wise: (WARNING MIGHT HAVE A BIT OF SPOILER DON'T READ)
The story for me was excellent it invoked all the possible feelings, anger, joy, sadness and so on.Though could use one tweak there and there, nothing that affects the game really much. Solid 9.5/10
-Even if prefer Yen, I think Triss story could use some vitamins and get a better disclosure I guess?
-I know that the game is based on the books, but keep in mind this series built a tradition in gaming too, could address both characters of TW1 and 2 like Siegfried, Iorveth, Yarpen, Skalen ,Sheldon, Saskia, Prince Stennis, Henselt, The people of Flotsam, The Scoiatel in general and The Order of the Flaming rose.

There are already very good points in this thread. I have still not finished the game, but so far for me:
Some simple things:
* Please, Geralt, don't unsheat your weapon every time you get out of combat! (annoyed me in the first two games also)
* Better UI, in terms of a seperate category for potions and oils
Some major things:
* More options to talk to your friends, Zoltan, Dandelion, Triss..... and yes, especially Triss should get more screentime
* Better controls, it is still hard for me to just walk, especially in small areas. Geralt should just be able to turn around, not run in circles
* Hope for more, than just the two already announced expansions.
Love this game anyway :)

1. - No AutoSheathing
2. - The ability to enter/leave combat state by drawing/sheathing sword
3. - A Sort Mutagens button
4. - This one's pure fantasy but since you asked: free running/mantling that allowed running up walls to clutch and climb, drop and hanging off ledges, etc.

Oh... and one more thing: NO LEVEL SCALING EVER! I hate that crap. In other words, the game is awesome. Just needs some fine tuning.

I am grateful for the fact that the developers allowed playable epilogue and leaving spoilers aside, I'd like future DLC's to enable Geralt to take on huge adventures which takes place (date wise) after the main quest.

I wish that NPCs will post up some random contracts from time to time, and some random badass monsters will spawn in some far away area. And of course, with Dandelion offers a room with stash and displaying sword rack in his cabaret for Geralt, and "dancers" to burn more crowns. That, will be the best ever never ending single player rpg game. :D

more monster variations, a bit more depth to the quests, aka figuring out shit for yourself sometimes, instead of just heading to the marker, not even having to read what the quest says, and the game not becoming completely easy at the higher levels even on death march as it is now

One more thing. Allow you to read book & letters on pick up (not unlike many games), instead of going into the inventory & click 'read'.

1. Fix the frame rate on the PS4
2. Improve the movement, dramatically.
3. More engaging combat. It is boring as enemies repeat a very simple attack move set.

I believe the first can be partly fixed, the second and third are unlikely to change. I just came back from a business trip, and it is a bit difficult to get back in to the game. If the game didn't have these issues, I'm sure I'd be glued to the TV.

for me it would be more gothic crime system and A.I reactions better and more items that you dont find them over and over everywere

so better looting , and the w2 sex scenes with some more quality and variations , so if you put them make them good and unique else dont put them

Stupid forum STILL won't let me reply properly or quote any of you. So Quick Reply it is.

Anyway, love and agree with all suggestions in this thread so far.

One thing though, for the request of not autofilling potions/bombs etc. on meditation please DO NOT make that tied to difficulty level. Please just make it an option to turn on and off regardless of difficulty. I play on Blood and Broken Bones and I NEVER took the time to prep potions and oils in Witcher 1 and 2 because it just seemed to suck and was time consuming and didn't really flow with the game. With this game I'm using bombs, potions and oils like crazy because of the new, and I think brilliant, alchemy system. I totally get why people want the old option but if you assign it to difficulty level it will be a drastic change to gameplay forced on us and it would flat out suck!

Please just make it an on/off option unrelated to difficulty level and nothing more.

- Fix the combat
- fix undowngrade the graphics (somehow)
- recreate the leveling system
- more choices & consequence and diverging storylines

of course these aren't possible to fix now so...

Heh... you and all your graphics stuff.... Cooking man, thats what this game needs.... And deeper quests so you actually need to actually think.
So well, redkit will get me this.....

Top Bottom