What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be candid with you. While that was interesting to read, changes you listed are disappointing at best. Were these really the only changes worth highlighting? Wasn't this supposed to be a huge patch that would solve majority of our problems with the game? I was under that impression at least.

I swear I did my best to be supportive and I really do want to believe there will be a lot more than this in the patch, but after making us wait this long if this is the best you got, I have to admit it is a bit upsetting.

Also, what fixes will you make to the story? I am guessing none. Did you guys even read about how disappointed we were after seeing that cliche ending(s)? Or was it easier on you guys to ignore that? How are we supposed to immerse ourselves by doing wacky side quests and having fun when the main character is actively dying? Who thought that was a good idea? (since you find out about this way early in the game, this doesn't even count as spoilers)
Did you guys really read and understood why we found the romances lackluster, especially when compared to Witcher games? Or did you ignore that also?
Lastly when will you guys actually start restoring content? If I had to guess, I would say never, but I am still trying to have some faith in you.
What you are asking are changes and/or additions to the story, the script, the romances. While it would be great to see it all, it has nothing to do with quality improvements and technical issues that this (and future, i hope) patches are meant to address. You're basically asking for DLCs and substantial additions to the game, but it's too early for those, since the focus is still on the technical aspects of the game and the problems on performance on older consoles.

Gregski, people can read, this is not helping. People keep stating the same thing, because if these highlights are cream of the crop, rest is bound to be disappointing also.

You know me, I for one not trying to be negative, it is just that this topic is worrying.
How do you come to that conclusion? If you are disappointed in the things they highlighted in the reveal? Cool, thats you opinion. No one can touch that.

But if people whine about that being the amount the whole update is revolving around? Then it certainly does make sense to f'ing cap that out there.

But on another note. Im cool with the stuff they handed us. With all the stuff that happened this year its still a cool handout.

Take it easy, take your time? Are you joking? Its been three months since they conned everyone and still nothing has changed. [...]
What do you mean "they conned" everyone? I played the game for more than 500 hours, 3 characters, doing all quests/NPCD and I had ONLY 2 bugged gigs that were OK after repeating them. I experienced some glitches but nothing game-breaking. Certainly don't feel "conned". It is clear that the game needs improvements, but CDPR haven't stopped working on them, have they?

From shown changes the most I look forward to driving changes, others not so much, but maybe I need to experience it myself first. That relatively small change to police spawning may in the end offer much more fun and tactical fight with them.

... to be honest I think there are other more urgent/important things which I like to be changed/fixed (regarding to what was shown), but this will be seen when will be released full patch-notes for 1.2.

i still love you guys, but expected much much more from 2 months of waiting for something new.. like those fixes are like what? 1-2 days of work for 1x experienced moder not whole studio :rolleyes:

I like what I'm seeing so far... just one thing though....

The drone that comes to scout the situation... why does it start shooting immediately? I think it's pretty good change of pace overall but would've loved to see some scanning action like in the trailer of the game with the police cars scanning the area etc.

Like shouldn't it first start scanning around to detect what has happened, and then go into "BEEP BEEP BEEP murder has occurred!", then go looking for suspect? Going around scanning for potential criminals like in the Robocop, that'd be pretty sick change. You could even add innocent civilians freezing and raising arms up until scan has completed and move on.

Of course it's just a work in process but if you're gonna have a scouting drone around, maybe try to make it mimic like it's just there to observe.

Still looking good for the future of the game, I just hope we don't have to wait till DLC to get the police on wheels.

Last edited:
Noo my custom controlls files xD I personally disabled the double function and assigned dodge to shift(sprint) - After playing DOOM eternal this felt right at home - I guess that's over tho.

I like the immersive form of the posts xD

What you are asking are changes and/or additions to the story, the script, the romances. While it would be great to see it all, it has nothing to do with quality improvements and technical issues that this (and future, i hope) patches are meant to address. You're basically asking for DLCs and substantial additions to the game, but it's too early for those, since the focus is still on the technical aspects of the gamr and the problems on performance on older consoles.

I am not expecting huge changes to the story, stuff I am getting at are things they should fix with patches. Also they can restore cut content without turning it into DLC. In fact, if they turned it into DLC, it would just feel cheap. Also, the quality of the story is just as important as the mechanics of it. Especially so considering this was supposed to be an RPG game.

When they say "huge patches", It is only natural to expect more from it. If the best they can offer are things people already fixed with mods, then what was the point of making us wait this long?

How do you come to that conclusion? If you are disappointed in the things they highlighted in the reveal? Cool, thats you opinion. No one can touch that.

But if people whine about that being the amount the whole update is revolving around? Then it certainly does make sense to f'ing cap that out there.

But on another note. Im cool with the stuff they handed us. With all the stuff that happened this year its still a cool handout.

How do you not?

If you are cool with the stuff they have shown, that is just your opinion. While no one can take that from you, it is not shared by everyone.

Yeah it's pretty saddening. After reading the 100th or so take on reddit complaining about the tone or thinking that the blog post is a replacement for patch notes, I'm starting to lose faith in the wider gaming community.

Starting?

Damn, you had a lot of faith in the gaming community.

I started losing faith when gamers started threatening developers in large numbers about... what, a decade ago? Y'know when it started getting a little too widespread.

It's been a downward spiral since then :LOL:

The "Enhanced Police" mod is already better than your's. With this you want to say; modders are better as our payed developers, we know that but we wont change anything.
Furthermore, you tell us that in two months of development you have not achieved more than what you are presenting us now because then they would have presented us more.

Whats about the third-person view what a lot of players want? Or whats about the buggy "screen space reflection" which show heavy noise in every setup below psycho? Whats also need to be fixed are some buggy skills and weapon/clothing mods.

Or would you telling us that a good working police system, a third person view and other immersive gameplay elements you don't care and not your goal?

Think about it and respect the criticism of the others because to find everything great and fine no matter what you do does not get us any further.

The "Enhanced Police" mod is already better than your's. With this you want to say; modders are better as our payed developers, we know that but we wont change anything.
Furthermore, you tell us that in two months of development you have not achieved more than what you are presenting us now because then they would have presented us more.

Whats about the third-person view what a lot of players want? Or whats about the buggy "screen space reflection" which show heavy noise in every setup below psycho? Whats also need to be fixed are some buggy skills and weapon/clothing mods.

Or would you telling us that a good working police system, a third person view and other immersive gameplay elements you don't care and not your goal?

Think about it and respect the criticism of the others because to find everything great and fine no matter what you do does not get us any further.
The studio is working really hard and are gracious enough to listen to fans by giving us a better experience. I'm theorizing here but I believe the police system is going to be a big focus in future updates. They are listening to how players want to experience the cyberpunk genre and will benefit highly for doing so.

"Now, if somebody appears out of nowhere when you’re crossing a red light"

Are you kidding me???

All lights turn green when you approach them!

CPsense!

I am not certain if I have read a patch update (not even release notes) with such devotion before. Even if not all issues have been addressed, or player requests have been added, this was a long but actually funny read :)
Paving the way for the big changes CDPR, cheers and hoping this implementation will be as good as it reads now :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom