What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the patch notes, and also loving the lack of comprehension in the community at large - and how fast a large majority of the deterrents overanalyze everything to find something to keep them continuously upset.

This behavior cannot be healthy.

Exactly.

I for one am enjoying the game for what it is, even if there are many things in need of a fix (it would be asinine to ignore this). But i can see the good and even the GREAT things CP77 accomplished. No game is perfect and this certainly is no exception, but it tries to push the boundaries in many ways and i really appreciate the devs work.

I have faith that in the long run this will become a game to be remembered (and i mean this in a good way, before someone make sarcastic comments), if only people will stop maniacally overanalyzing every aspect of it and just try and enjoy it.

This doesn't mean people should stop with the constructive criticism, just stop acting like it's the worst game ever because it's not. Yes, the launch was far from perfect and many things were cut during development, and the marketing went a little (well, more than a little) too far with promises, BUT it's still a very enjoyable game. I got 200 hours of enjoyment in two playthroughs from the game (still not done with the second), more than enough compared to the majority of triple A games out there. Anyone saying he completed the game in 20 or 30 hours is either lying or simply have rushed through the main quest, completely ignoring everything else the game has to offer.

Couldn't have said it better. Some people haven't been around when TW1 and TW2 were first released. With TW3 I guess they had improved their engine greatly by that time, to work on that setting and features.
Now Cyberpunk is a completely different beast, a new setting with all sorts of features they just weren't used to. They left their comfort zone for something new, that despite its flaws, is quite magical and deserves to be saved.
Hope everyone will be able to have a good experience with it soon.

You only get ONE chance to make a first impression and that ship sailed in DEC when we discovered just how badly we had been misled....my opinion of CDPR is so far in gutter its closer to the earth core than the surface and stupid PR stunts like the "news" report for the next patch are NOT helping since they are from my perspective making fun of people with legitimate issues

The game is all show and no depth its a dead world with nothing to do besides (broken)very linear missions and repetitive (broken)Gig's and I'm not sure they can revive it....

i have not been able to play the game since the last hotfix because i just clip through the floor no matter what save i use(not had any mods installed cause imo game is too unstable) I'm pretty sure restarting the game would solve the clipping but why should i restart? i did not cause the problem i should not have to waste my time restarting

Its been more than three months since it released and all we have gotten is a bunch of hotfixes that have made things worse it does not inspire confidence that my money was well spent and also sends a message that they just don't care about their customers and has contributed to MY decision to not to buy anything from CDPR in the future since they cant be trusted to release a working as advertised product

Slapstick comedy...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You only get ONE chance to make a first impression and that ship sailed in DEC when we discovered just how badly we had been misled....my opinion of CDPR is so far in gutter its closer to the earth core than the surface and stupid PR stunts like the "news" report for the next patch are NOT helping since they are from my perspective making fun of people with legitimate issues

The game is all show and no depth its a dead world with nothing to do besides (broken)very linear missions and repetitive (broken)Gig's and I'm not sure they can revive it....

i have not been able to play the game since the last hotfix because i just clip through the floor no matter what save i use(not had any mods installed cause imo game is too unstable) I'm pretty sure restarting the game would solve the clipping but why should i restart? i did not cause the problem i should not have to waste my time restarting

Its been more than three months since it released and all we have gotten is a bunch of hotfixes that have made things worse it does not inspire confidence that my money was well spent and also sends a message that they just don't care about their customers and has contributed to MY decision to not to buy anything from CDPR in the future since they cant be trusted to release a working as advertised product
Eh, gamers have short memory. If an unfortunate launch were all it takes to sink a franchise or a company, EA and Bethesda would've been out of business for a while.
Once they have all the patches, DLCs and expansions out, they could make a Cyberpunk 2077: Enhanced Edition. Reviews will be positive, a bunch of popular streamers will play it and say it's good and everyone will follow suit. That's how it is, that's how it's always been.
I assume you're playing on console, hopefully the new patch will fix your issue.

Thanks!!!! we have to understand and have patience, because surely there will not come big changes for improvement yet. This patch will be part of a whole set of improvements that will arrive during this year and that the developers will achieve little by little. With the modifications that are achieved in this patch 1.2 we will be able to have an idea of the rate at which the game will be strengthened and improved. And they have to make it compatible with new adventure expansions to attract new players and earn income. Courage and looking forward to the work you have done. Then the criticism will come, always encouraging us to continue on the road. Don't stop listening to the community despite our toughness at times.

i don't want to be a pesimist but if these 4 "improvments" are the most exciting from the whole patch 1.2 this game and this studio is doomed. :/
I'm thinking the majority of it is going to be performance related, they might have highlighted these things because they are the ones with obvious visual evidence.

I'm thinking the majority of it is going to be performance related, they might have highlighted these things because they are the ones with obvious visual evidence.
It's not a coincidence they titled these highlights "what's new". So these are probably the only additions while the rest are fixes.

Then again, the driving and police mechanics are adjustments so idk..

WOW! A Teaser for a teaser for a patch....are these guys for real?

do our valid real issues with a product we PAID for mean that little to them?

guess my decision to no longer buy CDPR titles is the right one after this insult
Clearly you haven't read many of my comments, I'm one of the more critical voices on here. I'm merely saying "thanks" because they will tell us in advance about what has been fixed in this patch, so we know what to expect. I won't be "happy" with the game until it's fixed to the point of what we thought we were being sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom