What would you say to a party after Blood and Wine ends?

+
What would you say to a party after Blood and Wine ends?

I understand that CD Projekt said that Blood and Wine is the end to Geralt's journey and while I agree with and understand their position, I can't help but feel an urge to have a little more of closure.. Am I alone in this?

How awesome would it be to commemorate the Corvo Bianco's opening/ bustling state in a new cutscene/ quest after the Blood and Wine ending with a nice party in the estate, wouldn't you love to see the characters we encountered in Witcher 3 be present and perhaps some returning ones just to see their faces one last time in an air of celebration?

We deserve a nice celebration after such a great adventure. CDPR sure as hell does too, all the work they put in, it is deserved. This doesn't have to be a goodbye, it will be a see you later ;)

What do you think? Voice off.

I think it will be a great idea. We need use that guest room finally. We can drink wine with are majordomus but not with are friends? C,mon..:geraltsad:

Lots of people been saying this and I agree. There should be some content/quests at the end with familiar faces. And I agree it should be a see you guys later, rather than goodbye. That kind of closure would be welcomed.

It would be pretty hard to do from a dev point of view because of all the possible states of all the relationships. You'd have to think carefully about who you invite and if it excludes anyone else, and you'd have to weigh each word being said very carfully. Just Yen and Triss in the same room could be tricky to do right after after all the possible states of the main quest and the different player feelings towards them. And then Keira comes in... who might or might not have slept with Geralt.... and then Shani comes in... who might or might not have slept with Geralt... And the player what is his/her intention? To stay with Triss, Yen or Shani? It could be a mess.

The best party ending like this I can think of is ME3 Citadel, but that one was a lot easier to do since they are all your crewmembers and if they are still alive they are pretty much all with you. There is a "formal" relationship to fall back on. But the cast of the witcher series is all friends and collegues and lovers... ex-lovers... complicated. You could probably do it but you'd have to treat the relationships very carefully. Suggestions:

1) If you are with Yen from the main game you stay with Yen. Further love ensues. Yen and Triss avoid eachother naturally at the party.
2) If you are with Triss from the main game you stay with Triss. Further love ensues. Yen and Triss avoid eachother naturally at the party.
3) If you romanced neither it's not going to happen overnight, to just throw on an "oh, now we're together" kind of thing at the end I think would be tacky.
4) If you tried to be with both Yen and Triss in the main game (you screwed up) it's too late to fix it now in just one party, again it would be tacky.
5) If you invite Shani she would only be your girl if you didn't romance Yen or Triss. Otherwise you'll say something like "I'm with Yen/Triss".
6) If you did screw up in the main game (point 4) you can still be with Shani at the end

Doable... but you're threading on thin ice.

The boys are much easier to handle! Lol. Hjalmar, Zoltan... Eskel... Lambert.. they'll get right along. Even if Lambert is a bit of a prick.

Last edited:
Its a good idea, and more or less i expected that with the ending of B&W with geralt's own mansion.
You should have seen my face after i visited the mansion after the ending...

I was expecting to see yen again, but not in the last minute and not the only one who is visiting geralt.
To be honest, that was a huge letdown.
I expected in this case really more of corvo bianco.

For example:
Music in the background (like dead man's party quest on the wedding), arm wrestling with Zoltan, Horse races for example with ciri ? There are sooo many possibilities.
And ofc much wine ( i mean geralt can have his own wine brand....)

Last edited:
Top Bottom