What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as from my timecode it would be less than a week now until when it would drop. So lets see what CDPR are able to make work and from when.
I've been holding off (partially due to insufficient time) to continue my main Nomad character, and with an imminent 1.2 I like to wait until we get that and see whats what.

Maybe Finally I can shoot my way out a Police scuffle for once. Sometimes these a-holes have it coming to get a cannonshell in the face.

Newest update on steamdb
1616673020948.png

I believe that after update 1.2 the upcoming update 1.3 will bring back a large amount of Cut content!!!
How do you figure that?
I believe that after update 1.2 the upcoming update 1.3 will bring back a large amount of Cut content!!!
Thats a great dream..but I doubt after 1.2 we will get much of anything that was cut..they might add a barber shop and some new weapons and maybe a car or 2 but that seems like it..and then DLC and then throw this game aside and work on MP

Looking forward to seeing what the team has been fixing these 2 months. This afternoon there should be full information on the patch and tomorrow patch 1.2 will be released. We look forward to your work guys !!!! :ok:

See? Gassed the fuck up. 1.2 isn't even out and people are giddy for patch 1.3, because we know deep down inside this isn't true but some can't accept it. You will live in the pod. You will eat the bugs. You will T-pose naked from the waist down when driving.

They told us this: Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.

Looking forward to seeing what the team has been fixing these 2 months. This afternoon there should be full information on the patch and tomorrow patch 1.2 will be released. We look forward to your work guys !!!! :ok:
I actually hope that they release patch and patch information today.

See? Gassed the fuck up. 1.2 isn't even out and people are giddy for patch 1.3, because we know deep down inside this isn't true but some can't accept it. You will live in the pod. You will eat the bugs. You will T-pose naked from the waist down when driving.
The enthusiasm and wishes of the community go ahead of the intentions of CDPR? In the coming months we will leave doubts

How do you figure that?

Thats a great dream..but I doubt after 1.2 we will get much of anything that was cut..they might add a barber shop and some new weapons and maybe a car or 2 but that seems like it..and then DLC and then throw this game aside and work on MP
Yes a barber shop with a simple menu like they do with food :) There are already mods for that but that is precisely why 99% of the mods are worthless, they don't provide any in-game context.

Last edited:
Yes a barber shop with a simple menu like they do with food :) There are already mods for that but that is precisely why 99% of the mods are worthless, they don't provide any in-game context.
The game already has many of the improvements already in the game itself, is to apply them.

For example eat or drink realistically. Guys apply these functions when you buy food or drink and make the immersion in the city more pleasant!

You have already developed it !!!, apply it to all food stalls and restaurants.

Something that would be amazing would be to be able to put on some music headphones, tune into your device the music channel that you like the most and walk around the city while making life and interacting with Night city ..... I thought about it yesterday and it would be great. Would give for many hours of fun.

This game has so much potential that it would be unbeatable for a long time if they invest in its development.

That's because there's no backbone to do so. Nearly every non visual mod is janky because the entire structure of the game is janky. Even visual mods suffer jank because the districts have triggers for certain env states, but some districts are missing these triggers, a couple are not placed correctly, and the env parameter for these places can't be accessed. The game is literally broke. A lot of people have put their mods on hold, including myself, until 1.2 to see if it's even worth the effort. I doubt it will be honestly. That's not something I want to say, but this game did it's thing and that's it. It's not going to get any better, these guys weren't up to the task. We'll see if they prove me wrong. I'm willing to take bets though.

Last edited:
I love dreaming about the possibilities of Cyberpunk 2077

Other improvements that make the game bigger:

That the npcs are assigned to a job and every morning they leave the buildings to their food stall, shop, bar, car workshop, etc., do their routine and go home at night.

Damage history against a gang and retaliation against you.

Random NPCs with random missions and rewards.

Random car racing once you improve the car AI.

With that we would have hundreds of hours of play more and it would add complexity and quality to the city.

Increasing the difficulty and AI is also necessary.

Well let's see the advancements of patch 1.2 and what they dream of in CDPR

The game already has many of the improvements already in the game itself, is to apply them.

For example eat or drink realistically. Guys apply these functions when you buy food or drink and make the immersion in the city more pleasant!

You have already developed it !!!, apply it to all food stalls and restaurants.

Something that would be amazing would be to be able to put on some music headphones, tune into your device the music channel that you like the most and walk around the city while making life and interacting with Night city ..... I thought about it yesterday and it would be great. Would give for many hours of fun.

This game has so much potential that it would be unbeatable for a long time if they invest in its development.
I guess. But they have to improve the general AI first and I don't think they will do that with this patch or future patches. It must be very hard to improve the AI, too bad they didn't develop it sooner like any other competent game. I think the AI is a core technology to a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom