What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either a walking button or using the mouse wheel to increase/decrease the movement speed.
I was jumping in to ask for the same thing. Next to the double tap to dodge option being fixed, this was my next major ask. I always hold RMB to zoom in w/o a weapon readied just to be able to walk. Please make this an option, CDPR! Either suggesting @vahouth made will be great!

Happy to see the changes.

Really happy cops won't just spawn right on top of you. That was ridiculous. A bit disappointed we're only getting a band-aid for the cops' AI but as per the OP, it's merely a step towards fixing it which implies more to come.

Hoping to see the full patch notes soon!

Maybe more than a minute before releasing the patch this time?

Pretty please :cry:

This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game. It should decrease the problem of NPCs spawning behind players' backs and create an impression that it takes some time for the police to arrive at the crime scene after the crime has been reported. We've also added a recon "drone" unit to create the feeling of the police assessing the situation.” — Patryk, Lead Gameplay Designer & Łukasz, Technical Design Coordinator, CD PROJEKT RED
I'm curious to see how this new cop behavior translates while indoor. No more NCPD appearing out of nowhere in Finger's clinic after i blow his head off, i hope.

Big whoop..it took how long for barely any changes..how about look at gta and what their police are like..im sure they just take a bit longer to spawn and don't chase you..this is barely an update..for a new game it sure lacks in a lot of things and yeah I'm bitter about waiting for not much..driving sensitivity..the driving wasn't a big problem..get a car stuck wasn't a big problem..what about weather and npcs and AI and most doors locked and weapons that are useless like gorilla arms and nano wire..what about game crashes and terrible graphics?..im done crying now..

These guys are taking the piss.. the drone literally spawned directly behind the player then the cops just waited a few seconds and spawned in front. Why not fix the framefate dips instead of just making the cars drive better at 20fps? What about traffic AI? A slider for sensitivity This update is pathetic! [...]

Not everyone is playing on pc you know. For us console players this is a nice improvement.
Yeah, i was just pointing out that this fix, even if it's good, is just superficial. Modders with just a few tools could do something similar. The wanted system needs to be deeper than just a far police spawning, that's all. I agree that is a nice improvement though.

Night City is a place where there are more crime than cops...

Depending on the place you're in etc ... The responding time should depends (ie: they shouldn't even shows up in pacifica or the badlands...)

In some missions (ie raid on the arasaka facility) you have a pretty scripted animation of an AV dropping backup...

Couldn't they spawn the police in a similar way?
Having them chase you if you drive in front of them etc...

Nope, the cops car are all broken, they are on foot and can teleport faster than any ninja, oopsie, just make them TP a few meters away...

I really look forward a revamp on how they spawn instead of cheap fixes like that.

The game is good overall but things like this just look lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom