What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they won't fix the painting selling and disassembling beverages exploits just yet. They are only way to deal with retarded crafting systems right now.

its always amazed me how much quicker modders are than a team of Dev's
Well, the modders work fast, publish stuff, and usually, they need to do a lot of bugfixes afterwards based on the feedback of a limited amount of players. Here the changes are bundled in big patches...

What you say is not true, those changes that you announce and that we certainly appreciate do not require 2 months of work, please let's be serious. How many people are working on cyberpunk 2077? And if they are going to make more changes that they say in the news: NEW NEWS ABOUT MORE CHANGES THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PATCH IN THE NEXT DAYS ... and they avoid that the community of players continues in the discontent seeing that the time passes and nothing It practically changes in the game.

CDPR I suppose you know that there is still a great community that loves the game and supports the improvement work, but those changes that are announced in a fun way and that I like are insignificant for the working time that has been and what remains. still to go ...

The impression that it gives us and it is not the fault of the covid or our anger, is that a great job has been done halfway with the game and that now what is done will be little to finish putting the tombstone to the game and pray a " rest in peace "as anthem ....

Does anyone from the company read everything that the Cyberpunk 2077 gaming community has been saying in the forum for months? What does the game need? GENTLEMEN that you can have a game for many years! but at this rate we will never see it !!!!

Talk to the community !!! discuss and answer that it is possible and that it is not possible and tell once where you intend to go with this game. Like this patch does not bring 4 changes but 40 changes, why not communicate it now?

A moderator tells us that he comes more relaxed !!! but wich ones!!! They tell us 4 small changes and leave us wondering what else there will be? there is a week left for the delayed patch !!! GENTLEMEN SAY YOU ARE WORKING ON CYBERPUNK !!! ENCOURAGE THE COMMUNITY WITH GREAT NEWS PRODUCED BY GREAT JOBS !!!!

it really is testament to the bad quality of the developing company
Hardly. You're not taking into account that developers have a LOT to work on, whereas modders can only focus on one small thing if they so choose.

It's very different to be a developer in a company as large as CDPR, than it is to be a modder. I don't need to be either (and I'm not) to be able to know that.

I fail to see how this is of any real significance or relevance.
Especially since mods are completely irrelevant for console players plus PC players who do not want to use any. Which many people seem to be ignoring.
Reverse engineering mate, for the life of me i dont understand why they dont hire an outside consultant at this point, heck hire some modders or plain out buy out some of their mods (Rockstar paid some gamer 10k$ this week for fixing their loading screen issue), theres no shame in that. To quote Irwinski from his investors call "Money isnt an issue when trying to fix CP2077". Implement some stuff that works into a game, no one likes to mod their games for basic stuff and all players should be entitled to same material, pc or console.
To return back to my previous post about car rocking, why they just didnt implement a system that a player has to go outside and flip a car is beyond me, animation is already ingame for arms and for car flipping.
To finish it off in a cynical way with your statement about significance or relevance, the problem is when modders have a better vision of what the game should be and they do it with passion. Constructive criticism mate, hope Devs are reading some of the stuff that community is writting down, not just on this forums but others also.

This is a comment from the official CP77 Twitter Account (i mean an OFFICIAL comment from CDPR):

"Gillean got her hands on just a couple of changes - full patchnotes will be coming later!"

Just a couple, eh? Sounds promising.

What you say is not true, those changes that you announce and that we certainly appreciate do not require 2 months of work, please let's be serious. How many people are working on cyberpunk 2077? And if they are going to make more changes that they say in the news: NEW NEWS ABOUT MORE CHANGES THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PATCH IN THE NEXT DAYS ... and they avoid that the community of players continues in the discontent seeing that the time passes and nothing It practically changes in the game.

CDPR I suppose you know that there is still a great community that loves the game and supports the improvement work, but those changes that are announced in a fun way and that I like are insignificant for the working time that has been and what remains. still to go ...

The impression that it gives us and it is not the fault of the covid or our anger, is that a great job has been done halfway with the game and that now what is done will be little to finish putting the tombstone to the game and pray a " rest in peace "as anthem ....

Does anyone from the company read everything that the Cyberpunk 2077 gaming community has been saying in the forum for months? What does the game need? GENTLEMEN that you can have a game for many years! but at this rate we will never see it !!!!

Talk to the community !!! discuss and answer that it is possible and that it is not possible and tell once where you intend to go with this game. Like this patch does not bring 4 changes but 40 changes, why not communicate it now?

A moderator tells us that he comes more relaxed !!! but wich ones!!! They tell us 4 small changes and leave us wondering what else there will be? there is a week left for the delayed patch !!! GENTLEMEN SAY YOU ARE WORKING ON CYBERPUNK !!! ENCOURAGE THE COMMUNITY WITH GREAT NEWS PRODUCED BY GREAT JOBS !!!!
Oh god... Calm down please, it's just a game. It's frustrating, I agree but just wait a week or two and then you'll see if you have to be upset or not.
They just gives some news of some changes coming in the update.
I've seen two comments from two people at CDPR saying this was only a small part of the updates and the full patch note would be coming soon so, again, patience.

There had better be a shed load more to this patch on release.

What they are showing is just a peek. They have said so, right here in this thread. Full patch notes are still coming.
Reverse engineering mate, for the life of me i dont understand why they dont hire an outside consultant at this point, heck hire some modders or plain out buy out some of their mods (Rockstar paid some gamer 10k$ this week for fixing their loading screen issue), theres no shame in that. To quote Irwinski from his investors call "Money isnt an issue when trying to fix CP2077". Implement some stuff that works into a game, no one likes to mod their games for basic stuff and all players should be entitled to same material, pc or console.
To return back to my previous post about car rocking, why they just didnt implement a system that a player has to go outside and flip a car is beyond me, animation is already ingame for arms and for car flipping.
To finish it off in a cynical way with your statement about significance or relevance, the problem is when modders have a better vision of what the game should be and they do it with passion. Constructive criticism mate, hope Devs are reading some of the stuff that community is writting down, not just on this forums but others also.

Some studios have gone and hired community members that have shown insight into the game.

That probably does not apply to the majority of the modders. Unless someone really stands out, they would be buying the idea, not the mod. They would have no need for the mod author, beyond that. Additionally, while the mod might be hailed as the Second Coming in social media, the mod itself is likely to be "junk", when compared to the rest of the game.

its always amazed me how much quicker modders are than a team of Dev's

That's the nature of a volunteer passion project vs. a big studio production. A modder is focusing on one specific issue or aspect of the game that they want to change/expand upon, and they're free to do things their own way/in their own time. A team of devs is tackling multiple issues according to a set schedule while working within a framework and standard set by the studio, which slows things down by comparison.

TL;DR deadlines, standardization, and red tape slows things down.

Oh god... Calm down please, it's just a game. It's frustrating, I agree but just wait a week or two and then you'll see if you have to be upset or not.
They just gives some news of some changes coming in the update.
I've seen two comments from two people at CDPR saying this was only a small part of the updates and the full patch note would be coming soon so, again, patience.
I would like to clarify on my comments a little angry. Cyberpunk 2077 has been one of the best games I have played in my life (I am 43 years old and have been enjoying games for many decades). I know like all the shortcomings cyberpunk 2077 has and what improvements it needs to make it simply more impressive than it is. That is why I speak from emotion and respect to this great work "half finished" and GREAT IMPROVEMENTS AND GREAT NEWS OF GREAT WORKS ON THE GAME are needed. When the patch comes out I will give my assessment as a customer who has bought this game, I do not want to be more inflammatory, I am sorry but CDPR communicates in the announcement of a patch that there will be more changes to prevent us from drawing conclusions that may be wrong.

No matter if they announce partial changes in an original way, or that they would have released a 100 pages patch document with the whole change story signed by each person in the team (because yes, in engineering a revision requires lots of bureaucratic work also). Their main problem, and no good faith/work can help with that... is that some gamers just wanted a whole diffent game ; so they will always receive flak (doesn´t excuse the state of last-gen release,thats another topic).

What they are showing is just a peek. They have said so, right here in this thread. Full patch notes are still coming.

Some studios have gone and hired community members that have shown insight into the game.

That probably does not apply to the majority of the modders. Unless someone really stands out, they would be buying the idea, not the mod. They would have no need for the mod author, beyond that. Additionally, while the mod might be hailed as the Second Coming in social media, the mod itself is likely to be "junk", when compared to the rest of the game.
Bethesda did that multiple times, they liked the work of some modders to the point that they plain out hired said modders. Eitherway buy the mod out or dont (ie. obtain it throu legal scummy ways) or hire a modder. Not all mods are worthy, heck, 3/4 of them aint but there are some of the mods out there that should be release material (gorrila/arasaka arms mod, glow tattoos for player, various dresses, fixes most notably etc.). I understand there are numerous other things happening in the background such as covid, ransomware hack, poland protests etc. but lets be realistic, CDPR will have to kick it in the higher gear (shouldve kicked it in higher gear weeks ago). Also to add, its ironic how their marketing was parroting "Stlye and substance" yet their new "Whats New in Night City?" post is just that, all style and no substance.

No matter if they announce partial changes in an original way, or that they would have released a 100 pages patch document with the whole change story signed by each person in the team (because yes, in engineering a revision requires lots of bureaucratic work also). Their main problem, and no good faith/work can help with that... is that some gamers just wanted a whole diffent game ; so they will always receive flak (doesn´t excuse the state of last-gen release,thats another topic).
I don't want a completely different game, I want a game that doesn't show me a lot of possibilities but that don't exist: ridiculous AI, closed doors, poor night city life, kill gangs in the streets that reappear again as if nothing had happened ... We want the game to use everything at its fingertips and not make us feel like a half job was done. I just don't want a different game but a complete game. Don't you have that feeling when you have played? When do you interact outside of missions?

Last edited:
Also to add, its ironic how their marketing was parroting "Stlye and substance" yet their new "Whats New in Night City?" post is just that, all style and no substance.

Perhaps, CDPR will take that suggestion to heart and, going forward, just hold updates and patch notes until release. That would be the substance. They can probably add some style to it.

I don't want a completely different game, I want a game that doesn't show me a lot of possibilities but that don't exist: ridiculous AI, closed doors, poor night city life, kill gangs in the streets that reappear again as if nothing had happened ... We want the game to use everything at its fingertips and not make us feel like a half job was done. I just don't want a different game but a complete game. Don't you have that feeling when you have played? When do you interact outside of missions?
I was not expecting a sandbox-gtaesque clone.
AI improvements for enemy in combat and that if you kill a civilian all the npcs in 100 meters radius don't try to kill you was my biggest dissapointment(+ bug/glitches fixing).
I still don't get why police should be present at all in a combat zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom