What would you do if you had €100k to spend on new content?

+
We all know that there's a lot of things that could be added to this game. I'm not meaning fixing bugs, and I'm not going to argue about what is 'cut content'. Any content that isn't in the game now is 'new content' from the point of view of this thread. Yes, I know a lot of people would like a working NCART system (and so would I).

But suppose you're a CD Projekt dev manager and you've just found a relatively small amount of money – say one hundred thousand euros – to spend on new content, what would you do to make the game better?

Thinking about it, I think I'd get the pairs of V/Judy actresses for each of the game languages, give each pair a couple of sheets of A4 of prompts of things which may happen in the game, and then have each pair just improvise about 20 hours of V and Judy having short conversations - discussing news, lore, flirting with each other, gossipping about other characters, just hanging out. Of course that means that the conversations in Polish wouldn't be the same as those in English, but I don't think that matters.

I don't know how easy it is to animate conversations with JALI. If it's more or less automatic, then that would be great; but if it's a bunch of work then, after completing the romance in Pyramid Song, either:

1. You can phone Judy up at any time and get a short conversation; or
2. When you go to bed in Judy's apparment, you get an animation of V and Judy going to bed together, and then after fade to black you get a short conversation.

The idea being that, ideally, you only ever hear each short conversation once. That would allow you to have a much more satisfying experience of that relationship without having to do a huge amount of new animation.

Anyway, that's my idea. What's yours?

Guest 3847602

I'd probably ask for playable mini-games - arcades, pinball, darts, poker, blackjack...

A garage to keep/display the vehicles you get or buy. What's the point of being able to amass so many cars, trucks and bikes if it all remains off-screen?

Anything that would give me a GOOD excuse to spend time in Night City after Don't fear the reaper. It need not be entier quests, just ways to interact with the city in a meaningful way. Require me to pay rent so I have to get out of bed and make money. Give me more ways to earn money in the city but require me to go and interact with different npc and locations in order to make that money.

A small chain of endgame side quests that center around a character we didn't spend much time with, maybe one of the 'lesser' fixers (AKA: not Rogue). Main thing being that they would require an end game build and gear, and be fairly difficult.

If there's any money left after that random endgame gigs with difficult opponents.

So saying all bugs and AI is fixed, I would:

enable NCART as fast travel, turn fast travel locations into taxi pickup/dropoff points (Both of these would have a skip ride feature to keep fast travel as it currently is)

Add faction ratings with corps and gangs and invisible stats which would change the world based on the health of the different corps and gangs (more adverts and clothing the healthier the corp or gang, bigger npc presence, etc.)

Add in the arcades and bar games

Make seating sitable

Allow for a first person-third person toggle.

The first 4 I believe are simple enough changes that wouldn't cost a lot to incorporate, the last one would likely eat up the rest of the 100k though.

Have extended content with Takemura including a romance and corpo saga and aside from that I don't really care about anything else.
Post automatically merged:

We all know that there's a lot of things that could be added to this game. I'm not meaning fixing bugs, and I'm not going to argue about what is 'cut content'. Any content that isn't in the game now is 'new content' from the point of view of this thread. Yes, I know a lot of people would like a working NCART system (and so would I).

But suppose you're a CD Projekt dev manager and you've just found a relatively small amount of money – say one hundred thousand euros – to spend on new content, what would you do to make the game better?

Thinking about it, I think I'd get the pairs of V/Judy actresses for each of the game languages, give each pair a couple of sheets of A4 of prompts of things which may happen in the game, and then have each pair just improvise about 20 hours of V and Judy having short conversations - discussing news, lore, flirting with each other, gossipping about other characters, just hanging out. Of course that means that the conversations in Polish wouldn't be the same as those in English, but I don't think that matters.

I don't know how easy it is to animate conversations with JALI. If it's more or less automatic, then that would be great; but if it's a bunch of work then, after completing the romance in Pyramid Song, either:

1. You can phone Judy up at any time and get a short conversation; or
2. When you go to bed in Judy's apparment, you get an animation of V and Judy going to bed together, and then after fade to black you get a short conversation.

The idea being that, ideally, you only ever hear each short conversation once. That would allow you to have a much more satisfying experience of that relationship without having to do a huge amount of new animation.

Anyway, that's my idea. What's yours?
If they did that they would need to do it to all the romance characters not just Judy. But I'd be okay with that. But I have 0 interest in any of the current romance options so unless that changed then it would be a waste of money.

First thing before any of that is for them to apologize to straight females for the creepy ass shit romance they left us with and give us something better, before they go spending time making sure everyone that got what they wanted get more of it. There's so many options they could choose from rather than weirdo River. I definitely have a preference for Vik or Takemura but anything would be better than what they gave us

Last edited:
Way better NPC and vehicle AI, NPC/City interactivity, faction allegiance and faction estrangement. Of course a detailed police/wanted/criminal justice system that makes sense. And if it's going to cost that much money, then there should be additional content on top of all that.

Nothing?

Cause 100K is nothing as far as AAA game development goes?

You're talking about 100K euro. Converted to USD, that's about 120K. 120K out of a 313 million budget is a drop of water in an ocean and some of you think you could achieve... anything worthwhile?

Highly unrealistic.

Nothing?

You're talking about 100K euro. Converted to USD, that's about 120K. 120K out of a 313 million budget is a drop of water in an ocean and some of you think you could achieve... anything worthwhile?

Highly unrealistic.
overthinking it.

This is bit off but what I liked to see for 100K.

Once all nonsense is over, I would like to see a video feature about schools where their talent comes from, tales along the road from people in production, how they got there? People working in motion capture, cast, animation all that. Voice work too, where the heck they find these people?

Writers, there are a lot of real world topics covered in CP 2077. Where they got their education, what made them interested about those topics, what industry offers them in creative terms? Programmers, problems they needed to solve. There's lot of interesting happening inside and outside of Poland related to production.

Realistically, most of people in this world, we won't learn Polish language. So subtitle work and English narration is sort of must for something like that.

Nothing?

Highly unrealistic.

Right, but that $313M is a sunk cost, and the assets and the heavy lifting are done. At this point most of the changes are coding changes, so assuming you are paying your coders an average of $100 per hour, you're looking at 1200 hours of coder time. That's not insignificant, it's one coder working over seven weeks, or a team of three working two and a half weeks.

But point taken, it's not a huge sum. But I think the spirit of the question is "how would you spend your resources".

Top Bottom