What you think should be added?

+
Not to sound like an asshole, but I'm seeing a lot of these types of threads. Isn't this why CDPR made that big "your dream RPG" stickied thread?

http://www.cyberpunk.net/forum/en/threads/44-Cyberpunk-2077-Your-ideas-for-a-dream-RPG

Not to sound like a a-hole ;-) but that title of that thread is a very board concept. My ideas for a dream RPG wouldn't be specifc components that I would like to see in CP2077. I feel that topic should apply to any RPG game, not specifically to CP2077. Though my post on reputation could be under that thread, I don't think my dream RPG would have faction reputation, but an individual one. But I concede some of what is posted here could be under that thread and vice versa.

Not to sound like a a-hole ;-) but that title of that thread is a very board concept. My ideas for a dream RPG wouldn't be specifc components that I would like to see in CP2077. I feel that topic should apply to any RPG game, not specifically to CP2077. Though my post on reputation could be under that thread, I don't think my dream RPG would have faction reputation, but an individual one. But I concede some of what is posted here could be under that thread and vice versa.

Thank you!

In my opinion, CDPR would do a great and fantastic service to the game if they released "Modding Tools".
If we look at games like Skyrim, and the modding community, we can see how that was fixed, improved, given a while wealth of new material; new clothes/armor, new weapons, new quests, new npc companions, new locations, and so very much more, even complete overhauls to breathe substantial new life, playability, and re-playability into the game, not to mention all the Unofficial Community Bug-Fix "mods".
Releasing "Modding Tools", opening the game up to the modding community, could take TONS of pressure off CDPR.

Even with as little modding functionality as the modding community has acess to enact now, there's some wonderful work being done ... but, it's very limited right now.

Granted, Mods and Modding can "break" the game is so very many ways, but, that's entirely understood in the community and one of the hazards of modding. That's not any kind of issue, and as actual official updates, patches, and DLCS are released, the Modding community always adjusts.

Expanding on the modding facilities with the release of a modding toolkit, or other means that help the modding community would greatly improve the game and take a great deal of pressure off of CDPR.

- Walk toggle

- Improved driving on vehicles. Current state of driving is still piss-poor.

- improved minimap and/or navigator when driving a vehicle. In other words: make the minimap bigger when driving a vehicle so I can actually see where the next turn is.

- Stop focusing on controllers.

- Hairdressers (ability to change your hair and makeup post-character creation)

- More character customization options. The ones we got were frankly disappointing after all the advertising. Especially in the bodytype apartment. I could not successfully recreate the character from the demos.

- Improve UI. UI has been a blemish in CDPR's work always, but its appallingly bad in CP2077. Take courses in UI design or something.

- Regarding UI: allow us to set the keybings for ALL the buttons.

- Better and more immersive interactions down on the streets. I am greatly disappointed I cannot order a drink from a bartender and actually drink it with an animation outside few and far between story scenes. I thought this was an RPG.

- Improve NPC civilian AI. Make them do more things than just sit on the street with their hands above their heads. Remove the bug when they do that randomly with no threat in sight. Have some civilians actually defend themselves. Have some civilians run away or hide.

- Make it so that NPCs actually give you room when you honk your car's horn and not just indifferently get ran over giving you wanted status.

- Make it so that NPCs in general have deeper way of interacting with you past "detecting you" and opening fire when they detect you. I would have expected at least SOME minor missions where I could talk/threaten my way into mission areas. There are some bouncers I can talk to, but overall these cases are extremely rare. I would have expected to have dialog with gangers more often.

- Give more dialog that happens face-to-face. I am disappointed that almost all dialog outside the main story segments happens over the phone. The difference is jarring and gives an impression of not having had enough time to do proper scenes. Oh, and give us some control over the phone. Currently we answer automatically (no way to deny answering) and cannot close a phonecall. How very immersive.

- Give ripperdocs some animations. I was extremely disappointed that ripperdocs are currently just bare-bones vendors. That first Viktor Vector scene was massively misleading. I expected to go through that EVERY time I visit a ripperdoc. At the very least give us an animation of climbing on ripperdocs chair and out of it around the vendor menu screen.

- Installing cybernetics has NO negative effects, not even fake ones. This is FAR from the cyberpunk vision of what Keanu said in the ad: "You can be anything if your body can pay the price". Well guess there is no price to pay after all. There is something MASSIVE missing here.

- Cybernetics system as a whole needs revamping to make it more in-line with the cyberpunk vision. Currently cybernetics have stat requirements, which makes no sense whatsoever. Cybernetics is supposed to help you overcome your bodys limits, not to be topping on top of an already baked cake. Also the fact that there are no different bodytypes is very non-immersive when coupled with stats being entirely detached from the character itself.
My female V is too skinny. The stats don't show on the character in any way.
photomode_15012021_185823.png

Last edited:
- Walk toggle

- Improved driving on vehicles. Current state of driving is still piss-poor.

- improved minimap and/or navigator when driving a vehicle. In other words: make the minimap bigger when driving a vehicle so I can actually see where the next turn is.

- More character customization options. The ones we got were frankly disappointing after all the advertising. Especially in the bodytype apartment. I could not successfully recreate the character from the demos.

- Improve UI. UI has been a blemish in CDPR's work always, but its appallingly bad in CP2077. Take courses in UI design or something.

- Regarding UI: allow us to set the keybings for ALL the buttons.

... some of these mentioned are available over at Nexus Mods.
Yes, it's mods, and unofficial, and, it's still quite early yet in the modding community, but, it's a quicker solution than waiting for official things from a company with limited staff, time, and som many other bottlenecks and focuses.

I think the option for friendly fire (maybe a toggle on and off switch) to allow V to kill, incapacitate, wound or (here hold my grenade) lol any and all npc's.

Including lovers, ripperdocs, jackie (my choom 4 ever), even quest givers.

And after said npc is dead, they are on a respawn timer so that you never really lose out on the quest or missions or options, just knowing that in the real world of cyberpunk, you technically do have the option to off any character no matter who / what it is.

Nothing makes things difficult like bullets flying and you accidently hit a civilian npc (thinking of that, do smart weapons really have the capability to not kill an npc if you aim at one while the bad guy is using them as a human shield) if so... wow.

Anyway, yep, friendly fire please ;) lol

Just add various types of pets V can get ... moar cats, dogs, kangaroos, whatever. Every type of V should be happy in Night City. Kill two birds with one stone. Apartment interactivity and petz in one. Because if you have different pet in your apartment, your apartment becomes costumizable and interactive.

I was naive and thought they made that thread to take suggestions from gamers on what kind of game they wanted CP2077 to be. But I think they used that thread to make the opposite of people's dream RPG.
View attachment 11148542

wait a second, if I think really hard (ouch) and put that into perspective. are you saying possibly that they have a thread that if we "ask" for things they will cut it from the game.

but if we say what we "dont" want in a game then it will be in the next patch or dlc?

i wonder though, does it really matter sometimes what we "want" in a game? heck world of warcraft has been around for years and you still cant go on a date with sylvanas :(

Top Bottom