What would you like to see CD Projekt do for the other unannounced AAA RPG??

+
What would you like to see CD Projekt do for the other unannounced AAA RPG??

I know CD Projekt have said that they will do another AAA rpg after cyberpunk that has yet to be announced...so what type of game would you like to see them do?? Myself i love scifi and space rpgs so i would love to see them do a space type game. Esp since mass effect is on ice now and bethesdas supposed "Starfield" is nowhere to be seen. I think cdpr could do sonething really cool with that. I also wouldnt mind seeing them tackle a post apocalyptic game similar to fallout or metro. Do you guys think they will do soemthing that was created by someone else (like the withcer and cyberpunk) or would you like to see them try something brand new that was created in house? Or maybe make another game based on another table top rpg?? I mean honestly i would play almost anything they make but i just thought it would be fun to speculate on the upcoming unannounced game. cheers!

A mechanically more traditional kind of scifi RPG since CP2077 probably won't be that, or if it won't be that. Something out of the ordinary.

Paranoia could probably offer a nice set up, but I'd rather see CDPR doing their own franchise.

What I wouldn't want it to be is just another "biiiig yuuuge holidayseason AAA++ cashgrab". We have enough of those.

Last edited:
A open world RPG with a dark gothic theme like Bloodborne or Castlevania Symphony of the Night

kofeiiniturpa;n8906160 said:
What I wouldn't want it to be is just another "biiiig yuuuge holidayseason AAA++ cashgrab".

isometric rpg?

Lisbeth_Salander;n8906390 said:
isometric rpg?

Doesn't matter, but it would be preferred if it was. How the RPG mechanics work is what makes the biggest difference, the perspective obviously matters too but less so.

American Gods rpg, modern times, but all folklore deities are live and kicking.

More of Witcher, could "remaster" of part 1 with new mechanic and engine. Could a completly new story.

Space, the final frontier. Something like Mass Effect or Star Wars.

Ya another vote for a space scifi thats what i would love to see!!! Now the whole american gods thing sounds really interesting. I have never watched the show myself but i heard nothing but good things.

Another thing i thought about today while i was watching a new trailer for the new call of duty world at war. How cool would it be to have cd projekt do a game like that?? N im not talking about a first person shooter i mean a game set in the ww2 era but a huge open world rpg. You could have different classes like infantry, sniper, officer, spec ops member, and even a civilian class that can play both sides. Have it set in europe and give it heavy rpg elements and level system. I think it would be a cool bew way to look at the ww2 fighter games in a totally different light. I dunno anyway just something i thought of. Dont know if anyone else would be interested in something like that. Dont get me wrong i love the witcher and i love fantasy games, im just a little played out on that genre. Scfi has always been my fav so its naturally my go to game. But im a huge history buff and would love to see a world war 2 rpg...i dont think its ever been done before.

I don't have a particular thing I want them to make... I am just somewhat sure it will be some kind of Fantasy game.

Because I have always asumed that part of the reason CDPR choose to do a sci-fi game with Cyberpunk 2077 (other then that they like CP2020 of course), was to start doing as some of the big RPG gaming companies are doing now... switching back and forth between Fantasy and Sci-Fi with each new game they make. For one it will give their employees some rest every few years from having to do the same old thing and style over and over and over again.

Mekari;n8907850 said:
Wish they would tackle Vampire: The Masquerade.

Yea, i have wished they would have bought White Wolf franchise. It was available last year i think. Instead Paradox bought it, so that ship have sailed i am afraid.
There is plenty of ip's or genres i would like them to explore. However i have a strong suspicion that they will do another game in witcher universe (with different protagonist), just timewise, there does not seem to be enough time to develop new ip in time for premiere within time frame posted in company strategy

Hi,
since CDPR was or even is working on about 2-3 games at the same time, most lately Blood and Wine, Gwent, Cyberpunk and maybe some of these small unknown projects, it would not surprise me to get somewhat bigger game, let's say 30-50 hours of gameplay.

The more I think of it, it would be cool to get, as quite many asked for, "Ciri-through-worlds" game, in time, when she was running before wild hunt.
I imagine it as fresh, funny, thinking, somewhat dark, crafting, exploration game, where she visits many very various worlds, beyond standard understanding of fantasy - by that I don't mean colorful underwater sunsets on planet with three moons, but more like unexpectably-expectable environemts and situations.

Fresh because of Ciri's youth and personality, bringing additional situations to define her character, both with big decissions and small details, which may or may no matter,
Funny, because she could get to some weird situations, make weird choices. One of it could be philosophical themas personified to fantasy world. Something like player finds egg and snake nearby each other and can react in many ways. There could be something with ice skating, which was cut of Wild Hunt and so on...
Thinking, because you would meet interesting characters, which would need help or whatever. Quests would require investigation, planning, preparation, action itself and consequences. I would not make consequences very deep, because of quite fast world changing, but some of them could pursue player still. In this matter, I imagine this game something like The Little Prince book. Girl, not lost, but not self-known yet, tossed to small world, from which she can learn from.
Dark, because of witcher universe. Shades of black and grey up to the blues and whites. Choices matter and due to short story time have big influence. Through game I imagine visiting something like 5-15 worlds or unique areas.
Crafting. Items appear fast, and disappear even faster, if you don't care of it. It could be somewhat unique, hard to get resources, yet simple to control and enjoyable. You could carry items from one world to another, and make use of it, when you least expect it.
Exploration, because that's all what open world RPG could be-should be-are about ?
It would be good to create about 5 Ciri's totally unique abilities, not all dashes or teleportation; make them hard to time and use correctly, with high risk/high gain in mind.

As of story, maybe player could learn more about white frost, wild hunt, not sure now. There could be also secret cyberpunk reference or tease.

If CDPR are going to go back to the witcher universe like many believe, i would love to see a game that explores the beginning of the witchers. Who started the witchers and who was the first?? I think a witcher origin story would be really cool and a unique way to go back to the witcher universe without having to go back to geralts story in any way. Im sure they talk about the origins of the witchers in the books?? I dunno i have never read them to be honest but i think it would be a cool idea

I would like to see CD Projekt RED's take on Isometric style RPG like Baldur's Gate/ Icewind Dale series. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is coming in September, using their take on tactical turn-based isometric style RPG.
I know that Larian studios were the underdogs a few years after the Baldur's Gate franchise, and they made a very good game of their own - which I enjoyed, even though it was not familiar to any of the Baldur's Gate/ Icewind Dale style of playing. I think the only successor in making a truly worthy RPG that is not isometric is CD Project, that being the Witcher series. I think if they combine the addictive isometric style, combine something like Baldur's Gate.. the turn based tactical of Wasteland 2/ Divinity: Original Sin.. something very original. Not a port of any Wizards of The Coasts game, but their own from the ground up with their own graphical engine.
Can they make RED engine more versatile with an isometric addition - like a both 3d and 2d engine that can do it both. Then I believe they will have the ability to become the future of RPG/strategy. Because it not only expands on the engine's capabilities, but it expands the style of games that can be made. Many people prefer isometric or 2d before 3d style, but also there are archetypes of 2d with 3d elements implemented as well.
I don't believe it's about sitting down deciding a story, and start writing I believe it's about the versatility of the engine before-mentioned, that will sprout forth ideas to secure the ability to make new titles that will be successful - but also a challenge to the game developers to see a bit to the future and securing succession. What can you give as an alternative to 2d gamers? Can you offer a hybrid model? Can you choose? I think this is just an opinion or thought I have had that I believe others may be hoping for that it would be possible.

The best place to write this is right here, where I believe miracles can be done. I believe in CD Project RED.

DarthRaver8686;n8904230 said:
I know CD Projekt have said that they will do another AAA rpg after cyberpunk that has yet to be announced...so what type of game would you like to see them do?? Myself i love scifi and space rpgs so i would love to see them do a space type game. Esp since mass effect is on ice now and bethesdas supposed "Starfield" is nowhere to be seen. I think cdpr could do sonething really cool with that. I also wouldnt mind seeing them tackle a post apocalyptic game similar to fallout or metro. Do you guys think they will do soemthing that was created by someone else (like the withcer and cyberpunk) or would you like to see them try something brand new that was created in house? Or maybe make another game based on another table top rpg?? I mean honestly i would play almost anything they make but i just thought it would be fun to speculate on the upcoming unannounced game. cheers!

I would love it if they got the Game of Thrones license because right now HBO and GRRM are shopping it around. Last I heard they were in talks with Bethesda, but Bethesda makes shit games now sadly, just look at Fallout 4.

Mechanically? A modern action rpg with some "immersive sims" design and char building: mechanics of older crpgs are too rigid and archaic in modern format, AAA blockbusters are more flash than substance. An action with sandbox Phantom Pain mechanics and controls but with more structured char building like in rpg, would be phenomenal.
For setting? Something new and unexplored, fantasy and post/apocalyptic are done and overdone by now. Set on earth thousands of years in the future after humanity is long gone, you play a member of entirely new species, different evolution, different ecology, different weapons, etc.
Or a sci fi in entirely new universe, but not from human perspective. This could give some interesting possibilities in exploring narrative themes than what we're used to: no matter what game you play, everything you experience is designed around 21th century outlook.
Historical rpg/games are also interesting, but more restrictive in terms of mechanics.

Top Bottom