What would your reaction be, if the developers admitted that this was an early access game?

+

What would your reaction be, if the developers admitted that this was an early access game?

• Ecstatic

• Relieved

• Indifferent

• Disappointed

• Angry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hold on, the question is a bit unclear to me.
Do you mean, if the devs admitted it was an early access after or before launch?
Because this detail alone vastly change the meaning of the question.

If that's the first option we're talking about, I have the feeling that people would have been furious, claiming that they should have told them before the game came out. It could also have been taken as a provocation, people believing they're trying to hide their real intention of releasing an unfinished game (good thing that they didn't take that kind of defense, otherwise it may have worsen the situation).

If they announced the game would be on early access before they released it, that's a completely different stroy, however and in fact, it's borderline what they should have done when they saw, say, a year before that they wouldn't be able to finish it in time (if that was possible back at the time, obviously).

If so, I'm actually pretty confident that the public reaction would have been mostly positive. Early access is usually taken as a gift (game developpers give you the ability to play the game you waited for so long before the official launch date, albeit, it's not finished just yet).

I can't think of a game that has been released on early access and got some particular backlash due to that but I don't know all the video games around so, maybe I'm wrong.

One of the main selling points of the game is the depth of the characters. Romances are just one way (and the most obvious way) to express that. Play to the games strengths, you know?
i have already played the judy romance, really nothing special in my opinion, dragon age romance with Leliana is a way much better

At first I would be disappointed. To admit this at such a late time; would really crush their fan base. I highly doubt they would do this, given the fact that they are currently being sued. They are programmers. With all the issues they had to fix; I'm sure they are learning what does and doesn't work for consoles. So in reality; if Cyberpunk 2077 were to do a complete re-release later this year; I'm sure it would run as smooth with all the promised features.

Who knows, what CDPR is working on. For all we know, the DLC could come as late as mid year. Will the CP2077 community still be here? That's a big maybe. CDPR would really have to commit their loyalty, that something big and revised is coming by mid year.

What I would have wanted CDPR to do was to make a ongoing comic series that explained the current state of NC. They did make a digital book; but I'm not sure what time it was set in. My idea of it, would have given reference to the current things that can't be accessed in NC; via railway, underground and etc. Of course it would have a good story that keeps the community engaged as they play. That way, you don't have all these people popping on the forums asking "Why this and why that"

Where's "baffled" option?

Admitting it's early access? I see it as an unnecessary lie. They can just say something like:
"The release of Cyberpunk was premature. We've made a decision to continue the development of the game."

Indifferent

It is just stating the obvious.

I would be surprised if they promised to finish and deliver the game they promised on the Trailers, NCW and the Books (the Book of Cyberpunk 2077 and the comics Trauma Team)

Take a look in the Witcher 3. The game has so much more life and lore than the comics and even the Netflix series. Cyberpunk 2077 is exactly the opposite, any other media is more complete than the game

Where's "baffled" option?

Admitting it's early access? I see it as an unnecessary lie. They can just say something like:
"The release of Cyberpunk was premature. We've made a decision to continue the development of the game."

That's what they did with these "apologies" already. Phrasing it in any other way would just complicate matters with any of the legal problems they may have and can then potentially delay any type of real improvement in the game even further.

download.png

That's what they did with these "apologies" already. Phrasing it in any other way would just complicate matters with any of the legal problems they may have and can then potentially delay any type of real improvement in the game even further.
All that stuff was so vague, that it can be interpreted multiple ways. Without trying to read between lines, they simply said - bugs is the priority, there will be regular updates and patches. That's it. Everything else is speculation.

Oh, if we don't count the unconvincing excuse that past gen versions worked fine, but they continued improving them till the last minute of self-imposed deadline.

I'm not surprised Indifferent is the 2nd most chosen vote. It was for me.

I wanted to see this game published before 2022, and it's current condition isn't really a concern for me. I haven't even finished it yet, I've gotten to the final mission 2x now, I'm just moving a character through each Origin Story to that point.

Buggy or not, cut content or not. I'm sitting at 150hrs of play time and counting. I got my money's worth.

At this point I wouldn't really care. I think I would really say. Why didn't we just get it earlier. Since it's not actually done lol

Relieved if they fix it

If they plan to clarify things and not leave everything in Ambiguity.
It would be nice to know what they had planned for each aspect and to let it be known that they plan to finish the game.
They still do not admit that there is content cut by more than this by parts within the game.
They consider the wanted system and police a Bug, when it is clear that something gone badly wrong.
Same with AI or citizens disappearing when looking away.
They give priority was given to other aspects, such as finishing the main campaign from beginning to end, even with its cuts.

OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY, It will only be reflected with the actions. But it would be a good gesture to clear things up.

The PC version is awesome ... so this "statement" would make no sense ... so I would check if we have April the 1st.

Regards

The PC version is awesome ... so this "statement" would make no sense ... so I would check if we have April the 1st.

Regards

I have to agree with this statement. All the good footage I have seen online is with the PC version. As predicted, a lot of issues are probably occurring from current generation consoles trying to run the high graphic interface. Since PC's have the appropriate specs; the game seems to run smooth. Just look at all the character customization videos. If you can see the bits of hair in the half shave; then you know it's the PC version.

So the correct statement is that it was released pre-mature for consoles.

Top Bottom