What would you like to see in expansion or sequel

+
Yes indeed wizaerd, it would actually be nice if certain quests that continue in a different act be marked similarly to the investigation type quests in the way of "I'll reopen the case when I have more evidence".That of course is from a player perspective.From the character perspective, it would be difficult for Geralt to tell when he will stumble across something that advances a quest.

I see what you both want and I can understand it. But such requests are going to build a game that do all the job for the player.Yes you could have hyperlinks between quests and various entries of the encyclopedia for example. Or yes each time you get an information related to a quest it should be automatically linked to the quest.But no I disagree with those 'enhancements" because it's eating and digesting the food for the player before to vomit it so the player could eat and digest it more easily.If you get the automatic hyperlinks this will stop the little brain move that make the player analyze a bit the events think to make the links between different information. Or just rush through a multiple search without quote and try remember how organize it and what's already done. It's the same problem for linking clearly and physically to a quest any information relative to it. This just break the little reflexion it requires without those pre-eat food.That said I didn't analyzed clearly each case you quoted, it's possible that some hints not well done or some quest a bit too much a garbage. I remember have too a few problem with stones but not clearly how I solved it.EDIT: What would be cool but involving a lot of programming would be that you have an easy and quick way to setup yourself your links between the quests and the various entries of the encyclopedia.

Unlike the people who found the combat laughably easy, I found a few battles -- primarily the Koschay -- very hard. What I found laughably easy was thinking of the next thing to do. For example,
The Reverend tells you that the Innkeeper has the key to the Salamandra hideout. You go to the inn, battle a bunch of Salamanders, then notice that the Innkeeper is dead on the floor. Geralt says aloud to himself, "I should check his pockets for the key." Well, duh. If the Innkeeper had the key, where else would you look for it? Plus, any adventurer worth their salt searches everybody's pockets. :) Having Geralt tell himself to search the Innkeeper's pockets seems to me to be leading the player by the hand way too much, but then, reading the sorts of questions that get asked on the forum, I can see why the game makers might have decided to provide that level of help. Still, it doesn't seem to me as if we need any more help; I'd like the opportunity to think a bit.

1. A new engine, one that gives proper due to the sweet mo-capped fighting animations; I want to do more than point and click. (Edit: If you do change the engine, please do not go with plasticy shaders. Keep the same artsy 'look', similar in ways to Source.2. Allow Geralt to sit on stools, chairs, etc. 3. More usable equipment. 4. Make it so I don't have to zone in order to get new dialogue trees once I've completed a quest. Having to run outside and run back in to get the new quest/dialogue tree is incredibly amateurish and clunky.5. Don't cheat on dialogue trees so much, giving me only two choices, both of which lead to the same answer. Bioware does this sometimes, but Witcher does it often.6. Create dialogue trees around a neutral greeting. This is the first thing one learns to do working with the NWN toolset when making dialogue. This was improved in the EE, but it's still not perfect.7. Adopt Oblivion's system of NPCs getting upset when you barge in and loot their homes. I don't need telepathic guards, but free-for-all theft is not acceptable anymore.8. Make sure there are no glaring WTFdesign? moments, like the opening of Chapter 1 at the gates of the Outskirts Inn.One of the truly great things about Witcher is that it doesn't hold the player's hand; the zones might be linear, but the quest chains have a kind of old-school freedom. However, if that will be the case for a sequel:9. Be certain the complexity of the overlapping quest chains doesn't overwhelm the designers with so many conditionals that things get mucked up; I may not want the game to hold my hand, but I have to be able to trust that it won't flake out. 10. Um. Ten seems good, but I need to think of another one. Even more redheads and bewbies? I dunno.

Well, they should only stop spawning when you only get 1xp from them. Before that they can still be useful :)

STGhost said:
Well, they should only stop spawning when you only get 1xp from them. Before that they can still be useful :)
That would require that the game have a player-level check before every spawning of drowners. Hmm. Would you settle for drowners stop respawning at the end of Act II?

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
That would require that the game have a player-level check before every spawning of drowners. Hmm. Would you settle for drowners stop respawning at the end of Act II?
I think that depends on how respawning was done. But I guess it could be done without it. Or maybe at every loading of area, I don't think a simple if clause would take that much time, it actually might shorten the loading time if creatures that aren't respawned are not being respawned. Alternative or what you originally suggested might be even a bit harder to implement. But I don't mind respawning of drowners that much actually, I just like to think that not all of them attacked me right away and that there are a few more hiding.

Oh, wanted to add another and restate one after trying to play Price of Neutrality.1. Dynamic character creation system-- not for the players, but for developers; at least use face-morphing technology and whatnot for some NPCs. Again:More attention paid to conditionals (i.e., Has spoken to ) and perhaps better NPC placement for this not to get borked. I just spent an hour looking for Eskel because that's what my journal told me to do. Googled and it turns out he's in the mine. I go there, it's locked. I go to another NPC the journal didn't point me towards and he says he's in the mine. Go all the way back to the mine and I'm still locked out. Maybe I'm supposed to talk to someone else? Do I have to kick-start Eskel's spawn by zoning or saving or resting? Is it just bugged?It's too hard to tell old-school 'deep', 'discovery' game design from the spectre of 'Is my game bugged out?' 'Should I re-load an old save to fix it?'Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but that sort of thing is very frustrating.

I talked to the sorceress first, then with prince. Then I met lambert on the bridge, talked with him, talked with vesemir, he told me to talk to eskel and then I went to the mine and talked to him. I guess you have a bug.

What i'd like to see hmmm...1) More leveling options/talents/xp to gather2) More equipment3) More unrelated sidequests and a bit more options to explore4) An ability to return to do unfinished quests and not end up locked out in some regards when progressing too much storywise5) A few massive battles between the factions.6) Less sex but more explicit and above all a well thought out romance/relationship system7) Hunting. A lot of additional hunting sidequests with some fun rewards on top.

The 'cards' thing was really tacky (although I did like the seeming self-parody when it came to the nurses on the neutral path...) I say, give Geralt fewer "dalliances", but make them more akin to the 'consequences' scenes with their painted stills -- multiple snippets of artwork, with Geralt talking about this character, why he helped her/likes her/is using her/whatever the story indicates. It'd be a much better reflection on Geralt's personality, and a less tokenistic representation of his 'exploits'.Non-sword weapons should be enfranchised in some way -- whether it be by having multiple 'main' characters (Call of Duty style?), some of whom have full witcher-style sets of techniques for axes/hammers/knives/etc, or by giving the weapons specific and pronounced advantages -- "axes do big bonus damage against rooted-to-the-spot monsters, knives are faster than swords but make you vulnerable", etc etc. The hammers, axes, flails etc in The Witcher had no real application except as items to sell; only the torch was remotely useful as a sidearm. The addition of a bow might be interesting.Similar to the weapons, it might be interesting to turn the tables on Signs -- give the players Yrden, Axii and Quen early, and make 'em wait for Aard and Igni. It'd shake up a lot of play-styles, that's for sure...Increased mobility would help. Vaulting over fences, more responsive jumping and mantling... Stuff that eliminates little problems like when you're fighting drowners in the sewer and you start climbing up one side, then automatically jumping back down to follow them, which makes them climb up, which makes YOU climb up, which makes THEM jump back down, etc etc etc...I'd love to see part of a Witcher sequel set in Zerrikania. Zebras! Ostriches! Elephants! Lions! Gryphons!...

... would love to see more amazing areas that you could explore through the game. Maybe if the story had you travel more through the empire of Nilfgaard (and maybe even other places). Let us use those world maps from our LEs!! :p Anything from deep forests to high mountains and lots in between.Some of the zones in TW are the most beautiful I have ever experienced in a game, and together with the superb music and weather effects it makes the atmosphere the best ever created in a game (my personal opinion). So yes, more of that please.

I for one would have to agree with the comments made by people that call for Geralt remaining the hero. I'm sorry, but you can't really call it "The Witcher" and not have Geralt in it as many have stated, but more so than that, there is so much left for him to explore. Without spoiling the ending to anyone, that scene alone would, in my opinion, warrant further exploration especially since they go to such great lengths to say that the other Witcher strongholds have been out of contact for such a while.Additionally, to say that Geralt would then have to be facing godlike monsters of epic proportions doesn't necessarily have to happen either. Sure, you might argue that well, short of another cause of amnesia there's no way you can justify him losing his powers short of a toxic overdoes which is actually a rather good idea. Preserving realism is always a difficult thing to do, but then again, we are talking RPG here people, fighting dragons single handed, staving off an army with a sword and shield are the kinds of things these games are founded upon, and to keep with the storyline, who’s to say that the monsters of the world cannot mutate to simply more powerful versions? Who’s to say that the ones that reside in Temeria are not just pushovers? There's many ways you can approach that hurdle and overcome it without having to absolutely cripple Geralt again which personally for me makes it really hard to get into Sequels especially after having freshly conquered the previous game as a quick refresher whenever I hear of the sequels coming out.As for the game engine, I will admit that the Aurora Engine for the game does feel a bit clunky, especially at times when you're going into a swing to have a twig stop you from moving or allowing you to swerve out of the way from being hit, but the combat system is unique and rather enjoyable, though I have to admit the first time out I had a hell of a learning curve trying to make heads or tails of my attacks. Beyond that, I think we can all agree that this is a game that seriously needs to be made, both the Enhanced Edition and Original took my interest in a way that hasn't happened since I played the first Baldur's Gate back when I was a kid, and I wait the days that this amazing storyline is continued. ;D

I would like to see new locations, another city as big as Vizima.New foes would be nice, specially a Dragon. I know it's a cliche, but dragons are always welcome, specially those nasty hard to kill ones. 8)New formulae. Ok, the game has a lot of them, but why not some more?At least three types of armor to purchase. Maybe some different kinds of armor to suit all kinds of Witcher builds.New forging items.New pretty babe ;DWith my suggestions or not, I'm looking forward to see a sequel.

Star275 said:
I for one would have to agree with the comments made by people that call for Geralt remaining the hero. I'm sorry, but you can't really call it "The Witcher" and not have Geralt in it as many have stated, but more so than that, there is so much left for him to explore. Without spoiling the ending to anyone, that scene alone would, in my opinion, warrant further exploration especially since they go to such great lengths to say that the other Witcher strongholds have been out of contact for such a while.
agree... the witcherworld including all the characters are very comprehensive... much content for the main character Geralt to sample many adventures. It doesn't have to be an adaptation of the novels.

1)Allow importing of Geralt and start from level 40 or above.2)More skill trees and increase level cap.3)More non-linear quests like the ones in Witcher.4)Interesting characters like the Professor.5)Really hard and adrenaline-inducing monsters. (For example, I still fear about fighting Duriel/Mephisto/Diablo in 8-player Hell Difficulty).

Top Bottom