What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

+
I just need more of this ****! 8)Amazing Game, but plz more enemies and maybe a bit more freedom would be nice.Hardcore mode or something like that would be nice cos the game is to easy to master ;).Keep Geralt!!!greets

Sequal or expansion pack....See, if you register your game, a whole new section opens up in the forum... Its kinda like a "game Owners Club" Called "The Witcher - Extras".... and there be talk in there about a "toolkit".Imagine! You can make up your own witcher tales and share them on the net.

What would you like to see in expansion pack or sequel?My proposals are:1. Add-on/sequel- could be a prequel to the Witcher crpg, and based solely on books (the Witcher Saga by A.S.)- Geralt as a protagonist- possible choice of team members, like Jaskier, and other characters from book, playable with different skills and gameplay style- improved inventory - bigger icons, sorting, added possibililty to swap items between inventory and any container/coffer/trunk (now you can only drop items, what annoys me all the time)- improved journal - description of alchemy ingredients should contain names and links to components. It should work this way: read recipe first, so you will know that you will need e.g. 2 aether + 1 vermilion, then from the same window by clicking on the link "vermillion" player should be directed to the list of components, which contain such ingredient (sorted by albedo/rubedo/nigredo additional factor), so he would easily know what he has to collect and where to go. I know that I can print the guide, but it would be nice to have such a feature included in game.- making blizzard more bullet-time like- saving improvements: autosave always as the same file, separate file for quicksave, savefiles re-naming- option for autosave on/off2. Third part/new game in the Witcher's world- added stealing, hiding and social skills- character creation- choice of different race, gender, profession etc.- possibility of pacifist gameplay - without using weapons, just smoothtalking or thieving

I wouldn't want to have a game based on the Witcher Saga, at least not as an RPG, since that canon is set in stone and you either wouldn't have consequences to your choices or it would simply be too big of a game if early choices you make had consequences that would create various alternate versions of the books' story.I would, however, like to see a strategy game based on the Nilfgaard-Nordling wars, maybe something like Nilfgaard: Total War. :)

Geralt would be very important. I like him too much to image a Witcher game without him.

Ausir said:
I wouldn't want to have a game based on the Witcher Saga, at least not as an RPG, since that canon is set in stone and you either wouldn't have consequences to your choices or it would simply be too big of a game if early choices you make had consequences that would create various alternate versions of the books' story.
The story in The Witcher crpg is quite a linear, thus I think making Saga - based game should be possible. Even it there were some inconsistences, I wouldnt mind against some alternatives.

I have to say this to the dev. team. The Witcher is porberly one of the best RPG games so far. i especially like the way the actionbased combat system comes in to play. finaly a RPG that requires skills and not only a massive inventory of the lates weapons and amors. Gratz to CDprojekt and friends for making this awesome AWESOME RPG game. And what a story!:)Back to business.Is there any chance at all that dedicated Witchers fans like my self can expect a sequal og even better a prequal to this amazing game?Some sort of expansion maybe? The reason i ask this is. that i have now owned this came for about three weeks and after 3 weeks of none stop playing i just cant seeme to get enough of it.Plz make us an expansion or se/prequal.The devoted Witcher fan Leto.

Together with a popular interests for the end game discussion, I think it is highly possible that Geralt could return for the expansion or The Witcher II, though he does not have to, I would still like to see his returning, but if not, I have faith that CDP would make a good story nevertheless.

I think the choosing of caracter types would be a mistake. But maybe add a expansive caracter build of Geralt. the choice between good and evil maybe,I beleive that making the game a team based RPG would ruin the feeling of being a professional witcher. sort of speak.A prequal would be awesome.But the caracter system should in my oppinion stay as in the original. but with modifications like a more divorce possibility of making Geralt the type of witcher the player wants him to be. Hard hitting brawler using brute force, the sneaking silent monster slayer or the magician type.that would be cool. furthermore with the added choice of personality trades and stuff like that.The basic of this game is perfect. keep it as it are please:)

I don't think there will be a prequel, since the game is a sequel to a book series, and a faithful adaptation of the books wouldn't leave many decisions to the player, so it wouldn't work as an RPG. A sequel is very likely, though.

If they make a sequel they should make you a new witcher, that way they wouldn't need the cliched amnesia gimmick to start you off with no skills and you'd be able to create your own character (not really a big deal for me but I guess it bothers some people).

i'd like a sequel... no need to make a prequel cuz then i already know he died and came back to life in the beginning of the witcher.

I quite like playing as Geralt and I don't necessarily see a reason to abandon him. That said, a different / new character would give the player the flexibility of creating a much different type of witcher. I really like how the skill system works here, but most skills do fall into a tight tree of abilities, Geralt plays mostly the same at the beginning and at the end. This makes a lot of sense from an in-game perspective because he is an established hero with certain abilities and therefore a tight group of customizable skills makes sense. It also makes sense from a meta-game perspective since this is CDPR's first original title. The tightly defined tree of abilities makes play-testing and balance much easier. But on a new game you could expand out a bit more, give players more breadth of options where they might only get 30% of the skill tree rather than 60% by game's end.For that reason I lean toward a different playable character rather than Geralt. It also seems to make sense to go sequel rather than prequel because of the pre-existing storylines established by Sapkowksi. Still, if you invest this kind of quality in your next game I don't really care if its a sci-fi team-based RPG starring an android, I'm probably going to play it. ;)

these are afew things I want to see in the sequel or expansion.horses or other meens of transportationopen-world enviroment (big let down for me in this game, it would have made a kick ass element to gameplay if there were no restrictions like somehow indestructible walls of plants :mad:)some kind of ranged weapon like a javelin or some such thing, witchers were against PROJECTILE weapons not ranged weapons aloneWAY bigger selection of weapons and armor, at least 20 new models, its do-able from what i've seenwell if those were put in the expansion/sequel than I would never play another game till the next one came out, WITHCERS KICK ASS ;D

I would like to get rid of Geralt...and get a chance of creating a little kid...taken away from its parents...then mutated and trained.....I wuld like the player to be able to choose whether they wud like to be mutated in 100% or just enhanced..but still human....that alone affecting the dialogoue options of course as 100% are kinda dumb and straight forward, as well as combat system and the whole fighting system for both the choices....with that come 2 different stories with say, 6 endings with total...all of them different not the same with different "class". No ranged or projectile weapons....it aint Xena the Warrior Princess with her Freezbee....... Swords are ok and a choice of 2 is quite awesome....maybe more of the types of them and more animations....Major things:Blocking animation, Dodging animation (timing based aikido styled sidestep), more styles....I know it aint the East but...maybe this sorta quick draw of the sword and putting it back where it belongs...but thats more for scabbard not weapons carried on someones bacl...but who knows......Multiple opponents finishers will be cool....POP:TTT style....stab one of them leave the sword in his guts..jump over the poor bastard...wait for him to fall grab the hilt back again...slit on of the others throat....after which performing a samurai style 'to the back' impale while on one knee....The team responisible for TW animations is capable of making that happen......minor fings[sarcasm] Indeed minor.....just the loading times [/sarcasm]

Multiplayer cooperative with some of the characters from the book: Jaskier, Yeneffer, Milva, Ciri...

Top Bottom