What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry, but this whole police system you have is just lackluster.
There are no bounties and bountyhunters who hunt you down or anything like that.
Also i expected a little bit more. Not just Cops spawning, but Cars, armored flying vehicles with special units that come when you have a very high warrant and things like that.
Like this doesnt feel anything like it should.

You can still see that this whole police system is something you pasted in the game in the last 5 minutes before release. Theres no depth to it.
Post automatically merged:

4) The majority of people bought the game for old-gen consoles, NOT for high-end pcs, so it's perfectly normal they're concentrating on fixing performance first.
cyberpunk-2077-platform-sales.jpg

ok

Man that police video was extremely disappointing. You actually showed that like it was an improvement? All you did was make just a drone spawn by itself and then the cops that normally spawn with it spawn further away after like 5 seconds.

Its like you don't even listen to what people dislike about your cop system. The rate of escalation is not the primary issue, its the idiotic teleporting.

What happens if Im in a vehicle, are they going to jump in a car and chase me? No, because if they could you would have shown that. So really all you did is alter the spawn sequence and increase the distance a little.

I give it a 95% chance that when this patch actually drops, this change will do nothing to relieve the actual issues that people hate about the cop system

TBH just release the full patch note at the first place instead news girls present (waste of time to photoshop and write story line ) maybe is better.

I find the idea with the video's pretty refreshing and as most of us are not busy playing the game, it's not really an issue and the marketing team is not fixing any bug's anyway, so they're effectively not wasting any time at all.

Beside that, we will still get it in Textform anyway.

I wonder if some kind of polls, where the Devs could make us vote on changes the community would like to see implemented, would help to clear-up our expectations and would give the Devs the opportunity to respond to it and explain, why certain things will not be fixed or implemented and when they plan to do the work on a certain subject / functions, they're willing to fix, change or implement.

Thanks for the update guys , i really love the game :cool:. I'm hoping we also got damages balanced and Stats panel works correctly in this patch :cry:

Welcome to this special report of N54 News, bringing news from Night City to every Night Citizen stranded away from home! Stay with us if you'd like to learn more about some of the upcoming changes. I’m Gillean Jordan, and here’s what’s new in Night City:

NCPD Quick Response Team too quick?

You heard right! The NCPD Quick Response Team is under fire from concerned Night Citizens and corporations alike. The rapid deployment tactics they recently adopted forced mercenaries to think twice before pointing a gun at anyone, but will now be adjusted to give the other side some breathing room.

What was supposed to make Night Citizens feel safe on the streets resulted in a staggering drop of public trust towards NCPD officers.
My choom, Jake, was in a shoot-out with Tyger Claws the other day, when he missed a shot and hit a pedestrian on the other side of the street. In an instant, the NCPD swarmed up on him and put him down. It’s like they appeared out of thin air right behind his back! It’s too brutal of a response for a regular accidental murder if you ask me!” — Mike from Kabuki, 28.

Aside from upsetting the local community, the NCPD's effectiveness resulted in a tremor in the corporate security market.
Personal security in Night City has always been our priority. The recent spike in NCPD efficiency might seem like a step towards safety, but it isn’t. Upsetting the fragile balance in the security sector might soon result in more people cancelling their protection subscriptions and inviting gangs and terrorists to take over the city.” — Andrey Fomin, Militech PR Manager.

Regardless of how you look at the situation, it seems that the change will be a welcome one. We asked our experts to analyze the situation:
This is an important step in addressing the behavior of the police in our game. It should decrease the problem of NPCs spawning behind players' backs and create an impression that it takes some time for the police to arrive at the crime scene after the crime has been reported. We've also added a recon "drone" unit to create the feeling of the police assessing the situation.” — Patryk, Lead Gameplay Designer & Łukasz, Technical Design Coordinator, CD PROJEKT RED

Vehicular manslaughter statistics higher than ever

Look left, then right, then left again — and then run for your life. As morgues are filling up with roadkill, it is now statistically safer to stroll through Kabuki Market with shiny new cyberware than to cross some of Night City’s intersections. The City Council approved a bill forcing vehicle manufacturers to update their steering firmware.

Soon, the mandatory update will allow for better synchronization between the CrystalDome system and the vehicle, resulting in a more fluid driving experience even when the image signal skips a frame or two.

In addition, drivers should also expect to be able to better personalize their driving experience by adjusting the sensitivity limits to a level they are comfortable with — providing a much needed breather for insurance companies.

Will this be a good change, or will it subject morgues, street sweepers and auto repair shops to economic hardship? Here’s an opinion from our expert:
"Analyzing feedback on our driving model suggested a lot of players were having issues with the speed of the steering. Most complaints came from players using keyboards on PC or were on platforms with lower frame rates, and centered around how hard it was to keep cars off the sidewalks and such.
We have added a Steering Sensitivity slider to the Options menu. This allows the steering speed for all vehicles and all input devices to be slowed down, without affecting the maximum turn radius.
When experiencing lower frame rates, our cars were harder to control. We traced this to some code that wasn't handling extreme changes in frame rate properly. The steering speed is now very consistent from 20 to 60+ FPS.
Last, we looked at a bunch of tweaks to individual cars and adjusted some of them that were too twitchy in low frame rates, including the player's Archer Hella.
" — Séamus, Senior Vehicle Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Rock&Roll for racers

No, it’s not a new genre of music! The brand new Rock&Roll vehicle subsystem will allow any unfortunate street racer who missed a turn and ended up stuck on a pile of garbage to quickly get back on track. The system will allow drivers to rotate or rock their vehicles back and forth in order to regain traction.

Gone are the days of abandoning a vehicle in the middle of the city just because things got out of control. Accidents happen and being in a rush isn’t a crime! Now, if somebody appears out of nowhere when you’re crossing a red light, you will still be able to make it to your meeting on time and let your insurance take care of the mess.

Still not sure whether you need the subsystem installed in your vehicle? Let our expert convince you:
"There are cases where our vehicles can get beached or high centered on stuff in Night City. We have now added an Unstuck feature that kicks in when you are accelerating and not moving. While holding down the accelerator, you can now rock the vehicle forward or back, or rotate it left/right." — Séamus, Senior Vehicle Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Update your neuroprocessor drivers or die

This is not a joke! It’s raining men in Night City and not for the reasons you’d expect. Just over the last month authorities recorded nearly 4000 fatal accidents caused by a neuroprocessor glitch causing users to dodge without intending to. The manufacturer has prepared an update to address the issue.

According to our survey over 30% of all Night Citizens experienced an irresistible urge to burst forward for no reason and the majority of affected people admitted that it put them in danger of falling from a high place. Manufacturer claims that the glitch is caused by a lack of perfect synchronisation between the user's brain patterns and the neuroprocessor.

The update will allow users to better personalize their chips and match software responses with their neural patterns. Aside from resolving the issue with sudden dodging, it will also mean that people will find it easier to move and use the chip, regardless of their handedness, abilities or personal preferences.

What do these improvements mean in layman’s terms? Our expert provided an explanation:
Dodge on double-tapping a movement key can be turned off in the Controls settings. The Dodge action can still be performed by double-tapping the Crouch(toggle) action key (default C).
It should now be more feasible to move WASD bindings around the keyboard. There still remain a few bindings that need to be addressed, but these should be fixed in upcoming patches.
” — Wojtek, Tools Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

Thank you for tuning in to "What's New in Night City". We'll see you next time.

----------------------------------------------

Gillean got her hands on just a couple of changes - full patchnotes will be coming later!

Dont do stuff like this, because of state of game, stuff like this feels actually insulting. Keep in mind that when you do stuff like this, it will come back to bite you in the ass later when you fail to deliver on people expectations and there is a LOT of expecations from you guys making the game you promised, people dont want you just to fix game bugs, People want to you guys to add content you promised(like make whole part between intro and main game playable, having chance to experiance growth of friendship with Jackie, meeting all those people and so on, cinematic just isnt enough.

You promised "next generation of open-world adventure" so you at very LEAST need to bring up game to GTA V level, I mean stuff like NPC AI(being able to drive around obstacle on street, responding properly to having gun pointed at their head) police chassing you in cars and so on. And that even wouldnt actually be enough to be called "next generation of open-world adventure", that should be very basic thing that should be expected from game this type. to be truely "next generation of open-world adventure" you would actually have to bring this game to level of RDR 2, where you can for example can realistically browse things in Stores, you would need to reach this level and more to be "next generation of open-world adventure"

You made it seem in early trailers that would be able to see how cybernetics are installed in player character but thats was not true at all. Also for game about cyberpunk there is very little types of cybernetics in game, and no different rarites of same cybernetic doesnt count, thats just lazy. Whats more majority of cybernetics are just different stat increases, cybernetics should give new options like in deus ex games.

you mentioned vehicle customization in vehicle trailer, well at least of sports cars but that was a lie.

visible installation of cybernetics and vehicle customization would be some of steps you would need to take to make the game "next generation of open-world adventure" you promised.

and many MANY more

To put it simply for you guys to salvage your reputation and rebuild people trust in you, you will have to do what hello games did with no man sky: continously update game for YEARS for free , to add all the promised feature... and MORE. Thats the only way you can restore people faith in you guys.

To put it simply for you guys to salvage your reputation and rebuild people trust in you, you will have to do what hello games did with no man sky: continously update game for YEARS for free , to add all the promised feature... and MORE. Thats the only way you can restore people faith in you guys.
Not gonna happen.

I know absolutely nothing of coding. But explain me this. If those fixes are so complicated and require so much work force, how come they were already done by modders, single persons or small groups of friends, in their free time?

Modders concentrate on a single function etc and therefore they have only to worry and battle the implications of their code, to the rest of the game or at least a subsection of it.

CDPR Devs will tackle multiple issues at once, which are not getting implemented by a single coder or only a small group of devs, because otherwise it would take even longer.

But that creates the issue, that everyone's code has to be implemented and it's implications are most likely more complicated, because the rest of the code, is being changed / recoded at several different parts at the same time and all the time.

Some Devs might be lucky, that they still have to battle only the implications of their code changes in a small subsection of the main code, which might be also not impacted by the code changes of the other Devs.

All these things take extra time and are more complex in nature.

Beside that, doing all this stuff from home and with minimal contact to your workmates, doesn't make the situation any easier.

I really hope this not a comprehensive list of changes. Car sprites looking like shit and then disappearing is the most immersion breaking thing I have ever seen in a game, and mantis blades are still unusable because of the execution animation constantly playing and leaving you completely vulnerable (as well as cancelling sandevistan). Two of my biggest complaints right now.

This update looks pathetic, honestly. 4 months of work for police distance spawn rates and key bindings, talk about lame. If these are your highlights I doubt the rest of the patch notes will impress.

Dont do stuff like this, because of state of game, stuff like this feels actually insulting. Keep in mind that when you do stuff like this, it will come back to bite you in the ass later when you fail to deliver on people expectations and there is a LOT of expecations from you guys making the game you promised, people dont want you just to fix game bugs, People want to you guys to add content you promised(like make whole part between intro and main game playable, having chance to experiance growth of friendship with Jackie, meeting all those people and so on, cinematic just isnt enough.

You promised "next generation of open-world adventure" so you at very LEAST need to bring up game to GTA V level, I mean stuff like NPC AI(being able to drive around obstacle on street, responding properly to having gun pointed at their head) police chassing you in cars and so on. And that even wouldnt actually be enough to be called "next generation of open-world adventure", that should be very basic thing that should be expected from game this type. to be truely "next generation of open-world adventure" you would actually have to bring this game to level of RDR 2, where you can for example can realistically browse things in Stores, you would need to reach this level and more to be "next generation of open-world adventure"

You made it seem in early trailers that would be able to see how cybernetics are installed in player character but thats was not true at all. Also for game about cyberpunk there is very little types of cybernetics in game, and no different rarites of same cybernetic doesnt count, thats just lazy. Whats more majority of cybernetics are just different stat increases, cybernetics should give new options like in deus ex games.

you mentioned vehicle customization in vehicle trailer, well at least of sports cars but that was a lie.

visible installation of cybernetics and vehicle customization would be some of steps you would need to take to make the game "next generation of open-world adventure" you promised.

and many MANY more

"Next-generation open-world adventure" is now catching up to an 8-year-old game like GTA V. Dear god, CDPR really needs to do better than this.

He's clearly the smart one here. Imagine keeping up with this dumpster fire of a game.

Last edited:
I love this game, i really do. The world is big yet packed with content, the characters are amazing and its a game that i will geniunly cherish. However i have been putting off a second playthrought because i expected some proper updates that would have not only fixed the games issues but added minor content here and there. This just seems VERY underwhelming and like basic stuff that shouldnt not even be worth hyping over. Please i beg of you keep updating this game, but also have the decency to do it right.

Thanks you for all your hardwork, i appreciate it and for whats its worth even now i absolutely love the game despite its issues and shortcomings. Keeping putting your love into this.

ya1

Forum regular
Modders concentrate on a single function etc and therefore they have only to worry and battle the implications of their code, to the rest of the game or at least a subsection of it.

CDPR Devs will tackle multiple issues at once, which are not getting implemented by a single coder or only a small group of devs, because otherwise it would take even longer.

But that creates the issue, that everyone's code has to be implemented and it's implications are most likely more complicated, because the rest of the code, is being changed / recoded at several different parts at the same time and all the time.

Some Devs might be lucky, that they still have to battle only the implications of their code changes in a small subsection of the main code, which might be also not impacted by the code changes of the other Devs.

All these things take extra time and are more complex in nature.

Beside that, doing all this stuff from home and with minimal contact to your workmates, doesn't make the situation any easier.

Thanks for the answer but I can't say I entirely understand. The mods in question mostly do not cause any issues with the rest of the game. On the contrary, you can run multiple mods, each from a different unrelated person, and often suffer no stability issues whatsoever (beyond what vanilla already has).

Moreover, some modders like yamashi (from Cyber Engine Tweaks) were faster than the 500-men strong CDPR in fixing that one security issue back then (to which CDPR replied in an accusatory tone trying to shift the blame for their own incompetence in managing the project to the modding community... blargh... but the scandalous PR from CDPR is another topic).

It seems to me this is more of the same story. All those mini features presented here have already been done by private people in their private time and have been used (or at least downloaded) by hundreds of thousands of people without issues.

Just a few comments, observations from posts in this thread;

1. For a "dead" game, a preview thread for its upcoming patch with over 100K views, ~20K current steam players and hundreds of tags an hour in twitter I find not in line with that assessment. "Dead" to you, sure. As a whole? Far from it.

2. Again, nothing was "promised" to you. A demo a year+ out isn't a promise it's a wish list, whiteboard vision of the final game which may and usually does change. Hence the 'subject to change' watermark on everything.

3. I like the preview of the changes they listed. The locals AI is VERY much needed. I am hoping AI driving is part of that as well. Honestly just addressing the locals/police AI would be a massive improvement.

4. Due to the rocky launch then hack on top of that I won't be surprised if the free DLC, paid expansions and info on the MP version of the game gets pushed to early Q2.

5. As been well documented they shot themselves in the foot a couple different ways leading up to release. So at this point can't change that water under the bridge, what matters to me at this point is how they address it going forward. Patch 1.2 has to be of substance, it will be very telling when it drops.

Moreover, some modders like yamashi (from Cyber Engine Tweaks) were faster than the 500-men strong CDPR in fixing that one security issue back then

What the modder did was apply a band-aid. What CDPR did was fix the issue. They not only implemented something similar to what the modder did, but also addressed the vulnerability in the third party library, ran the changes through QA, delivered to and then coordinated with the distribution channels, and released it to a very large number of people.

That is basically a recurring theme with the modders. They can do things, but they don't have to do most of the work that CDPR has to do. They also have different constraints, like other parties that don't want CDPR dropping new updates every few hours, QA people telling they broke the game, etc.

They should decrease the multiplier of cost when you upgrade weapons, the cost spirals out of control too quickly.
Alternatively just have a fixed table of what it cost to upgrade weapons so a lv 7 weapon always cost the same to upgrade to lv 8.

One of the main problems i have in the game is finding stuff i like in the form of weapons and outfits that's also good enough to use.
So i end up running with weapons i don't like that much and definitely clothes that i don't like, i see cool clothes all the time but i never seem to find any on all the NPC's that i kill that are any good.

I don't know how hard it is but it would be great if Cyberpunk had support for steering wheels and pedals or just joysticks.
Currently you need a specific game controler to not use the keyboard on PC.
I don't have that but i have a flight sim setup where i use the "Logitec G Saitek Farming Simulator Side Panel" for radars and stuff when i play DCS.
In Cyberpunk this would be perfect in car mode as it has a joystick and lot's of buttons but i can't use it.

I don't play racing sim's but a steering wheel isn't really in the way when you play Cyberpunk and it would be a real quality of life thing if there was support for it.

Last edited:
Not gonna happen.

I am not saying whatever it will happen or not, I am just saying it HAS to happen if they want to salvage their reputationand that until that happens trying to show news about coming patch in funny way doesnt actually help their reputation and actually makes it even more insulting, like someone is spitting in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom