What would your reaction be, if the developers admitted that this was an early access game?

+

What would your reaction be, if the developers admitted that this was an early access game?

• Ecstatic

• Relieved

• Indifferent

• Disappointed

• Angry

Results are only viewable after voting.
First and foremost, I thank the studio for coming forward with the apology statement. Furthermore, we shouldn't take such things lightly and for granted. As much as I am disappointed in this game, I care for it just as much. The concept is refreshing and the overall experience COULD BE unlike anything I've ever played. It's feasible. It's reachable. But only if the developers would also come forward with the statement that a lot of substance of this game is not present. If it isn't present YET, then I would be delighted, because that means that updates will possibly contain the things the game needs.

Yes, bug fixes and other technical issues are their priorities right now, but I'm a patient man. And so should the rest of the fans. But for the sake of testing the waters, I want to see how people would feel if the developers actually did admit that the game had a lot of missing features among other things, with a statement they came forward to us with, hypothetically.

First and foremost, I thank the studio for coming forward with the apology statement. Furthermore, we shouldn't take such things lightly and for granted. As much as I am disappointed in this game, I care for it just as much. The concept is refreshing and the overall experience COULD BE unlike anything I've ever played. It's feasible. It's reachable. But only if the developers would also come forward with the statement that a lot of substance of this game is not present. If it isn't present YET, then I would be delighted, because that means that updates will possibly contain the things the game needs.

Yes, bug fixes and other technical issues are their priorities right now, but I'm a patient man. And so should the rest of the fans. But for the sake of testing the waters, I want to see how people would feel if the developers actually did admit that the game had a lot of missing features among other things, with a statement they came forward to us with, hypothetically.
indifferent, we will just see in one-two years

In my opinion the game would need a EA Tag neither what devs say. I am asking myself how they manage to look at the mirror talking about being proud of their pc version/work when it lacks so much immersion. Don't talking about the bugs etc. Just look at the poor mechanic in the behavior, the driving, the decisions and "style matters", customization in terms of clothing and cars. So I would be angry that they would make it post v 1.0 launch but also it would be a true to facts approach.

for me someone needs to address the elephant in the room - either we will get better games or we will stick with current rather shallow games.

MMOs are doing this for decade or two, constantly adding more chapters and features. On the other hand SP
Games are getting bigger (vide HZD, RDR2, AC Valhalla). Price difference is getting huge since mmo have shops and payments model, SP are sitting on the 50-60$ price level that is completely no on par with current inflation.

This is going to end with one big name studio switching the model and the rest will follow.

As bad as it sounds -well like Dr Strange In Infinity War put it - there was no other way ;)

Difficult to answer and also very hypothetical.

There is just no way they'd admit to that. I doubt they'll even consider that the truth. Much like the latest message from the Co-Founder showed.

I am pretty sure they do consider the game feature complete. So there really isn't a need to call it early access. A Beta maybe, but that's about it. And since entering the beta stage pretty much means feature complete... we're out of luck either way.

Difficult to answer and also very hypothetical.
because not in all platform is garbage, the performance of the game differs even from PC to PC on my rig work just fine (from 45 to 60 frame depending on place), yes the ai is just stupid but i didnt encouter game-breaking bugs

because not in all platform is garbage, the performance of the game differs even from PC to PC on my rig work just fine (from 45 to 60 frame depending on place), yes the ai is just stupid but i didnt encouter game-breaking bugs

I had a similar experience. I had glitches and some random bugs. But nothing that broke the game where I had to reload or even reinstall. FPS was never an issue for me either. But I get that it was for others.

After CP77 I played Control and I encountered similar glitches there too. All in all my problem isn't the technical state of the game but the plot, conclusion and odd quest structure.

I mean, I'm perfectly fine with Baldurs Gates 3 being unfinished atm, because devs don't try to hide the fact that it's an early access, and don't try to pretend that it's flawless on PC. Y'know, unlike CP77.
Exactly, and some paying costumers still fall for it, which is just sad...

If the developers admitted this obvious fact I would give them a standing ovation!
However, they won't do that. I think we need this statement for we could calm down. Because... well... we love this game so much.
I can't remember when I was as angry with a game as I am now.
Anger is fear. And I fear that CDPR will release a couple of patches and will ride off into the sunset with my money and my dreams:sad:

i dont think so, patch are coming and they arent only for consolles, maybe they will add the missed content (where possible) with free dlc (i think later this year will come out the cosmetic pack that all wants as free dlc probably)

So the next two patches will most likely be entirely bug fixes and optimisation. Maybe a few additions for the most egregious issues (like the cop spawning). Patch #1 will be focused toward consoles, patch#2 will be most of the bugfixes.

The free DLC is where we will see content come into the game, be it cut or new. I just hope its the right content, and not fucking weapon skins or some shit.

The free DLC is where we will see content come into the game, be it cut or new. I just hope its the right content, and not fucking weapon skins or some shit.
people dont ask for weapons skins (they are already in the game, just watch the mob weapons, i am puzzled why they didnt unlock them for player also) people ask for cosmetics feature

people dont ask for weapons skins (they are already in the game, just watch the mob weapons, i am puzzled why they didn't unlock them for player also) people ask for cosmetics feature
I am more getting at superfluous stuff instead of actual content, like resolutions to some quest chains, more NPC interactions (thinking romances here) and whatnot.

I dont mind the idea of a weapon customisation system, with skins and whatnot. But the game needs some more content first.

I am more getting at superfluous stuff instead of actual content, like resolutions to some quest chains, more NPC interactions (thinking romances here) and whatnot.

i dont really care about romance, i prefer cosmetics, this is personalization, the heart of the game

i dont really care about romance, i prefer cosmetics, this is personalization, the heart of the game
One of the main selling points of the game is the depth of the characters. Romances are just one way (and the most obvious way) to express that. Play to the games strengths, you know?

Top Bottom