What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because there's no backbone to do so. Nearly every non visual mod is janky because the entire structure of the game is janky. Even visual mods suffer jank because the districts have triggers for certain env states, but some districts are missing these triggers, a couple are not placed correctly, and the env parameter for these places can't be accessed. The game is literally broke. A lot of people have put there mods on hold, including myself, until 1.2 to see if it's even worth the effort. I doubt it will be honestly. That's not something I want to say, but this game did it's thing and that's it. It's not going to get any better, these guys weren't up to the task. We'll see if they prove me wrong. I'm willing to take bets though.
Possibly the real reason is lack of time and a chaotic final part of the development.

The initial storm has already passed now they can set times, target marks and propose a clear roadmap.

Everything so far is very scattered and the community still does not know where CDPR is going with Cyberpunk 2077. They keep us in the assumptions and in the hope.

An interview about future enhancements for Cyberpunk 2077 would be nice, the initial blaze is already calmer and your customers need more information than has been given so far and which has consisted of an apology.

Do not be ashamed to show your face if it is to give good news.

With patch 1.2 we can intuit that CDPR wants, but it will always be that, an intuition ... nothing 100% sure.
Post automatically merged:

I guess. But they have to improve the general AI first and I don't think they will do that with this patch or future patches. It must be very hard to improve the AI, too bad they didn't develop it sooner like any other competent game. I think the AI is a core technology to a game?
That's true. Spending time improving the overall game AI would put a lot of value on Cyberpunk 2077, because the AI is really bad

Last edited:
If 1.2 fails to be the biggest and best patch today..I think it will determine if this game is truly done for and will lose most of its players. I will be one of them if 1.2 doesn't live up to what they told us. Im tired of playing a game that is nothing what they sold us on and keep dragging us around with 'wait for the next life changing patch' and its just same ol'same..leading us to multi-player where they will get more of our money and we will forget about the single player game.

The real question no one wants to ask, because of what it portends, is; What if this IS the best they could do? Seriously. This may be the best these guys can do. That's it. A severe, "game-changing", improvement is a steering slider... or increased police spawn distance.
They earned something like 1 bilion in December (with a very low predictions) - if the actual staff can't do better, then they have a sh..load of money to hire someone who can do it better. That's what i actually hope for. But maybe, just maybe they still can do it better?

They told us this: Our goal for Patch 1.2 goes beyond any of our previous updates. We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we’re now aiming for release in the second half of March.
Yeah.. problem is they've told us things before that never came to be.

The real question no one wants to ask, because of what it portends, is; What if this IS the best they could do? Seriously. This may be the best these guys can do. That's it. A severe, "game-changing", improvement is a steering slider... or increased police spawn distance.
Then they should maybe find another line of work?

They earned something like 1 bilion in December (with a very low predictions) - if the actual staff can't do better, then they have a sh..load of money to hire someone who can do it better.
Sadly hiring more people won't solve the issue with this game.
"9 women can't give birth to a baby in a month" , same rule applies to software development.
Adding more/better people won't have an inmediate effect because said people would need to understand what they are dealing with first, which takes more time in large projects.
I think CDPR has tons of talent, the problem lies in how all this talent was managed and organized. And, ofcourse, unrealistic deadlines and greed.
CDPR nowadays is not the same company that did the masterpiece called Witcher 3, they have much more staff now but their project and team management did not scale accordingly.
CDPR that did Witcher 3 was a Team.
CDPR that did CP77 is a Team of Teams.
Managing and coordinating a large scale project is not an easy task and managers are usually more concerned with their own benefits than with the overall succcess of a project.

I personally hope that they can reorganize the workflow, get their priorities straight, set realistic goals and fullfill them before it is too late.

So, do cops still not drive cars? Probably one of the biggest oversights in my opinion, really makes the NC feel like a dumbass toybox more than anything. Like why have a game about crime and not allow cops to chase you? Did they mention this before as to why it wouldn't work in their game? I guess I just expected that to come with some of the first patches, and I'm amazed they just completely ignored the possibility of cop cars and instead just extended the distance at which cops spawn behind you.

The thing is, we know that they can do better. We've seen it (obvious reference back to TW3). I can't speak for anyone else, but that's why I was so disappointed in the quality of this game. It's also why I haven't completely given up on the game yet, but it's currently uninstalled from my system, waiting on the day when or if it gets fixed. I suppose that the next update will tell us a lot about the game's future.

That's because there's no backbone to do so. Nearly every non visual mod is janky because the entire structure of the game is janky. Even visual mods suffer jank because the districts have triggers for certain env states, but some districts are missing these triggers, a couple are not placed correctly, and the env parameter for these places can't be accessed. The game is literally broke. A lot of people have put there mods on hold, including myself, until 1.2 to see if it's even worth the effort. I doubt it will be honestly. That's not something I want to say, but this game did it's thing and that's it. It's not going to get any better, these guys weren't up to the task. We'll see if they prove me wrong. I'm willing to take bets though.
That's interesting. I have noticed a significant decrease in the number and variety of new mods appearing on Nexus.

Last edited:
tomorrow they will surprise us. Night city and the players greatly appreciate it !!!
It won't cover our hunger for much and much more in Cyberpunk, but if the work looks interesting we will appreciate it.

Is patch coming today?
Tomorrow if we're lucky. But, if we're supposed to get the patch notes first, it's not looking good... and if they only release things on a Friday, they might even miss the March delivery window, which sadly would mean yet another statement turning out to be false.

The marketing campaign until day 0 has been brutal. Since then shhhhh silence .... an apology and more silence ..... I speak at the level of videos and marketing that filled us with enthusiasm. It would be brave if all or some of those who spoke before the start of the game now show their faces to talk about what is to come. Although I recognize that it is still too early to have clear decisions. At the moment patch 1.2 is our hot potato ...

Tomorrow if we're lucky. But, if we're supposed to get the patch notes first, it's not looking good... and if they only release things on a Friday, they might even miss the March delivery window, which sadly would mean yet another statement turning out to be false.
Surely tomorrow there will be a patch ... and surely tonight or tomorrow morning they will release the information. But everything is top secret :cool:

Pretty sure they stated they are 'aiming' for the second half of March. I don't know about you or others, but that to me doesn't translate to 'We will absolutely release the patch out during that time'. Seeing how people interpreted everything said in whatever way they want - it doesn't really surprise me the hype over this game was so blown out of proportion. But hey that's just me.

The marketing campaign until day 0 has been brutal. Since then shhhhh silence .... an apology and more silence ..... I speak at the level of videos and marketing that filled us with enthusiasm. It would be brave if all or some of those who spoke before the start of the game now show their faces to talk about what is to come. Although I recognize that it is still too early to have clear decisions. At the moment patch 1.2 is our hot potato ...

Surely tomorrow there will be a patch ... and surely tonight or tomorrow morning they will release the information. But everything is top secret :cool:
Well their stock ain't doing to good so maybe that will motivate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom