What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
For two months of work, this patch is seriously lightweight. You can't possibly be serious, when you say that you needed almost two months to increase the spawn radius of the police? It would take at max a couple of hours to change the base function and implement this fix. This doesn't fix the AI at all, you still haven't implemented the police chase.

Car rocking ?1?
Are you really serious right now.

Where is the fix for memory leaks?
Fix for mission updates?
Fix for spamming loot and updates in slow ass fashion taking up to 10 minutes before it finishes and if you try and do a mission during this it has high chance of failing?
Fix XP gains because it's too freaking slow and just badly implemented.
Fix skill gains so you can actually max out at least the most used skill through NORMAL gameplay, this is not an mmo?
GFX fixes?
Fixing the whole game engine?

This is just to get people happy about new stuff, where is the fixes for all the broken shit in the game ?
Fix the AI
Fix difficulty
Fix melee survivabilty
Fix stealth
Fix covering system
Fix spawning
Fix xp
Fix skills and abilities ( fix armor ratings and hp )
Armor piercing skill when enemies has no armor ( you talk about not lie, but you lied so much in your game with skills that has no possibility to work because armor is not implemented and fixing something as basic as this after will be very hard because to me it seems like there been too big shortcuts taken to finish the game and release it )
Fix the single player game, I don't give a shit about multi player

If I wanted multiplayer I go play CS, Call of duty or some game that does it much better then this game will ever be able to do
Hell even Last of US MP will most likely be better then this game will ever be able to do.

And GTA multiplayer as so often with multiplayer in games like this is just full of assholes camping and killing worse players over and over and over until they just quit.

TIP TO DEVS FOR TESTING:
START YOUR OWN GAME ON PLATFORMS FOR RELEASE

1. Leave it running without doing anything for at least 12 hours
2. If you come back to a crashed game or a game that will stutter or go in slow motion you have serious memory leak in central game engine or gfx engine.
3. Fix it until it runs for 12 hours, now you can start add other things knowing at least base engine is OK

hope there will be other big updates.
honestly a team of 10 people could make those updates in one week
Honestly? Come now, that's not really true is it? Anyway your hope will be granted, it's pretty specific that there is more to follow :)

Dunno why but reading some of the comments I couldn't help but be reminded of this little insight into just how it is with some folk / gamers. Not the easiest watch maybe but funny all the same.

Honestly? Come now, that's not really true is it? Anyway your hope will be granted, it's pretty specific that there is more to follow :)

Dunno why but reading some of the comments I couldn't help but be reminded of this little insight into just how it is with some folk / gamers. Not the easiest watch maybe but funny all the same.

Yes it is true, if you done software development for a living you would know. These are really easy and fast fixes to implement, it doesn't take three months to do them. Only thing could explain the extremely lengthy development process would be either that the codebase is a complete mess and therefore really hard to refactor, or the development team is really inexperienced.

Last edited:
Well this is probably happening because of 2 main factors: 1 - the engine is spaghetti code; 2- the dev team is young and inexperienced.

1. Remember Dice's frostbite engine, the engine that almost all EA games are currently based on? That engine is broken beyond belief. EA Bucharest and other studios have been trying for years to fix it but they can't without a complete redesign. They are implementing small fixes and workarounds to make the engine appear stable to the consumer. I think it's the same with Red Engine.

2. All the devs that appeared in the NC wire's are so young and they all hold pretty high positions inside the company and lead teams. This is quite alarming. And pushing an inexperienced team to crunch is just plane insane. I don't blame the devs, I blame the management which is clearly incompetent.

I really hope that I am wrong. And please CDPR, do some recursive testing before pushing this update/patch.

again for those who think the announcement is all the patch is about.
It obviously is not all, but if they though that they will show work they are the most proud of (which what they showed is just laughable BTW), then I am seriously concerned. Everything about CDPR is recently "half-assed". They released half-assed game, to which they released a half-assed apology with half-assed roadmap. Now they are releasing half-assed dev update on, what appears to be, another half-assed update.

I have not entered the forum again until this announcement 1.2 in which I am very excited to see the progress.

But I think the situation of the CDPR company is beginning to become clear to me today. I love that they announced Patch 1.2 in this original and fun way, 10/10. But if the changes that are going to bring with the patch are only those small corrections I begin to realize that CDPR has a very small team that will never make the big improvements that Cyberpunk 2077 needs. I think we all applaud that they keep going but with this speed I will die before seeing a masterful game.

And now the big question: How many people are actually working on Cyberpunk 2077 right now? 10 people, 15 people ...... the future of Cyberpunk 2077 becomes impossible.

Thanks for the modifications, they are necessary and take a small step forward to improve the game, but it feels like they are building a skyscraper with only 10 workers ... all very well but we will never see the finished work ...

:D reading must be, really, hard to learn skill :D ... there was numerous time repated and even oficially replied that there is more coming in 1.2 as is shown in news. And yet still there are further and further posts bashing CDPR about making only 4 changes ... sigh ...

2moderators: is not possible pine below post into this thread header or something like this? :) ... please :)

There will be more, these are just a preview of what's coming. Full patchnotes will appear later ;)

:D reading must be, really, hard to learn skill :D ... there was numerous time repated and even oficially replied that there is more coming in 1.2 as is shown in news. And yet still there are further and further posts bashing CDPR about making only 4 changes ... sigh ...

2moderators: is not possible pine below post into this thread header or something like this? :) ... please :)
People are mad and impatient, I personally blame a lot of it on the covid outbreak. Can you see the pattern? scary

The changes listed in this thread are -not- everything that 1.2 will bring, as stated here. There will be more.
I understand that Draconifors and i welcome it but lets be realistic, its understandable that a fan/consumers/someone that bough CP2077 gets a bit skeptic when such subpar fixes/QoL are highlight of the 1.2 patch. Cba getting into heated arguments about this and that but such stuff was produced by modders few weeks after release. Lets wait and see what other "goodies" are in 1.2 Patch notes.

Police system is probably not their priority right now and they're going to keep working more on it for other patches. Or should they just stop working on everything else and focus on adding police cars so you can be mad about other missing or not working things?
But it breaks the immersion, the police system is extremely poor, fake ambiance sirens and no police cars ever drive around! this has been a crappy release!

I fail to see how this is of any real significance or relevance.
Especially since mods are completely irrelevant for console players plus PC players who do not want to use any. Which many people seem to be ignoring.

When modders get this done in 2 weeks without immediate official access to modding tools, but the developer requires 3 months to achieve the same, it really is testament to the bad quality of the developing company.

Why do you make a "Fix" for something that is entirely based on bad player decision to drive offroad while in urban area. As result of driving recklessly and getting stuck on some curb doesnt 't means that that's bug. In matter of fact that's like feature.

When modders get this done in 2 weeks without immediate official access to modding tools, but the developer requires 3 months to achieve the same, it really is testament to the bad quality of the developing company.
its always amazed me how much quicker modders are than a team of Dev's

I fail to see how this is any real significance or relevance.
Especially since mods are also completely irrelevant for console players plus PC players who do not want to use any. Which many people seem to be ignoring.
PC mentality for many of them though isn't it... Only PC matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom