What you expect from 1.10?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope (but I doubt) that the texture pop in problems will be fixed.....

I'm STILL having people literally pop in out of thin air within feet of me everywhere I go ALL the time....... things like building textures and other item textures load super late, they load as I get there.... from a super blurry color palette to something that looks like a wall of a building...... Massive ship sails of the Emperors ship for example loading as I'm 20-30 feet away sailing towards it, etc etc

There comes a point, quite early in the game for me, when fighting most !OBS had absolutely zero value. But the games decides that I am in combat stance, and that is it. Takes longer to try to clumsily hop a way than to fight them. It would be really nice if the game let me decide who to fight, instead of forcing me to fight everything that passes within a certain radius. So, I'd like a fix for that. And bloody Skellige's Most Wanted. What's the point in making a big song and dance of free dlc if the damn thing doesn't work?

I expect:

1) New Game + which will be buggy and may not work.
2) Achievements to remain broken or be buggy.
3) NPC pop in to be addressed in the patch notes, whilst making no difference in game again.
4) A plethora of new bugs.

What I want. Cd Projekt Red, open up a beta program for steam so those wanting to run an older version of the game can instead of possibly having to deal with your latest buggy patch that for many users may break the game. Also make it so when I am running away from enemies for whatever reason that geralt doesn't suddenly do a 180 and face the enemies allowing himself to be hit. What about me directing the character way from the enemies and sprinting in the opposite direction says I want to face them and stand there like a stunned dear as I inevitably take damage that should never have happened (often resulting in death, as you know, there may be a reason why I am running away).

In fact get rid of all this automated silliness. If I want to draw a sword let me do it, don't make the game do it for me automatically. It is annoying, it is unnecessary.

Last edited:
I expect:

1) New Game + which will be buggy and may not work.
2) Achievements to remain broken or be buggy.
3) NPC pop in to be addressed in the patch notes, whilst making no difference in game again.
4) A plethora of new bugs.

What I want. Cd Projekt Red, open up a beta program for steam so those wanting to run an older version of the game can instead of possibly having to deal with your latest buggy patch that for many users may break the game. Also make it so when I am running away from enemies for whatever reason that geralt doesn't suddenly do a 180 and face the enemies allowing himself to be hit. What about me directing the character way from the enemies and sprinting in the opposite direction says I want to face them and stand there like a stunned dear as I inevitably take damage that should never have happened (often resulting in death, as you know, there may be a reason why I am running away).

In fact get rid of all this automated silliness. If I want to draw a sword let me do it, don't make the game do it for me automatically. It is annoying, it is unnecessary.

I take it that your laughing then frowning at the reality that chances are CDPR will put out another patch that does as much harm (or more harm) then it does good. Or are you one who claims that we shouldn't ever complain, even when for example loading up my inventory screen for the first week or so of release caused my game to crash.

They have made a great game and it should be fantastic that they are providing this much patch support. But the patches seem to not be going through the amount of testing they should be, resulting in the patches causing many problems. Either that or there just being pushed out the door to quickly and/or the engine is far more of a Frankenstein monster then it should be.

- more bugs
- more bugs that never happened before
- 1x fixed bug - 2x new bugs
- new game plus buggy as hell
- more visual downgrade

I'd love if they brought back full analog control of walking speed pre 1.07 update as an option you could toggle on the PS4.

(and yeah fixing the draw distance and texture pop-ins would be great too but I guess they've reached their engine's limit on the PS4)

Since 1.07 and 1.08 this game started to crash to desktop all of the sudden. Didn't have this problem after 1.03. I did update the firmware for my Strix GTX 980 OC but I don't think those crashes are because of that. Those crashes have only happened three times in about 30 hours but are very annoying nonetheless.

for 1.09 I would like

some bug fixes
fix so that all the alternate outfit dlc for the girls are shown in the battle for Kaer Morhen cutscenes.
new triss romance dialogue
would like superior oils to be bought from gremist, missing only 4 looked just about everywhere and can't find them.
a potion that stops beard growth if you want to be clean shaven or just have a small beard all the time.

Now that my Main Problem with Get Junior is solved, I'll update my current personal Top 10 Wishes:

1) Overworking of all Quests of the Game and their possible Fail Objectives.
Fail Objectives should stay in this Game only, when it's a real Fail Objective that leaded to the complete Quest to fail, so that you can see, because of which reason the whole Quest failed. Fail Objectives that are100% OPTIONAL tasks shouldn't count as failable objectives at all.
Every optional objective, that you didn't decide for to do, should n't count as Fail Objective, but instead should become just invisible/get removed from the objective list and not get shown to you anymore!.

Example:
Redania's Most Wanted...there you can give a certain item either to Triss, or to Yennever, the silly game even shows you only the Option for Triss and that only, as long you don't have done any of her Side Quests before to make her leave Novigrad. Do you give that Item to Triss, suddenly you see an Optional Task appear in your Quest Log, that you couldn't knew about earlier at all, that you could have given optionally that Item also to Yennefer as failed objective.

Better it would be here now, if the game wouldn't be bugged here, that the game would show you from begin on all options and when I give it to Triss, then the Option to give it to Yennefer instead simply disappears from the Quest Log, without being shown to us as an failed objective,
Putting into the game senseless fail objectives like this rather feels like a punishment for not having chosen 1 option over another and as a senseless permanent reminder on that, that many people dislike to see - especially peopel like me who are completionists and absolutely can't stand it to see any fail objectives in their Quest Logs

2) PS4 Game Performance Improvements to make the Game have the same good performance, as like the X1 Version and especiially a fix to that Screen Blurring/Lag Bug, which happens to appear sometimes, when you run fast for a longer while, and sometimes rarely since Patch 1.07 also in midsts of cutscenes and in these situations like every fix 10 seconds or so

3) Quest Bug Fixes... there are still so many unfixed ones, just yesterday I found a for me personalyl new one with one of the many yellow attention mark quests near Novigrad, where two Witchhunters are trying to get into a house, one permanently hammering with fists against the closed door (which is in fact invisible!!, you can look into the house through an invisible closed door...) and the quest not starting when you talk to the other Witchhunter... nothign helps, meditation not, restart not, quest simpyl doesn't start.. but thats nothing new for this kind of Quest Starter Bug, as if we wouldn't have had that already several times...

4) Improvement of the Game Loot System. Already read books, shouldn't be lootable anymore. Bomb/Potion Recipes should be findable in progressive order. Change alot of Dwarven Alcohol into somethign else, way too much Alcohol and other worthless Junk to be found that should be replaced simply better with more findalbe "Bags of Oren/Florebn/Crowns) with random amounts of currency

5) Improvement of the Monster Treasure/Quest Scaling and Reward Scaling, letting finally Quest Level Requirements fit to Level Rewards also, so that defeatign for example a Level 18 Forktail that protects a chest also lets oyu find Lvl 18 Loot inside the chest and not like lvl 11 junk thats much weaker than what you already use...
Finding a hidden treasure or defeatign a dangerous threat that protects somethign valueable should ALWAYS feel also rewarding by givign you something, that is better, than what you already use, or rewarding you with something unlockable, that you don't have yet.

6) Improve the way how Geralt receives Experience in the Game, so that the Game doesn't become such a huge Level Grind at the end to become able to equip the most effective weapons and gears. In fact. Finding new Waypoints should give Exp Boosts, reading new Books should give Exp Boosts, Monster Kills should give more Exp, Side Quests should give more Exp, Main Quests/Monster Hunts should give a bit lesser Exp. Learning new Recipes should give you Exp Boosts.
Simply, whenever Geralt learns something thats new to him, it should give him essential Exp Boosts, because learning something new is new experience for him. Easy and absolutely understandable, and no rocket science logic needed for this obvious true reason!

7) Raise the amount of Gold that Vendors have significantly and reduce the amount of time they need to get new money. 500-700 isn't really much. Each Vendor that sells very valuable things should have like 2500-5000 Oren and the amount of money vendors have shoult proportionally also rise slowly, so higher valuable the stuff becomes that you sell.

8.) Increase of Enemy Population in the whole Game and adding of alot new missing Monsters from the previous Games. Velen feels pretty empty, you can ride around there minutes long, without even running into a single monster!!

9) More UI and QoL Improvements, like giving Decoctions/Potions their own Equipment Slots, like making the Inventory manually sortable, like adding a Slider to the Deposit, so that you can decide self, how many units of an item you want to stash in there/remove from the deposit. Like removing the Drunk Effect from a single beer and increasign significantly the amount of alcohol that you need to drink to get drunk and from that point on, increase the level of drunkness and give Alcoholic Drinks in general again a usage in the game, like in TW1

10) Skill Rebalance ofGeralts Skills, remove some useless Skilsl and replace them with better ones, merge other traits to make space for more useful Abilities.
Neutral Abilities hsould be not Abilities, but instead TALENTS, that Geralt automatically learns over the course of Character Progression.
he difference between Witcher Abilities and Witcher Talents would be, that Talents would be automatically learned, without having to spent for them any Skill Points.

So Stuff like the 3 Witcher School Trainings should count as Talents as example, which Geralt automatically learns on say Level 5, 10 and 15 in any order as you like
Also alot of the passive Skills, like changing the Witcher Signs to their Alternative Mode should count as Witcher Talents that you automatically learn and master without having to spent Abilities Points for them

Example Alternative AARD on Level 7, Alternative IGNI on Level 12, Alternative YRDEN on Level 17, Alternative AXII on Level 20 and Alternative QUEN on Level 25
Alternatively could be added also "Masters" to the game, special NPCs that teach you certain things, that are currently Abilities in the Game, so that you can learn certain abilities only, if you find in the Game Masters and Grandmasters, that are willing to teach you their secrets.

Example:
The Ability which increases the intensity of IGNI should be one, that you learn only when you bring Triss to the point, that shes willing to help you out to intensify your abilities by training with you on your IGNI... to make this happen could be as an intruduction to the Master System be the point in the plot of Get Junior, where you help her with the optional task of burning down the Witchhunter Headquarter in Novigrad and by helping her, she recognizes, that she knows something, she could teach you some day to make your IGNI better...

Last edited:
I haven't updated my game for quite some time. I heard the second newest patch removed the different paces of walking slowly. Was that fixed with the latest patch? I might have to update my game in order to start NW+....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom