What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon we'll find out what's going on in CDPR and what's their next bet - MP or fixing CP2077.

There's an online conference with CEOs about updated corpo strategy next week:

My guess is we'll hear about:
- MP version of Cyberpunk
- DLCs for CP2077
- next-gen version of CP2077
- next-gen version of W3
- (probably) the next AAA title (undisclosed)

New roadmap incoming... ;)

Last edited:
Soon we'll find out what's going on in CDPR and what's their next bet - MP or fixing CP2077.

Thanks for sharing that, I certainly will want to hear how their plans have changed with all of this.

Guest 3847602

There really is no fourth wall in this game. All if the smoke & mirrors tricks used in games that are supposed to maintain that illusion are so ham-fisted in this game that there is no separation of the player from the fact this is a stage piece. Cars that can't go around any obstacle, cars and NPCs that disappear or completely change if you turn around for five seconds, shadows that don't match of with the player's body...there is really no fourth wall here.
Alrighty then, better start a new thread in "Suggestions" subforum and ask for CDPR to remove the option of interacting with locked doors or, alternatively, for the following message to pop up: "Area behind this door in unavailable for now, please go away, do some more quests and come back later". Better yet, let's remove AI vehicles entirely since their AI is too inept.

- DLCs for CP2077
- next-gen version of W3

Oh, interesting. Next title you say...
Please be Cyberpunk 2078, please be Cyberpunk 2078 :oops:

- DLCs for CP2077
- next-gen version of W3

Or maybe they'll make some heads roll... anyway, I'm satisfied with the game and even more satisfied by the fact that they're working on it. Keep it up!

Alrighty then, better start a new thread in "Suggestions" subforum and ask for CDPR to remove the option of interacting with locked doors or, alternatively, for the following message to pop up: "Area behind this door in unavailable for now, please go away, do some more quests and come back later". Better yet, let's remove AI vehicles entirely since their AI is too inept.
Don't need to remove anything, just need to fix the shit that is broken AF.

File update on Steam a few hours ago

On Friday we have patch 1.2

Post automatically merged:

just a reminder
25:40 - 26:07
This game has so many good things and it makes you excited as much as all the things that make you feel frustrated and sad.

CDPR must return to honest work and humility ... they have shown the most toxic and greedy face in the world of video games. Looking for money by creating expectations that make us excited and then collide with a half-truth.

They won't laugh at us again, it's time to look your customers in the eye and work hard.

CYBERPUNK 2.0 for PC and new consoles and Cyberpunk 2077 for old consoles.

They already apologized, now we want to commit to quality and develop this wonderful window that they have opened for us half-done. I want much more and you can do it.

Last edited:
No way the huge 1.2 update that would be the first big step towards this game turning around is just: increasing police spawn from 5-15 meters out of nowhere, auto rolling, and car steering. This is just another hotfix patch fixing stupid issues that should have never existed. I at least appreciate the attempt at comedy to cover up what a trivial patch this is

No way the huge 1.2 update that would be the first big step towards this game turning around is just: increasing police spawn from 5-15 meters out of nowhere, auto rolling, and car steering. This is just another hotfix patch fixing stupid issues that should have never existed. I at least appreciate the attempt at comedy to cover up what a trivial patch this is
Why do you assume that patch 1.2 will only add those things from patch teaser?

When they introduced plans for 1.1 and 1.2 patch releases, they emphasised "huge patch" as something that will mainly improve old gen console experience, not PC. That means bringing it back to ps store and making the game playable without current annoying issues that are more common for old gen players. We all know how it looks on old gen's. As for future updates, focused on both, consoles and PC, maybe CDPR will address that on march 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom