What would make the game perfect for you?

+
The V.A.T.S like thing they where going to use to hit monsters weak spot sounded cool, but it would be rather hard to implement.

1. - No AutoSheathing
2. - The ability to enter/leave combat state by drawing/sheathing sword
3. - A Sort Mutagens button
4. - This one's pure fantasy but since you asked: free running/mantling that allowed running up walls to clutch and climb, drop and hanging off ledges, etc.

Oh... and one more thing: NO LEVEL SCALING EVER! I hate that crap. In other words, the game is awesome. Just needs some fine tuning.

I'd like to add to the mantling system. Movement in general needs to be more streamlined. Dramatic changes in the way Geralt moves and interacts with the environment is very frustrating. There's a ghoul on the other side of a wicker fence. Instead of vaulting over it Geralt rolls into it. I love CDPR's dedication to their games. Hopefully they will take a good look at Shadows of Mordor or Assassin's Creed and create a more fluid way of moving through the world.

P.S. Really like the idea of hanging out perpetually in Dandelion's brothel. :D

1. Inventory Subcategories
2. Being able to jump/vault even when in combat.
3. No autosheathing.

Storage chest at inns like in The Witcher 1+2.

Better inventory management. Under here:
- Books/notes etc should go into the journal once read and should afterwards be "greyed out" in your inventory and before you pick them up again.
- Book/notes/maps should have their own tab in the inventory
- Bomb/oils/potions should have their own tab in the inventory
- Far better sorting that quickly lets the player get a overview of weight, price, rarity, etc.

Better journal management: Under here:
- Books should be add here and the player should be able to mark as read as he chooses. Goes for notes/letters as well.
- When a bio is updated on a character or a quest log the new entry should have a different color until it is read by the player.

A warning about the quest level before taking them. This only applies to those quest where you are left with a immediate choice and suddenly you are left fighting level 20 mobs in a house at level 14 which is basically equal to an instance dead and reload on the highest difficulty.

Some kind of level scaling on the higher difficulties. The game is simply far too easy as it is now even on highest difficulty setting. I actually manage quite well in open spaces against enemies far beyond my level.

More adult content:
- Let me decide what strumpets I want to spend time with and not a few selected by CDPR - since the animation is the same it is a riddle to me why then have so few to select between? At least there could have been a few alley animations with girls of the streets.
- More sex animations. Sex animations are far to few, far too similar and far too short. I cannot get my head around how 16 hours (IIRC) of motion capture in this department boils down to what we have in the game.
- Brothels should be far more adult like instead of a few girls fully clothes dancing on the tables or in the corners.
- More dirty talking from the "working" girls to make them believable.
- If you choose to have "this side" of the world in the game why no do it properly and mature instead of what we have. Otherwise you might aswell just leave it out completely.

Make far more buildings in the big cities enter-able. Out in the vast open world most buildings, towers, caves and whatnot is enter-able. Then you come into Novigrad and Oxenfurt and almost all doors are locked. It's like a Ying and Yang approached to the different areas in this regard. Besides why build such huge cities and then close almost everything off to the player? Alternatively at least have more interesting buildings enter-able instead of just the same few interiors repeated over and over again.

I am not that far into the game yet so I am not sure what opens up later but so far I have found it disappointing that:
- I can barely walk the city walls of Novigrad or Oxenfurt. Most are just closed off/locked.
- I cannot enter the tall building next to the market place in Novigrad (I want to gaze out of the windows from it).
- I cannot enter the Eternal Fire tower on temple isle in Novigrad.
- I cannot enter the towers of the bridge to Oxenfurt.
- most warehouses are just closes of buildings instead full of life and trade.
I wish those buildings will be open up in future updates.

When we enter a building or a cave or whatever show us the map of it when we enter the map screen and not just the world map.

Make us see who we have played and won over in Gwent for the love of God. Or the very least show Gwent players on the map.

Better economy system. At level 14 I have 20k in orens with no idea how to spent it.
- One thing that could be done in this regard was to make items in general far less profitable and "auto-generate" some monsters contract to your level that offers income. That way you would feel more like a real witcher and the economy wouldn't be as broken.

Make NPCs you can interact with more apparent to the players and NPCs that are just fillers less so.

1. Fix inventory
2. Fix alchemy
3. 2013 Graphics
4. Real open world (I want to be able to ride to Kaer Morhen whenever I want or explore Vizima ffs)
5. NPCs that don't wait until the right moment in the story to spawn
6. Endgame world actually left in the condition you created with main characters still around and only a bit of endgame dialogue

Last edited:
Just two simple points:

• A better ending where you can still talk to your friends in Novigrad and maybe some of them in Kaer Morhen. More conversations and some small funny quests. Drink some beer with Zoltan etc. in the "Chameleon" and play some gwent with them for money.

• A more intense romance story regarding to Triss and Yen (depends on your decision) after the main story is done.

No game can ever be perfect, but some things I'd like:

1. Improved enemy AI: While it's better than Witcher 2's it's still mostly "challenge" just from being outnumbered more often than not as opposed to actually having challenging enemies.

2. More customization: I feel like the skill trees are incredibly lacking, and there isn't much reason to commit to many trees or room for interesting builds at all. Also, mutagens and trophies are negligible for the most part, and there aren't enough varieties to help vary up build types.

3. More emphasis on large monsters and/or contracts: The game revolves around an expert monster hunter, that seems to never hunt anything interesting. Large monsters are incredibly rare, and while I'm sure you can justify that with lore, the bottom line is that this is a game where players need to play the game.. and need content. I feel like they hyped up the hunting too much for what was actually in release.

4. Better balance of overall game content: Touching up more on the above post - the Witcher is a great series for those who love story, and the story is great and even side characters are interesting, but the emphasis is so much on the story that the actual gameplay elements feel like padding before the next main/side story cutscene/progression. I'd either like them to emphasize the game itself more or move the Witcher into a genre that actually suits the focus of story more than the current one does (though, with three titles the fans would vomit on themselves if you changed it now). Currently there really just isn't much to do in the game as a whole other than get more story elements. The questing and exploring is quite limited, and all anybody praises about these are, well, the stories that come from them and not the actual gameplay itself funny enough.

5. Far more monster diversity: The game relies far too heavily on certain monsters, like Drowners as an example. I wish they had more variety in the encounters you have, especially for water-oriented ones as these are so common throughout the game yet are grossly limited in variety.

mutagens and trophies are negligible for the most part
I feel that that is aplliable to any multplier in this series, oil have always made a negliable difference, atleast in this you can get superiour oils and all that but overall i think it would be better if those felt like they did more of an impact.

One thing i really don't like is how all your stats grow each level, i think it would be better if the game was balanced around the only thing you get from levels are the perks, and then make the perks stronger.

free character creation and custimization (like in skyrim)

I am playing without minimap and it is hard to find objective especially in cities, so map marker that i could see in the world while using Witcher senses.
We can see distant sound sorces and i would love if they let me see my green marker as well.
Also F9 quick load key wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
They really needs to improve the quest design, following trails with witcher senses and the quest journal, giving an option to disable the fucking quest markers.
It's really a bad Skyrim way to do an RPG.

A big ass compass!
Like from a Nilfgardian ship, who's Captain thinks he can sail around the world without falling off.

They really needs to improve the quest design, following trails with witcher senses and the quest journal, giving an option to disable the fucking quest markers.
It's really a bad Skyrim way to do an RPG.

That takes some effort, you need NPCs to give you good directions, which they do in some steps for the main quest, but sidequests are completely barren in this regard.

That takes some effort, you need NPCs to give you good directions, which they do in some steps for the main quest, but sidequests are completely barren in this regard.

And this is something they should have done from the start.
Design the quests without quest markers, adding this option later.

I'm not going to give an example of what would of made a perfect game, instead I'll offer what would of made a better game if they did one thing: Had a small portion, newly hired, internal testers that only plaed the game without any GUI elements and no use of maps or tracking systems and said "Here! beat this, and take notes."

The result would of been better written journal entries.

Aside from that the game is amazing and see years of play through modules.

Top Bottom