What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want a completely different game, I want a game that doesn't show me a lot of possibilities but that don't exist: ridiculous AI, closed doors, poor night city life, kill gangs in the streets that reappear again as if nothing had happened ... We want the game to use everything at its fingertips and not make us feel like a half job was done. I just don't want a different game but a complete game. Don't you have that feeling when you have played? When do you interact outside of missions?
i see what you mean. some of this are even small thinks like drinking my drink immediately at the bar, not simply "loot" them in my inventory ... but let's not give up hope

Perhaps, CDPR will take that suggestion to heart and, going forward, just hold updates and patch notes until release. That would be the substance. They can probably add some style to it.
Nothing wrong with what they did mate, i give props to their marketing and art team really hat off with what they are producing even tho marketing part is.. heated debate at this point to say the least. Tho on the flip side, their marketing/community team is a double edged sword at this point, the stuff they are producing and the stuff that gets out which is produced by another CDPR branch just isnt synchronized to put it in layman terms. Its like hooking up with a girl that is wearing a pushup bra, pushup jeggings and after you undress her everything falls down :D

Can't say that I'm impressed, then as a matter of fact, I'm not.
Most of your "fixes" are already available as mods or can be fixed by yourself within one day. I've already tweaked my input XML files myself, to create a dedicated dodge button & walk button, change interaction to E and several other input & qol changes.
Very underwhelming tbh., was expecting more from you guys...

THIS IT NOT A FINAL LIST OF CHANGES THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PATCH

THERE WILL BE MORE AS STATED BY CDPR

1616187188200.png

Perhaps, CDPR will take that suggestion to heart and, going forward, just hold updates and patch notes until release. That would be the substance. They can probably add some style to it.

Sadly, I think that many people are just looking for excuses to vent their frustrations.

As soon as 10 minutes before the update, people on social media were complaining that there wasn't any news about the patch. CDPR then released a blog with full video showcases of the changes for players to critique, as well as comments from the developers regarding their intentions going forward (highlighted in bold, no less).

The response was for people to complain that the in-character supplemental flavor text was insensitive/tone deaf, or that they had to sift through pointless text to find the information. My response is to tell those people to just watch the videos of the changes or skim the article for the bold text. If that's still too much work, then they can just patiently wait for the patch notes that are still coming, anyway.

Either way, the complaints that I've seen about the structure of the blog post itself seem rather shallow/superfluous.

Cool I hope your still working on the ps4 crash issues I love your game and understand it takes time to fix things I just want to be able to not lose 5 minutes every couple hours eventually I can deal with them however because I love the game

Can't say that I'm impressed, then as a matter of fact, I'm not.
Most of your "fixes" are already available as mods or can be fixed by yourself within one day. I've already tweaked my input XML files myself, to create a dedicated dodge button & walk button, change interaction to E and several other input & qol changes.
Very underwhelming tbh., was expecting more from you guys. the worst from CDPR and you will be rewarded

TBH just release the full patch note at the first place instead news girls present (waste of time to photoshop and write story line ) maybe is better.
They think that there is excitement left surrounding the game.. I feel almost sorry for them.

Nothing wrong with what they did mate, i give props to their marketing and art team really hat off with what they are producing even tho marketing part is.. heated debate at this point to say the least. Tho on the flip side, their marketing/community team is a double edged sword at this point, the stuff they are producing and the stuff that gets out which is produced by another CDPR branch just isnt synchronized to put it in layman terms. Its like hooking up with a girl that is wearing a pushup bra, pushup jeggings and after you undress her everything falls down :D

I love what they did and think that the effort was well worth it. I hope they keep it up. I actually want more information, more often, even if it is 75% style presented with a game world flavor. What they did is above and beyond what I was hoping they would do.

TBH just release the full patch note at the first place instead news girls present (waste of time to photoshop and write story line ) maybe is better.
TBH, patch notes are boring. I would suggest that well over half the players will just install the patch and not read more than the first couple lines of the patch notes. Presenting this in a more entertaining manner probably got a few of them to read a little further, and maybe even watch the videos, before they realized it was just patch notes stuff and their eyes glazed over. :)

Last edited:

Welcome to this special report of N54 News, bringing news from Night City to every Night Citizen stranded away from home! Stay with us if you'd like to learn more about some of the upcoming changes. I’m Gillean Jordan, and here’s what’s new in Night City:

NCPD Quick Response Team too quick?

You heard right! The NCPD Quick Response Team is under fire from concerned Night Citizens and corporations alike. The rapid deployment tactics they recently adopted forced mercenaries to think twice before pointing a gun at anyone, but will now be adjusted to give the other side some breathing room.

What was supposed to make Night Citizens feel safe on the streets resulted in a staggering drop of public trust towards NCPD officers.
My choom, Jake, was in a shoot-out with Tyger Claws the other day, when he missed a shot and hit a pedestrian on the other side of the street. In an instant, the NCPD swarmed up on him and put him down. It’s like they appeared out of thin air right behind his back! It’s too brutal of a response for a regular accidental murder if you ask me!” — Mike from Kabuki, 28.

Aside from upsetting the local community, the NCPD's effectiveness resulted in a tremor in the corporate security market.
Personal security in Night City has always been our priority. The recent spike in NCPD efficiency might seem like a step towards safety, but it isn’t. Upsetting the fragile balance in the security sector might soon result in more people cancelling their protection subscriptions and inviting gangs and terrorists to take over the city.” — Andrey Fomin, Militech PR Manager.

Regardless of how you look at the situation, it seems that the change will be a welcome one. We asked our experts to analyze the situation:
This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game. It should decrease the problem of NPCs spawning behind players' backs and create an impression that it takes some time for the police to arrive at the crime scene after the crime has been reported. We've also added a recon "drone" unit to create the feeling of the police assessing the situation.” — Patryk, Lead Gameplay Designer & Łukasz, Technical Design Coordinator, CD PROJEKT RED

Vehicular manslaughter statistics higher than ever

Look left, then right, then left again — and then run for your life. As morgues are filling up with roadkill, it is now statistically safer to stroll through Kabuki Market with shiny new cyberware than to cross some of Night City’s intersections. The City Council approved a bill forcing vehicle manufacturers to update their steering firmware.

Soon, the mandatory update will allow for better synchronization between the CrystalDome system and the vehicle, resulting in a more fluid driving experience even when the image signal skips a frame or two.

In addition, drivers should also expect to be able to better personalize their driving experience by adjusting the sensitivity limits to a level they are comfortable with — providing a much needed breather for insurance companies.

Will this be a good change, or will it subject morgues, street sweepers and auto repair shops to economic hardship? Here’s an opinion from our expert:
"Analyzing feedback on our driving model suggested a lot of players were having issues with the speed of the steering. Most complaints came from players using keyboards on PC or were on platforms with lower frame rates, and centered around how hard it was to keep cars off the sidewalks and such.
We have added a Steering Sensitivity slider to the Options menu. This allows the steering speed for all vehicles and all input devices to be slowed down, without affecting the maximum turn radius.
When experiencing lower frame rates, our cars were harder to control. We traced this to some code that wasn't handling extreme changes in frame rate properly. The steering speed is now very consistent from 20 to 60+ FPS.
Last, we looked at a bunch of tweaks to individual cars and adjusted some of them that were too twitchy in low frame rates, including the player's Archer Hella.
" — Séamus, Senior Vehicle Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Rock&Roll for racers

No, it’s not a new genre of music! The brand new Rock&Roll vehicle subsystem will allow any unfortunate street racer who missed a turn and ended up stuck on a pile of garbage to quickly get back on track. The system will allow drivers to rotate or rock their vehicles back and forth in order to regain traction.

Gone are the days of abandoning a vehicle in the middle of the city just because things got out of control. Accidents happen and being in a rush isn’t a crime! Now, if somebody appears out of nowhere when you’re crossing a red light, you will still be able to make it to your meeting on time and let your insurance take care of the mess.

Still not sure whether you need the subsystem installed in your vehicle? Let our expert convince you:
"There are cases where our vehicles can get beached or high centered on stuff in Night City. We have now added an Unstuck feature that kicks in when you are accelerating and not moving. While holding down the accelerator, you can now rock the vehicle forward or back, or rotate it left/right." — Séamus, Senior Vehicle Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Update your neuroprocessor drivers or die

This is not a joke! It’s raining men in Night City and not for the reasons you’d expect. Just over the last month authorities recorded nearly 4000 fatal accidents caused by a neuroprocessor glitch causing users to dodge without intending to. The manufacturer has prepared an update to address the issue.

According to our survey over 30% of all Night Citizens experienced an irresistible urge to burst forward for no reason and the majority of affected people admitted that it put them in danger of falling from a high place. Manufacturer claims that the glitch is caused by a lack of perfect synchronisation between the user's brain patterns and the neuroprocessor.

The update will allow users to better personalize their chips and match software responses with their neural patterns. Aside from resolving the issue with sudden dodging, it will also mean that people will find it easier to move and use the chip, regardless of their handedness, abilities or personal preferences.

What do these improvements mean in layman’s terms? Our expert provided an explanation:
Dodge on double-tapping a movement key can be turned off in the Controls settings. The Dodge action can still be performed by double-tapping the Crouch(toggle) action key (default C).
It should now be more feasible to move WASD bindings around the keyboard. There still remain a few bindings that need to be addressed, but these should be fixed in upcoming patches.
” — Wojtek, Tools Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Thank you for tuning in to "What's New in Night City". We'll see you next time.
Why was the Patch 1.2 thread closed simply based on the news update we just got? It makes no sense. It doesn't indicate a release date and all the vids included in the update are related to PC. I got through 1 playthrough and started another after patch 1.12 was released and I play on Xbox One X. I only got through the first playthrough because I forced myself to, what with all the audio/graphic glitches, the system shutdowns or the dropouts to the Xbox dashboard, and the complete lack of AI awareness. All of this resulted in a frustrating playthrough and the issues ruined any immersion I might have had.

Are we moving discussion on patch 1.2 here or what?

THIS IT NOT A FINAL LIST OF CHANGES THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PATCH

THERE WILL BE MORE AS STATED BY CDPR

1616187188200.png
I read the official publication of the patch 1.2 of Vattier and nothing says there that there are more modifications. Sorry, but after reading the post about patch 1.2 I wrote my opinion not knowing that Vattier subsequently made a statement that there would be a lot more in patch 1.2. I understand that Vattier neglected something essential for who is going to receive the information. Then we will wait for the publication with the full content of the patch. And please, if you are going to give incomplete information about a patch, SAY IT IN THE SAME NEWS PUBLISHED SO NOT TO GENERATE BAD COMMUNICATION !!!!!

I read the official publication of the patch 1.2 of Vattier and nothing says there that there are more modifications. Sorry, but after reading the post about patch 1.2 I wrote my opinion not knowing that Vattier subsequently made a statement that there would be a lot more in patch 1.2. I understand that Vattier neglected something essential for who is going to receive the information. Then we will wait for the publication with the full content of the patch. And please, if you are going to give incomplete information about a patch, SAY IT IN THE SAME NEWS IN WHICH YOU PUBLISH IT TO NOT GENERATE BAD COMMUNICATION !!!!

It is in the second sentence, and I thought it was clear that what I was about to read was not a complete list of changes. I can see how someone might have skipped over it or misunderstood, and apparently, a lot of people did. All of the media response that I saw did pick up on that, though.

Last edited:
Surely you don't think that the people who wrote this blog post are the coders that are working on the patch, itself?

I not care working or not but all of them are CDPR just use them time to do a many animate pic news girls to add on the TV in the game that looks better idea more than use to announce the patch and throw it away.
They think that there is excitement left surrounding the game.. I feel almost sorry for them.
Yes they want us Excitement like they fixed whole game but the 4 highlight fixed they show are little fixed not Excitement for someone including me.

It is in the second sentence, and I thought it was clear that what I was about to read was not a complete list of changes. I can see how someone might have skipped over it or misunderstood, and apparently, a lot of people did. All of the social media response that I saw did pick up on that, though.
Sorry if my answers are misplaced. I read Vattier's post here only, I didn't look at social networks and on his YouTube channel I don't see any news.

Guest 3847602

Sarcasm is noted, but fix for police is still questionable. From what I can see, the only difference is that they will spawn a bit further away, but they still can't chase you and there is still no way to do a crime unnoticed by NCPD
It's almost like massacring civilians, stealing cars and getting chased by cops is not envisioned as core feature of this game. Really strange considering that CP2077 have one quest where your goal is to escape from police. Who knew?

NOPE! please keep it that way, it's original and it fits perfectly. I still like the love for details and this is max. 1 hour photoshop, 2 hours textwork. so 3 hours for a nice and uplifting sign of life - that's worth it

and I guess bashing these guys (devs, product artists etc.) for their well-meant effort with this little news nugget won't give us a better game!!!!

EDIT: okay, maybe 3-4 hours for the text :) - still worth it

Last edited:
Sadly, I think that many people are just looking for excuses to vent their frustrations.

As soon as 10 minutes before the update, people on social media were complaining that there wasn't any news about the patch. CDPR then released a blog with full video showcases of the changes for players to critique, as well as comments from the developers regarding their intentions going forward (highlighted in bold, no less).

The response was for people to complain that the in-character supplemental flavor text was insensitive/tone deaf, or that they had to sift through pointless text to find the information. My response is to tell those people to just watch the videos of the changes or skim the article for the bold text. If that's still too much work, then they can just patiently wait for the patch notes that are still coming, anyway.

Either way, the complaints that I've seen about the structure of the blog post itself seem rather shallow/superfluous.
CDPR's response was based on PC changes, no mention of console, or more importantly, when patch 1.2 would be released. A wasted opportunity and I can see why it was met with frustration and more questions.

I not care working or not but all of them are CDPR just use them time to do a many animate pic news girls to add on the TV in the game that looks better idea more than use to announce the patch and throw it away.

Yes they want us Excitement like they fixed whole game but the 4 highlight fixed they show are little fixed not Excitement for someone including me.
Including me too. They will have to earn my excitement.. hmm.. although they probably don't care about me and my thoughts :( And why would they? Dude, the kind of serious dough they made with this product I wouldn't be surprised if they are chugging down Mojitos in Bahamas AS WE SPEAK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom