What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

+
MaximilianPS said:
btw i think that the town is bigger enough to be user just like a sort of GTA where the townies generate some random quest, it's all about in the modder abilities ;D
every part of GTA, including first two parts, had enormous city terrain to roam, a lot bigger than Witcher's Vyzima. but again, Witcher and GTA are two completely different games - aiming at different experiences. however i understand your point, i would gladly wander through the Nordlings, or even Nilfgaard, kingdoms by myself ;).
unfortunately i'm too noobs to know what is TES :dead: but I'll search about it ;)(...)edit.i didn't played with "the elder scrolls" too much to read, just like oblivion, i suppose i'm a bit too lazy to read all that stuff, indeed one of things that i've loved in "the witcher" was the italian localization by voice. ;D
relax, "noob" means something completely different than ignorance of TES. it's not a crime (but of course, if you have opportunity to make up for playing them, i'd like to definitely encourage you to do so) ;)cheers

RangerSG said:
I have to agree the game concept only works with Geralt (at least in the main campaign), the loss of him as protagonist would be too crippling to the story to allow it to honestly be the same kind of game. That said, prequels are almost universally bad ideas. On the narrative level, there is no drama to them, making a believable conflict with multiple resolutions doesn't work without creating continuity issues; especially when the story revolves around a single character's life and activity. So while I want to see what made Geralt who he is, I don't want to see it through a prequel where I will feel either railroaded into the result or effectively breaking the world.
Piece of Cake, Read The Books, Watch the Twisted Series.

Even more of a problem then. If the story has already been told elsewhere, (and as I understand it part of the strength in the game was that it picks up after the last official story), then you have MORE risk of either stale narrative or continuity issues. The more the early history has been discussed elsewhere, the worse it is for a prequel. So it's better to deal with the history in the flow of the game through memory then to try to rebuild the story that's already been told.

hi,I'd like a sequel with Geralt -definitely! and:1. It should reveal his past, what was the story of his amnesia (finally)2. keep it with the same atmosphere as in the first game... to be honest, I did not like the end... it reminded me of nwn2 mask of the betrayer... it was a bit crap, Geralt dreaming about the last battle.. of course the witcher still is THE BEST RPG EVER.3. In the sequel, I'd like him to have some kind of companions... trisha perhaps, or maybe some of the witchers... in the beginning if the game, I thought that the witchers would meet in the end of the story... they didn't... maybe in the sequel we can have some kind of team of witchers with Geralt leading them in many battles... he doesn't have to be alone... that's the thing I liked about nwn2... although that particular game destroyed everything in the end4. The thing I liked MOST about the witcher, is the no bad-good bullshit... personally I went for the Elves, and I liked it that they turned out to be rebels against the police :) Keep the sequel that way, more "political" depth, as in the first game... that was -I think- - the best element of the witcher... you didn't have to be the assasin of some king or chief police, you could be a helper of the revolutionary elves, that was great!The Witcher 4ever!

Truthfully I just pray it survives the lure of the console market and the bad design decisions that go with it. In truth im not overly hopeful on that front as ive seen it time and time again. Deus Ex has to be the greatest example, all though its development the gamers who loved the original saw the changes, the dumbing down of the interface and graphics to fit on the console and all the excuses that came with it and we said clearly, it was going to kill the franchise stone dead, and once again we were proven correct.Some games can make the port successfully, some never will because so many of the complexities and choices that made the original title so great need to be altered to fit in the console market and the end result is always losing 90% of what made the title huge in the first place.Im silently dreading the inevitable announcement that The Witcher 2 will be designed "simultaneously" for Xbox or PS3 and all the tosh about how the cycles will be "individual" to each platform and how it wont make for compromises or dumbing down on the original formula. In the modern games market its almost an inevitability, a game becomes massive on PC and devs (more likely publishers and marketing men) look at the spoils of the console markets and say well if we can sell a million copies on PC, imagine what we can earn with a console ready version.....the bottom line is that the multi platform version normally bombs and earns less than the original due to the decisions required to make it possible.May seem negative to some of the younger gamers, but ill bet many of you older ones are nodding your head and dreading the same thing, we have seen it so many times before its almost like a pre destined event for any successful PC title, a poor shadow of a sequel designed for a mass market console audience.Ill hope and pray it doesnt happen, but id imagine even now the publishers and money men are having the meetings and discussing the potential of a console ready second Witcher game, I can hear the funeral bells ringing already.In an ideal world the devs would be happy with what they have achieved and would stick to their guns in developing a deeper more powerful Witcher sequel for the PC market, staying true to their roots and not compromising their visions to fit with control pads and console limitations. in the real world it rarely happens though.Im not anti console, some people love console style games, im just not one of those. The PC games tend to be more complex, the gameplay faster and more suited to a mouse and keyboard and id love to see the PC just have some of our flagship title stay faithful to the platform and build on the success in PC Gaming.

Is there anything known about a planned addon oder sequel?Wasn´t here for some time.In our german community Eriash said something about a sequel. Just a joke?

The sequel was a joke but, i know that there will be a new adventure included with the Enhanced edition.

Mobidoy said:
The sequel was a joke but, i know that there will be a new adventure included with the Enhanced edition.
I dimly recall an announcement that this new adventure centers on Dandelion (and, naturally, getting him out of trouble again). Does anyone know when the story is set, i.e. before or after the events of the game?

I just finished this game and it was great. I think a sequel should be more like a "PREQUEL" Perhaps starting the game BEFORE he lost his memory. There were so many disappointments in finishing this game. What happenened to Triss? What happened to Alvin? Was Alvin really the grand master? He had alvins necklace. Alvin had the ability to transport through time and had a "gift" as did the grand master. Afterall, he DID see the future! So, was the grand master really alvin? What happened to Shani? The list goes on. But the biggest question of all, "what about Geralt's memory????" Yes. A prequel would be great. Starting with the events that lead up to the attack of kaer moorn and the rise of the salamandra oh, and the loss of his memory. Maybe could start at the point in time where alvin transported himself back in time and became the grand master.

I think the lost memory was just a means to an end because we the players have to learn about Geralt's skills and abilities ;)What happened to Alvin and Geralt's beloved one? Okay this story could live without these answers. But what is preying on my mind... who was the assassin in the final cutscene and what's the meaning of this assault at the end of the game?

maybe they just threw it in there for flavour, everyone loves a good fight scene, nah i hope they make number 2, that would be awesome, although they always rumoured that diablo 3 was going to be made but that never happened!

Geralt is the Witcher for me, his attitude and dry approach to things make him almost believable, he just deals with things in his own way, and always gets something out of doing good deeds, it's so true to life. I'm sorry but not having Geralt around would reduce the appeal for be to buy the new game, it wouldn't stop me, but knowing Geralt is not around to crack me up at every turn would not be 'The Witcher' but 'A Witcher'What I would like to see is 1) More armor, maybe bracer and boot slots to increase immunity or physical defenses.2) A larger variation of NPC's.3) Duel weapon wielding, 'small weapons only'4) And more cut scenes for female interaction, like in chapter 1 with Vesna in the old mill..... ;)5) To push the game gore just a bit further.Hey but thats just me..... :evil:

1. In my own opinion; No Geralt = No Witcher!!!2. Expansion-Pack followed by a Sequel (But for the love of God, I do not want another Mask of the Betrayer laying around, take your time! )3. I'd like to see the choices we made previously carry over into the Expansion/Sequal (***SPOILERS BELOW***)-Who we gave Alvin to (Triss or Shani) -If we let the King of the Hunt take the Grand Master or not (we kill him and the King anyways I know, but it'd be nice to see some reprocussions!) -Killed the Striga or let her live -Spared Vincent and cured him of lycanthropy or killed him-If we let Abigail (The Witch in Act 1 and Healer in Act 4) live or let the mob have her-Who we sided with (The Order [Seigfried], Squirrels [Yaevin] or Neutral), And have the characters that lived/died carry over with consequences of who we killed/sided with.[Maybe add in the expansion/sequel an "Import/Export Save Game" like Baldur's Gate Series did?]4. New terrain/tile-sets! (Forests, Mountains, or maybe even return to Khaer Morren?)5. Kind of goes along with Number 3, except bring back some of the characters we talked to frequently and were persistant through most of the game (Dandelion, Zoltan, Luuvarden, etc.)6. Don't release seperate copies (No censors and ******! Soccer moms will manage to make it through this 'abomination', somehow! We have game ratings for a reason!)7. I'd like see atleast 2 more lengthy acts in an Expansion or 4-5 Acts in a Sequel (Asking for a lot of work I know, but I wants it! )8. Involve the other Witchers! (Lamber, Eskel and Vesemir!)9. No party controls or companions though, I prefer going at it alone 10. I'm not a big fan of Prequel's either so Expansion or Sequel only (This is just my opinion) 11. Make it as kick-ass as The Witcher! Well, those are the few things I'd like to see in an Expansion or Sequel! Hope some of you guys agree!

I'd like to stay playing as Geralt but if it would be made so that you have to make your own character I would prefer geralt being like a master for your char like vesemir in the start of the witcher.

I really would like to see Rivia and the tavern "Under the Witchers Sword". ;DSure Geralt must be the playable character but devs should finally show us Yennefer and Yarpen :)

Top Bottom