What you expect from 1.10?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they skipped it because the patch is growing bigger and bigger with massive changes.
Maybe 1.9 was already finished, but they decided to add/change more things before HoS release.

Blizzard for example did the same here and there . Other Studios too but cant remember them all ^^
It's nothing surprising or new.

Not at all... and it was a joke, but I really do wanna know why they skipped 1.09 -

Sometimes in software development, the version number can be used to reflect the scope of the changes.
For example, 1.0x versions might indicate that the changes are insignificant and 1.x versions will mean bigger changes.

This patch will be in preparation for the new expansion as well as all the other bug fixes so it makes sense to name it 1.10.

This, of course, is not a rule and depends on each dev.

I've got a theory...

Maybe they start to dev the expension integration with 1.08 (links to the core game etc), so the expension integration is a virtual "1.09". Then they have fixes to put in the core game and call this 1.10.

Maybe the expension will come before the patch, too :/

Hello community,

now we are near to the deadline for patch 1.10 (and HOS). But I have another issue. I don't like the high collision-effect/detction of the trees in the ingame-programed-witcher-world/universum. I'm not able to attck enemies through a gap between two trees with my sword. Also I'm not able to squeeze through this gap, if it would be real wide enough for me, even because of the high ingame-programed-collision-effect. Now my question. Will the new incomming patch 1.10 changed this issue? Is it possilbe, that someone from the CDPR-team could be comment to this issue?

Many thanks.

Your

Monzetsu

Maybe they start to dev the expension integration with 1.08 (links to the core game etc), so the expension integration is a virtual "1.09". Then they have fixes to put in the core game and call this 1.10.

Maybe the expension will come before the patch, too :/

If the patch is needed for expansion integration, then it cannot come later, otherwise the expansion would not work on its release day.

Guest 3782876

Oh, Thanks!
So, it will be two patchs in the case? this one and another with the expansion?

The patch changelog come later today :cheers2:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/652057373335535616

Nope
Marcin Momot already said that the patch will come a few days before HoS Release...

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/members/2000031-Marcin-Momot

I wouldn't take the 's' in 'days' as a proof, and maybe HoS will be postponed, too. I don't want them to work on quickfixes and deploying them on PSN/XBox live/Steam/GoG whatever in the week-end aswell :/

I just don't care the delay in fact. Next tuesday is not far from now ("in a few days" :) ), the 1.08 game is really great. Got a few bugs here and there but I don't care.

Actually, the patch could mess with the three little inventory mods I use (expendable tab by default, potions & oils first and maybe another tiny change I can't remember).
I would have liked to be warned before, reading the notes to see if they were changes in the inventory departement, so I could desactivate the mods before :/

I don't know why they don't speak about the changes they are sure that will make in the patch. I would make this list:
- change A
- change B
- change C
(...)
- some other fixes that they're not sure so they don't tell ("some other changes")
- some exploits fixes they don't want us to know so they don't tell. ("exploit fix")

-edit-
The patch changelog come later today :cheers2:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/652057373335535616
woot :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom