What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a "good" update... now ok i think is time to implement the dynamic (over velocity) mini map, i know it was not important before but overtime it becomes annoying to miss every F*** curve because the mini map does not show stuffs at time.

Also IS VERY IMPORTANT to FIX the "dredge up" mission IN THIS UPDATE. this is a need

It's still March till midnight Wednesday
Soon we'll find out what's going on in CDPR and what's their next bet - MP or fixing CP2077.

There's an online conference with CEOs about updated corpo strategy next week:

My guess is we'll hear about:
- MP version of Cyberpunk
- DLCs for CP2077
- next-gen version of CP2077
- next-gen version of W3
- (probably) the next AAA title (undisclosed)

New roadmap incoming... ;)
But my guess is if you're trying to reassure the investors you'd get the patch out before 6pm on the 30th:shrug:

Last edited:
View attachment 11200561

Oh, it's on mod.

It's on.
Any moment now :giggle: !!
View attachment 11200567
No joke, had my first attempt at an origami bird yesterday, didn't turn out so good >.<

Post automatically merged:

Ok. I know that the patch is in testing... but why does the GFN (GeForce NOW?) patch pipeline tests show up in Steam?

Maybe because of the frame drops ?

Or because of NVIDIA GeForce Now Game Streaming ?

Just a few hours!!! (at least to know if it's coming or not) Here's hoping they can reduce the number of "Cyberpunk has flatlined" and the items that cannot be taken from ANY angle. AT LEAST.

1616729535347.png

About the 3rd person option and the game not being built for it : I'm fairly certain CDPR could do this if they wanted to.

I've used a 3rd person mod on the pc and even though I removed it for the time being the progress that's been made for it so far has been good.

At first we had the view being changed to 3rd person and this out of proportion body that didn't look good at all. A modder/modders sorted that out though and made the overly long neck and wide shoulders better to the point that you can walk around in game and it looks almost completely fine. There's still bugs though, like the character will stop walking properly when the ground isn't flat and after jumping at times there's issues with the character "hovering" instead of running when back on the ground.

The hovering thing also affects 1st person though and is something that's grated at me for a while and I'm really hoping it's been sorted out in this patch (if not I'll have to be more patient.) What's happening there could be that the game isn't registering that the character is back on the ground properly so it's stuck in the jumping animation and sliding along the ground for a while.

If that's sorted out though along with the jankiness when moving up and down hill, then we're a lot closer to having a well functioning 3rd person mod. A couple of things left include when running the character's shoulders go wide again and the body looks off, and there's also some interaction problems (can't talk to npc's properly at times, or interact with some game objects.)

Good progress has been made by modders though with the limited tools they have, so I don't doubt for a second that CDPR with full access to the tools for the game can make a 3rd person option work. It might not be easy and there's all of the issues that go with using weapons and dealing with combat too, but I think they could do it. It's just down to if they want to, and they've already said they believe the game is meant for 1st person so if they don't change that view I can understand. I might not agree but I can understand if it's not something they want to deal with.

If modders could eventually have access to better tools so they could have a good go at it themselves though in the future that'd be awesome.

they usually make patches and updates available on Fridays, so this one would be the last Friday of the month, so hopefully we get it soon.

Good progress has been made by modders though with the limited tools they have, so I don't doubt for a second that CDPR with full access to the tools for the game can make a 3rd person option work. It might not be easy and there's all of the issues that go with using weapons and dealing with combat too, but I think they could do it. It's just down to if they want to, and they've already said they believe the game is meant for 1st person so if they don't change that view I can understand. I might not agree but I can understand if it's not something they want to deal with.
If they want to make a multiplayer game they will have to add 3rd person animations otherwise players will look like headless zombies.

Realistically the game needs these things to be complete at the bare minimum:
-Working police car chases
-Being able to shoot from a car
-Character barber shops/plastic surgeons

It would be really nice to have:
-An actual third person camera (Yes im aware of the mod but the animations are made for first person so it looks awful outside of walking, running, and jumping
-Working arcade machines (There are so many arcade machines around night city but none of them work, even GTA San Andreas had playable arcade machines and that game was from 17 years ago, yes I'm aware of the Tetris mod as well)
-Street Races (All these neat cars and no way to participate in street racing outside of Claire's missions, massive missed opportunity there)
-Customizable Vehicles
-Cut Features like Wall Running or the Monowire being used for hacking
-Flying cars (or being able to use a vehicle like the Maxtac aircraft, or Delamain aircrafts)
-A shooting range (There originally was one but it was cut from the game, could add something nice to do)
-AR games (Like in that River mission with the kids)
-Working BrainDance Wreaths (Game gives you BD wreaths but no way to interact with them outside of scripted BD missions, there are also purchaseable braindances for some reason that do nothing)
-Working Albums You are able to purchase records and find them laying around but have no way to listen to the music on them

The above would turn this game from a 4/10 to a 11/10 masterpiece

About the 3rd person option and the game not being built for it : I'm fairly certain CDPR could do this if they wanted to.

I've used a 3rd person mod on the pc and even though I removed it for the time being the progress that's been made for it so far has been good.

At first we had the view being changed to 3rd person and this out of proportion body that didn't look good at all. A modder/modders sorted that out though and made the overly long neck and wide shoulders better to the point that you can walk around in game and it looks almost completely fine. There's still bugs though, like the character will stop walking properly when the ground isn't flat and after jumping at times there's issues with the character "hovering" instead of running when back on the ground.

The hovering thing also affects 1st person though and is something that's grated at me for a while and I'm really hoping it's been sorted out in this patch (if not I'll have to be more patient.) What's happening there could be that the game isn't registering that the character is back on the ground properly so it's stuck in the jumping animation and sliding along the ground for a while.

If that's sorted out though along with the jankiness when moving up and down hill, then we're a lot closer to having a well functioning 3rd person mod. A couple of things left include when running the character's shoulders go wide again and the body looks off, and there's also some interaction problems (can't talk to npc's properly at times, or interact with some game objects.)

If modders could eventually have access to better tools so they could have a good go at it themselves though in the future that'd be awesome.
I dream of a 3-person view.I don't feel comfortable playing with the first person view,I feel blind.I would be incredibly happy if CDPR added a third-person view, at least for walking, as we have when riding a motorcycle, so they can

Realistically the game needs these things to be complete at the bare minimum:
-Working police car chases
-Being able to shoot from a car
-Character barber shops/plastic surgeons

It would be really nice to have:
-An actual third person camera (Yes im aware of the mod but the animations are made for first person so it looks awful outside of walking, running, and jumping
-Working arcade machines (There are so many arcade machines around night city but none of them work, even GTA San Andreas had playable arcade machines and that game was from 17 years ago, yes I'm aware of the Tetris mod as well)
-Street Races (All these neat cars and no way to participate in street racing outside of Claire's missions, massive missed opportunity there)
-Customizable Vehicles
-Cut Features like Wall Running or the Monowire being used for hacking
-Flying cars (or being able to use a vehicle like the Maxtac aircraft, or Delamain aircrafts)
-A shooting range (There originally was one but it was cut from the game, could add something nice to do)
-AR games (Like in that River mission with the kids)
-Working BrainDance Wreaths (Game gives you BD wreaths but no way to interact with them outside of scripted BD missions, there are also purchaseable braindances for some reason that do nothing)
-Working Albums You are able to purchase records and find them laying around but have no way to listen to the music on them

The above would turn this game from a 4/10 to a 11/10 masterpiece

I get most of your points but what's the point of the monowire hacking again? since you can hack anybody just by looking at them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom