What you expect from 1.10?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It boggles my mind how you don't have it in you to make the game harder when you are fully capable of doing so. I see people doing runs in games like God of War and the Souls series where they don't upgrade their weapons or anything.

Also you ignored one suggestion and that being that you use armor and swords below your level.

Its not hard.

However, I would not be opposed to another difficulty where they made it such that enemies scaled to your level.

Nerfing ourselves, as you put it.. is an absurd idea. No offense. Why in God's name should we neglect the fun and thoughtfulness (and rewarding feeling) of choosing the correct specs, mutagens, oils, potions, etc. because they've not properly balanced the most difficult difficulty level? I just.. don't even.. no words..

Edit: It's not that I'm ignoring the suggestion to use weaker weapons or armor.. but isn't that sort of a ridiculous notion / idea? Isn't the fun of crafting level 34 Feline gear USING that gear at level 34, and experiencing the power creep? Nerfing myself is the last thing I'd want to do to help them balance their most difficult difficulty.

Last edited:
Because this isn't a case where game is hard but we just want to torture ourselves. It's a case where the devs screwed up difficulty progression. See everyone agrees that DM is what it should be at the start and than gets too easy.

well not so anymore ... but its still not perfect .. they adjusted the witcher gear level requirements , which keeps you from being op too early.... ...
what I dont like about it is that you cant use witcher gear early on ... you can only aquire it starting lvl 20 ... also you will never get mastercrafted gear until you have finished everything (on death march at least).... this is wrong ... it works for balancing ... but mastercrafted is kinda disabled this way...

early game = no witcher gear
mid game = basic witcher gear
late game = enhanced
end game = superior
game already over = mastercrafted

( at least on death march because you get less exp)
its sad ... I had to use a mod to be able to enjoy mastercrafted look on deathmarch...
I guess they did that becaue of new game + mode .....

Last edited:
well not so anymore ... but its still not perfect .. they adjusted the witcher gear level requirements , which keeps you from being op too early.... ...
what I dont like about it is that you cant use witcher gear early on ... you can only aquire it starting lvl 20 ... also you will never get mastercrafted gear until you have finished everything on death march at least.... this is totally wrong ... it works for balancing ... but mastercrafted is kinda disabled this way...

early game = no witcher gear
mid game = basic witcher gear
late game = enhanced
end game = superior
game already over = mastercrafted

( at least on death march because you get less exp)

I was able to hit 34 literally going into the final battle of the game killing Eredin, this was on Death March.. so it worked out beautifully. But I'm a guy who does every side quest and tries to do every question mark excluding some of the repetitive loot in the Skellige waters. So but anyway, I started Game+ at level 34, fresh, with Supercrafted Feline Gear. Thank goodness I crafted it before creating the new game because all my stuff disappeared lol.

I was able to hit 34 literally going into the final battle of the game killing Eredin, this was on Death March.. so it worked out beautifully. But I'm a guy who does every side quest and tries to do every question mark excluding some of the repetitive loot in the Skellige waters. So but anyway, I started Game+ at level 34, fresh, with Supercrafted Feline Gear. Thank goodness I crafted it before creating the new game because all my stuff disappeared lol.

thats way too late imo .. besides mastercrafted is way too powerful ...
would be better if you get mastercrafted at earlier levels , but therfore with less op stats.... I mean just the whole trouble crafting so you can use it in the final battle ? I finished death march easily with enhanced gear .. because that is already too strong ... Witcher gear need adjustment ... dont just increase the level requirements ... thats a bad fix imo...

Last edited:
IBut it doesnt HAVE to get too easy. Keep standard gear. That doesn't change things too much. I mean if you're using enhanced level gear (level 18 req) fighting level 25+ enemies on deathmarch it is going to be a challenge.
It doesn't have to get THAT easy, Because after few levels up the only challenges are monsters with red skull or guards. At the begging a pack of Drowners was a nightmare to deal with, not long later they were cannon fodder.

Last edited:
thats way too late imo .. besides mastercrafted is way too powerful ...
would be better if you get mastercrafted at earlier levels , but therfore with less op stats.... I mean just the whole trouble crafting so you can use it in the final battle ? I finished death march easily with enhanced gear .. because that is already too strong ... Witcher gear need adjustment ... dont just increase the level requirements ... thats a bad fix imo...

Oh I agree with you 100%. The levels of the crafted gear is absolutely wonky. The fact that the wolven gear is suggested for level 14 but can't be accessed until Kaer Morhen... the fact that most people probably don't do every single solitary thing like I do, so hitting 34 by end-game is abnormal. I would assume most around high 20's or just barely hitting 30.

Witcher III is an amazing game. Perhaps the best game I've ever played in my life. However, level balancing and Death March balancing are the two things I'd personally fix. But then again.. guys like us on the forums are probably not the norm ;)

Oh I agree with you 100%. The levels of the crafted gear is absolutely wonky. The fact that the wolven gear is suggested for level 14 but can't be accessed until Kaer Morhen... the fact that most people probably don't do every single solitary thing like I do, so hitting 34 by end-game is abnormal. I would assume most around high 20's or just barely hitting 30.

Witcher III is an amazing game. Perhaps the best game I've ever played in my life. However, level balancing and Death March balancing are the two things I'd personally fix. But then again.. guys like us on the forums are probably not the norm ;)

thanks man ! may our voices be heard !!! :D ... I just want this game to be perfect ... I think its almost there ... the thing that they changed something about the armor ( lvl requirements ) confirms that its not perfect yet ... from playing with these changes , I am here to say it could be improved ... I get that its a huge balancing act regarding the lenght ,size and multiple diffficulty settings of the game .... but from my experience it should be smth like this :

early game ( 10-12) = Witcher Gear - velen
mid game = ( 14-16) = enhanced -novigrad
mid game = 18-20 = superior -novigrad
late game = 22-25 = Mastercrafted - skellige

all armor sets need to be lowered in stats accordingly

ACTUAL BALANCE(level requirements) =
------------------Feline---------------Griffin------------------Bear--------Wolf
Gear Lvl 1 ------ 17 ------------------11 ----------------------20 ----------14 ( griffin for early game only option)
Gear Lvl 2 -------23 ------------------18 ----------------------25 ----------21 ( mid game death march) - imlerith
Gear Lvl 3 -------29------------------ 26 ----------------------29 ----------29 ( end game death march) - fighting eredin
Gear Lvl 4 -------34-------------------34 ----------------------34 ----------34 ( game is already over on dm) - never saw MC

THE WAY IT SHOULD BE :
Let me adjust this : ( lowered dmg and armor stats on all armor sets)
------------------Feline-----Griffin-------Bear-------Wolf-------
Gear Lvl 1 -------11-------11----------16--------------18
Gear Lvl 2 -------14-------16----------18--------------20
Gear Lvl 3 -------20-------20----------22--------------24
Gear Lvl 4 -------25-------24----------25--------------26

THE WAY IT SHOULD BE : ( without changing armor stats) - current stats as of 1.07 Patch
This Table is just here to show for what levels the current witcher gear would be appropriate in terms of difficulty on death march. --> Gear lvl 2 makes you already strong enough ... everything above that is too strong for death march (not that you could use it anyway because --> lvl requirements and balance is wonky ... --> adjustment neccecary to be able to use superior and mastercrafted ( remember we are talkign about death march where you probably wont reach anything above 29-30 ( if you dont go totally crazy and hunt question marks and grind monsters ) .... let use use high lvl armor on death march ... dont just disable it .... adjust balance :D ... we want to look cool on death march too before the game is over :D ( wearing mastercrafted)

------------------Feline--------------Griffin--------------------Bear------..Wolf
Gear Lvl 1-------20-------------------14---------------------25--------------24 - mid game
Gear Lvl 2-------25-------------------22---------------------29--------------28 - end game
Gear Lvl 3-------34-------------------34---------------------34--------------34 - game already over
Gear Lvl 4-------40-------------------40---------------------40--------------40 - game already over

of course you could keep it the way it is and it would be kinda ok ... but the fact that you simply cant use mastercrafted on death march(before the game is over) should be a sign that smth is wrong here ....
ps : if this gets considered to be adressed someday , pls also conisder to remove/lower the healing effect of active quen shield and remove stamina regeneration from griffin school techqniues(messes up armor concept ( heavier armor = less stamina regen) ...

Last edited:
The longer the better :) about 230 hours now since May, and the wild hunt still goes on.
Most impressive game ever!

1.)
There is only one minor problem in Witcher 3, at the beginning of the game there were lots of exciting and creepy CSI-like crime scene solving quests in ghost towns and at the end there are only a few of these. More CSI please, Geralt always wanted to be the new Horatio.

2.)
And there should be some more monsters and monster types for these special creepy quests, for example some unique zombies and reanimated skeletons only appearing in one castle when hunting evil necromancer magicians, or more ghosts types that are not always appearing as the typical already well-known wraith, the Dungeons and Dragons and Shadowrun Monster Manuals have great ideas to offer - for example a Nagha, a monster consisting of the bones of a skull with the spine attached and moving like a snake, or some monsters based on plants and vegetation and trees (as seen in The Witcher 1 or Resident Evil 2), poisones flesh-eating plants, interesting underwater creatures and not always the same drowners, and tons of exotic and fascinating stuff like that.
About 300 pages per monster manual :) have a look, it`s impressive and very inspirating.
The Witcher 3 gameplay would be extremely enhanced with more monsters, comparable to the Monster-Mods for Fallout and Skyrim which added 100 new monster types.
In the swamps should be some swamp zombies, mutated amphibians, frogs, foul creepy flesh golems, stuff like that. Leshens and Woodland Spirits could raise and command skeletons or zombiefied version of bulls or stags - long before meeting the Leshen itself there could be some wildlife zombiefied animals or their skeletons stalking and hunting Geralt in the foggy and rainy woods just for some creepyness, there can be added so much enemys and dangers in the wilderness.
I really would love to see more monster types, with monsters and ghosts not only strictly limited to the Witcher-Lore.

3.)
The guys who carry around these boxes in the cities, have heavily bugged animations at their feet. Please fix that, or if it can`t be fixed please simply remove these guys from the map, because that looks aweful and ridiculous and immersion-breaking seeing them stagger and totter around with their animation bugs.

4.)
Witcher has some loading and quickload bugs with endless loading screens. The game must almost always be minimized and stopped in the task manager and fresh startet, when trying to make a quickload or when dying and loading "Lase Savegame" on the game over screen.
I hope there is a way to fix that, but this might be caused by faulty mods too.

4.)
Please make Witcher 3 more modding-friendly. Not everyone has a master degree in C++, Java or whatever, can command and script lua, pack unpack files uncook and cook game packages and stuff like that... 99% of all modders can only do graphic chances in Photoshop and Gimp, know how to modyfy DDS and Alpha Channels and Bumpmaps and have knowledge about NifScope or 3D Studio Max to make or modify meshes, but just cannot uncook packages and setup Linux with strange programms like Lua and script C++ like commands in Lua or whatever is used for modding this game.....

5.)
In Novigrad in Dandylions Etablissement, when you move around the house there is some kind of wood-saw floating about 1 meter above the ground. And when you enter Novigrad coming from the Gate of the Hierarch (or maybe the Portsite Gate, the graphics error is somewhere right after entering Novigrad after spawning at one of the of the 6 waypoints) there is a black textur error, sized about one square meter, on the floor. Really easy visible. Please fix that, would be great if this strange black ornament on the street would be gone.

Do you know what that means, after playing over 200 hours the greatest game ever on squaremiles of landscape, I could only notice 3 (minor) graphic glitches - now that`s truly impressive!

P.S.
The nights... PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE it should be dark at night... it`s really getting dark at night in true life, but in Witcher 3 sometimes it`s barely noticable which time of day it is, especially in Skellige the nights almost looks like daylight with a little blue-ish tint. Have a look at the movie Chronicles of Riddick - Pitch Black, and become inspired ;)

Am I crazy or not?

This was not about 1.09 patch...

now is 1.10...

This my "WoW Moment"

CDPR gain again

one new patch to patch not more existent...

You're not going crazy. The thread was renamed, in expectation that the patch that will be released is now numbered 1.10.

Has anyone mentioned Codger's Quarry yet? I finally went back and just killed the dude, so it doesn't really matter to me but it was definitely a broken side-quest.

---------- Updated at 12:47 AM ----------

Also, I noticed on here that a lot of people brought up the levels of craftable armor/weapons. It seems that every time, (with two or three exceptions,) that I reach the level to unlock a piece of armor or a sword I already have something more powerful. This has discouraged me from doing much crafting. I still have made a handful of item and swords and I like to make runes/glyphs to enhance them. However, I think this is slightly off-balanced and could be tweaked to encourage more crafting.

So.. did CDPR make the 1.09 patch and it was a total failure and now they just dropped the whole thing and went to make patch 1.10? Why the hell did they skip 1.09?

I want 1.09 lol :bored:

Deatnhmarch difficultly is just fine the way it is. I get so tired of elitist chumps feeling that they want to wreck the experience of every other gamer.

Here is an idea: If you want to make the game more difficult why dont YOU take it upon yourself to make it more difficult?

There are tons of ways to do this:
1. Turn off mutagens
2. Don't craft master level armor or weapons
3. Don't use oils or potions
4. Don't use signs

Any combination of that will add considerable difficulty to the game.

Take it upon yourself and make the game more challenging, but quit asking developers to ruin the experience of others who are happy with the current difficulty.

I know exactly how you feel!
I got so angry because "Just the story" difficulty was just too easy for me. It really ruined the experience for me and I felt such resentment towards all those people who can't master higher difficulty levels. I mean, they have no business even playing the same game as me unless they prefer the same difficulty level as me, right?

But then I made a startling discovery: I came to realize that this game was not made for me personally, but that it was made for EVERYONE! But since everyone is so different in the way they perceive things, how can I expect that my needs only get met and everyone else can go somewhere very warm?
I really battled with this for the longest time...

And then, like a light from heaven, I saw the option in-game to change difficulty settings!

---------- Updated at 08:40 AM ----------

So.. did CDPR make the 1.09 patch and it was a total failure and now they just dropped the whole thing and went to make patch 1.10? Why the hell did they skip 1.09?

I want 1.09 lol :bored:

Why do you want something that will not benefit you at all? It is like being upset about getting $10 when you asked for $9.

I know exactly how you feel!
I got so angry because "Just the story" difficulty was just too easy for me. It really ruined the experience for me and I felt such resentment towards all those people who can't master higher difficulty levels. I mean, they have no business even playing the same game as me unless they prefer the same difficulty level as me, right?

But then I made a startling discovery: I came to realize that this game was not made for me personally, but that it was made for EVERYONE! But since everyone is so different in the way they perceive things, how can I expect that my needs only get met and everyone else can go somewhere very warm?
I really battled with this for the longest time...

And then, like a light from heaven, I saw the option in-game to change difficulty settings!

---------- Updated at 08:40 AM ----------

Why do you want something that will not benefit you at all? It is like being upset about getting $10 when you asked for $9.

Not at all... and it was a joke, but I really do wanna know why they skipped 1.09 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom