What would you say to this change in combat? [Possible spoilers] [Poll]

+

How would your mood change if CDPR would make you (re)fill/empty ammo magazines yourself?

• Would fill of joy because,

• Would feel happy because,

• Would feel cheery because,

• Would feel satisfied because,

• Mood would not change because,

• Would feel indifferent because,

• Would feel annoyed because,

• Would feel sad because,

• Would feel frustrated because,

• Would feel another kind of mood namely,

Results are only viewable after voting.
Saw this mod just now.

At first I thought: "Who would download that!?" But then I started thinking. Have yet to see a shooting game where you actually have to fill an empty ammo magazine manually every time. Full mags are always in every game simply thrown on your lap without any effort.

Then I thought: "You know, in a bid to make the excessive amount of loot actually make any sense, CDPR could adjust the combat system and replace all those weapons into loose bullets and rounds, which you then have to pick up and input manually into an empty mag for it to be used.

You would always have only 1 or 2 ammo magazines to start with. Finding more fitting mags for your firearms would be rare at best.
How would such a combat system suit your mood?

Please comment below.

My life is to short for that, it's up there with refilling the fuel tank on the car. Necessary but the novelty soon wears off!

Edit- might suit a post apocalyptic / survival game where ammo management was more relevant, but rounds in NC are like candy

I do not think I have seen that in any (or very many) games before, I think there may be a good reason for that. I guess I have nothing against it as I always want more stuff that is interactive in open would games as long as you use contextual keys and not assign 100 different keys to 100 different actions.

However I can imagine a heck of a lot of others things to make interactive first...

A mode that makes it optional. Netrunners capable of hacking your own weapons would be so satisfying, they would appear more threatening- heightening the tension. I would love to starve in this game so the food doesn't feel like a wasted mechanic.

My life is to short for that, it's up there with refilling the fuel tank on the car. Necessary but the novelty soon wears off!
Have to be honest. Would very welcome the fact if you had to fill up your fuel tank accordingly. Was actually of the assumption that all vehicles were electric in 2077. Would make having several vehicles worth your while, as they would be unavailable for a while while recharging, forcing you to use another.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, with my playstyle, I wouldn't mind (1 bullet > 1 dead) :)
But if I take the example of smart guns (especially the HJKE-1), you would really spend a lot of time filling your magazines. (Magazines empty very quickly)
I'm not sure everyone will like it.
Wouldn't you only need to fill up once in a while if you're playing 1 bullet for 1 target?
To fill up machinegun mags you can use fast re-loaders. Don't know if they can be used while moving, though.

Wouldn't you only need to fill up once in a while if you're playing 1 bullet for 1 target?
To fill up machinegun mags you can use fast re-loaders. Don't know if they can be used while moving, though.
Like I said, with my style of play, no problem. And it's a reflex, I shoot/kill and press directly on "X" for reload (on xbox) if I have a timeout between two enemies. So I wouldn't mind :)
But when I use Skippy (especially when aiming - burst mode), my ammo reserve drops super fast (600 to 0 with 8-10 assaults...). So much so that I have to craft ammo, which never normally happens. So I imagine if I had to "manually" reload each magazine... damn, that would get boring pretty quickly.

In a store, apartment, or just after a rest/sleep magazines should be filled automatically.
During combat the ammunition in the swapped out magazine should vanish, or, if the game can handle it, put back into the inventory with its remaining cartridge count.

I like that mechanic as it makes you think about resources, secondary weapon use and such instead of mindlesly reload if you have time.
And yes, I'm the type who like to have to re-fill the car too, though for different reason (immersion, believability).

In fact, original Mafia 1 (and 2 perhaps) has both and more (ticket for speeding or ignoring traffic lights...) and it was ideal for me. At least for the story driven open world that is supposed to be more on the serious note.

I hear Cyberpunk 2077 developers often mention maturity but the gameplay is made to be accesible, streamlined, generic even... quite the opposite I would expect.
But it is understable, they aim for as many players they could. And it (those mechanics) would take out the time you need to loot more broken rakes, ashtrays and other, true fun, stuff.

For that reason I actually think this mechanic is not for Cyberpunk 2077— "It ain't that kind of movie" (and It's pity)

Saw this mod just now.

At first I thought: "Who would download that!?" But then I started thinking. Have yet to see a shooting game where you actually have to fill an empty ammo magazine manually every time. Full mags are always in every game simply thrown on your lap without any effort.

Then I thought: "You know, in a bid to make the excessive amount of loot actually make any sense, CDPR could adjust the combat system and replace all those weapons into loose bullets and rounds, which you then have to pick up and input manually into an empty mag for it to be used.

You would always have only 1 or 2 ammo magazines to start with. Finding more fitting mags for your firearms would be rare at best.
How would such a combat system suit your mood?

Please comment below.
Sounds like a lot of busiwork for nothing. And as @MrGuyton says, you'd probably get infuriated after having to have done it a couple times.

Sounds like a lot of busiwork for nothing. And as @MrGuyton says, you'd probably get infuriated after having to have done it a couple times.
I suppose it's meant to raise immersion somewhat.

Also maybe to let you make a little more effort for when wielding high suppression type weapons like machineguns. Could imagine when implemented accurately balanced, could pose a nice challenge, and maybe also make you think twice about whether or not it would be better to choose a pistol or revolver, instead of a submachinegun.

An example of a speed ammo loader. until now I've yet to see one being used while on the move. So guess you would always need to fill your mags before an op.

Yep, but I'm stay on my position (like survival mode/perma-death).
I could be cool, only if it's optional and left to the discretion of the player :)

If it's added, if I use it and unfortunately if it annoys me, I want to be able to turn it off whenever I want.

Have to be honest. Would very welcome the fact if you had to fill up your fuel tank accordingly. Was actually of the assumption that all vehicles were electric in 2077.
Yeah, I assumed they were still some kind of internal combustion engine given the sounds, could be hydrogen, but there are oil fields in the game and all the animals died from pollution.

Its meant to be an extrapolated future from the 1980s hence the muscle cars.

I could be cool, only if it's optional and left to the discretion of the player :)

If it's added, if I use it and unfortunately if it annoys me, I want to be able to turn it off whenever I want.
Actually, that gave me an idea. It could be a neat thing for a a la FO4 survival mode, then there's more of that busiwork and then it would fit I think.

Yeah, I assumed they were still some kind of internal combustion engine given the sounds, could be hydrogen, but there are oil fields in the game and all the animals died from pollution.

Its meant to be an extrapolated future from the 1980s hence the muscle cars.
SHOOH2 ;)
And electrical... nope. Too much dust in the atmosphere for solar panels so unless nuclear (which is not viable in the long term... ), there is no "electric" solution at all.

Actually, that gave me an idea. It could be a neat thing for a a la FO4 survival mode, then there's more of that busiwork and then it would fit I think.
Yup definitely, you craft Heath-Robinson weapons and ammo, would fit that kind of game. @Bartinga2077 don't think it's a bad idea, just not sure it fits CP2077 Could work really nicely in a more extreme survival type scenario. I only have 20 rounds left, I'll load 5 cos there's 5 bad guys, if I miss I'll have to finish them off with the pointy femur I crafted from the last enemy.
Post automatically merged:

SHOOH2 ;)
And electrical... nope. Too much dust in the atmosphere for solar panels so unless nuclear (which is not viable in the long term... ), there is no "electric" solution at all.

Bio ethanol (y)

Last edited:

Think this is exactly why not a soul on earth dares implementing it. Not in any CoD game, not in any MGS game, although MGS4 and 5 did had silencers with limited health, which I found super weird. Thought those games were always very accurate concerning reloading animations and shooting.

Probably saying it's a lot of extra work that serves no adequate purpose. Guess it remains to be seen whether or not some gonk team decides to force it through.

Top Bottom