What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are listening to how players want to experience the cyberpunk genre and will benefit highly for doing so.
But are they really though? I don't think anyone was requesting police to send scouts in the area.

I guess it makes some sense because people were wanting a less dramatic police entrance to the scene, but if they're going to go that route, then they should do really PROPER scouting drone mechanic, not just spawning attacking drone to the scene.

For a "technical" perspective, it'd be better for them to have some form of reflecting shield/armor that is able to take at least 1 full blast, to make sure they're not gonna get 1 shot by sniper and have enough time to alert the police. Or at least if they do get shot and don't have vision of the player, the police shouldn't immediately suspect the player when they arrive late to the scene... maybe this'll get too complex, but it'd be cool to see something like this happen.

Of course I'm curious what's gonna happen if the drone gets hacked by memory reset? Are the police going to be disbanded then? That'd be pretty cool change.

I really hope what we were shown was not the final, even a temporary fix. Just my opinion.

Still seems like the citizens got a little bit more movements and their way to avoid danger.

I hope they fix the disappearing assets. It was quite hard to judge based on shooting at the first civilian whether the other guy disappeared just in time or was cut out by the old system.

Last edited:
Well the cops spawning in 10+ meters away is better than the 2 meters previously, so that's a step in the right direction I suppose. (y)

This is exactly what I purposed many weeks ago (increasing the spawn distance so they must path to you and will be stopped and /or greatly slowed down by some obstacles). I am sure I was not the only one to say this, but some players told me my idea would not work because they cannot path to the player. I knew that sounded silly. :rolleyes:

This is good news for the mod I want to make to place random street crime and psychos opponents and such around the player for procedural events. As long as the game can eventual clear out script spawned NPC once placed in the game world that is.

So now if you are in a hallway in a building do the cops spawn outside the building on the street or in the building in another room?

Will be fun to find out...

The studio is working really hard and are gracious enough to listen to fans by giving us a better experience. I'm theorizing here but I believe the police system is going to be a big focus in future updates. They are listening to how players want to experience the cyberpunk genre and will benefit highly for doing so.
I'm of the opinion that they should set expectations and hope they do so with the actual release notes. A simple break from the RP with a 'In layman's terms' section under it could have acknowledged that is a first step in over hauling this system and further refinement is planned in future releases.

I'm really glad they are communicating with us but at this point they really should be hyper aware of how announcements are going to be received by the community right now.

Well, seems like the rumor of all the genius devs which worked on W3 leaving the company were true.
Don't know why people are expecting AI overhauls or added features for the near future.
The game engine is broken from the development and it won't get fixed (if ever) for a long time.
People need to set their expectations aside about this game, otherwise it will be a series of disappointments with every "major" patch from now on.

I have read the changes again and they look good to me.
Please show us the full list of changes as soon as you are able to.

I absolutely hate this style of patch notes. This is just vague and confusing and means I have to seek 3rd party consultation to what it all means. I would of been happier if you just explained the changes you are making to the game and how they will differ from the game as it was before. Thankfully these are much needed changes, and improvements.

I absolutely hate this style of patch notes. This is just vague and confusing and means I have to seek 3rd party consultation to what it all means. I would of been happier if you just explained the changes you are making to the game and how they will differ from the game as it was before. Thankfully these are much needed changes, and improvements.
Did you click on the video link?

Along with the dodge fix, can you make it so that if you just dodge it doesn't make the entire region of NPCs go berserk with fear? Dodging without anything else going on shouldn't make people scream for their lives

But are they really though? I don't think anyone was requesting police to send scouts in the area.

I guess it makes some sense because people were wanting a less dramatic police entrance to the scene, but if they're going to go that route, then they should do really PROPER work of this scouting drone mechanic, not just spawning attacking drone to the scene. Of course maybe those are expensive and get blown away a lot.

For a "lore" perspective, it'd be better for them to have some form of reflecting shield that is able to take at least 1 full blast, to make sure they're not gonna get 1 shot by sniper and have enough time to alert the police.

Of course I'm curious what's gonna happen if the drone gets hacked by memory reset? Are the police going to be disbanded then? That'd be pretty cool change.

I really hope what we were shown was not the final, even a temporary fix. Just my opinion.
A good deduction. A shield unit would be very interesting to see. I wanted Netwatch to have a stronger role like this small idea. A gun battle erupts and you contact Delamain to assist you in an escape attempt. You run then leap into the Delamain vehicle from incoming fire. Netwatch see's your attempts at escaping and violently hack into Delamains control system to stop your escape. Depending on how many eddies you've spent on customizing your Delamain vehicles security, you can now escape Netwatch. I really enjoy Delamain's presence and wished we had more time with this character.

Last edited:
Obviously it needs more time, may take years again, it's like an investment to buy this game at the first place. You don't get to taste the real benefit of buying this game at the first time playing. Even I don't know when i will get the real benefit. Things tend to change. Change is natural. Witcher 3 is jaw-dropping more than meets the eye. Cyberpunk is also jaw-dropping but just in the surface. If you ever feel regret buying this game, meh that's fine, it's not just you. Not all the candies in the candy store taste good. Let's just hope the candy store owner is a good listener.

I remember you said you were joking about playing a game for an hour with a list of problems that are impossible to experience in such a short time. So I assumed this is same. And update did not even came out yet, here's only an INSIGHT of few changes that will be included to patch. They said there will be more. Sorry, just found strange how fast you have came to conclusions about this patch.
My problem was they made it seem like this was the whole patch that is coming out and thats what ticked me off..until I seen one of the mods say that there is more than just this..I went off half cocked..my bad..im just tired of not seeing positive stuff on this game and i unfortunately am one of the ones who is not happy with this game and was swept up in the hype..but it was a huge letdown to me..so any news..if not the news I want to hear just disappoints me..I do joke a lot..I have 60hrs in this game but im trying hard to like it..so ill give my real opinion after its out.

Chill the f out, choom, you'll get proper patch notes on patch day. Jesus.

I just hope writing that script didnt take away too many hours of actualy fixing the game. But sure, it was a nice flavour to regular patch notes.
I'm sure it was written by a non hands on dev, most probably a community team member. Maybe with help from a story writer. I doubt the actual devs took time away from getting this patch ready for this month.

And yes that was great, I thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Good to see a bit of R/P coming from the team's.

Last edited:
So, they changed the spawn point from 1 ft to 20 ft? Cop Behavior? What about car chases and running from law? Spawn amount? Can we finally hack police drones?
NPC behavior, any improvements?
Car minimap zoom? Any fixes? Glad the slider exist, so hopefully it will improve driving.
Any Optimization improvements?
All my other questions Arent about this patch, which seems small, but welcome changes. Wish there was more being done in the patch after hearing it was to be a big update. But since its a small one again...

Full Customization so we don't look like murder hobos, but cool as NPCs can.
Customize Cars/ bikes?
NPC day/ night cycle?
NPC Pathing?
Street cred actually doing something for NPC interactions?
All Mods finally working yet? Crit mods, etc.
Cam for photos any improvements?
Finally open all those "locked" doors?
Sit down eat food?
Dating our Romance options? Meredith, I'm looking at you.
Separate Paths for Streetkid, Corpo, Nomad and not just intro?
Apartment upgrades, importance, paying rent, changing apartments?
Wall climbing with Mantis Blades?
For the customisation of cars and bikes there is a mod ;-)

Last edited:
My problem was they made it seem like this was the whole patch that is coming out and thats what ticked me off..until I seen one of the mods say that there is more than just this..I went off half cocked..my bad..im just tired of not seeing positive stuff on this game and i unfortunately am one of the ones who is not happy with this game and was swept up in the hype..but it was a huge letdown to me..so any news..if not the news I want to hear just disappoints me..I do joke a lot..I have 60hrs in this game but im trying hard to like it..so ill give my real opinion after its out.
The Fact that it said "development insight" and not patch notes in the title didn't give you any hint that it was not all of the patch? This is going to be the biggest patch so far. And was meant to be performance related towards consoles but it seems we are getting some much welcomed QoL improvements too, which is great to see

The police AI system still needs A LOT OF rework. I hope this is not the final iteration.

They literally just need to copy what GTA does, but add in a Cyberpunk flair. These are my suggestions.

• A quick quest to pick up and upgrade that allows you to monitor police chatter.
  • Use a line of sight spawning system, so we can't see ther models pop in the middle of a street or somewhere we can see the model pop in, If it's an open space, fade the models in from a distance
  • Having the drone spawn on top of you as shown in the video still makes no sense. These also need to spawn further away and have a LOS system as well.
  • Witness system. If more than 2 people see the crime and you didn't 'kill' the witnesses in a given period of time, then the police is notified. The time allowance can be tied to a game option.
  • Police car chase and an escalation system would be nice in the future as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom