What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope that both PS and XB base consoles are the priority, 'cause I'll tell you now if they focus solely on PS, XB users won't be impressed.
Wat. Pls go into more detail, cause PS & XB vs PS & XB are the same thing.

Or do you mean PS & XB vs PC& XB

H27

Forum regular
I absolutely loved the ad style! in a world where a patch is expected as if it were a speech by the President you could not have done better irony! You are great and we expect great things from you! good job!

Third person is not going to happen, it's just not made for it.
Before release people trust they choose FPP because immersion but now people know they choose FPP and cut off TPP cutscene because they want to reduce the cost with Rush the to sell the game, They should add TPP view in future update too, at least should be able to change views when not in combat mode for immersion with your character All dressed up items will look meaningful, if they still hope to make a great game that can be played for a long time The emotions involved in the characters you play are very important.

I ride more motorcycles because I want to see my character. Mirror in this game is a joke make fps drop and bug outfit.

Last edited:
How do you survive IRL feeling blind all the time walking around with only a first person view? :D
3rd person view is actually more accurate to how much we perceive with our eyes in real life because we can see things without turning our head or/and body. And we have senses that help as react quickly when something out of view is approaching us. You don't get that much information with just 1st person view in video games.

- Having seen the reactions, they're now delaying it by some more days, in order to add more to it.

Hope i'm wrong. My third run is on hold
I hope you are right! my first run is on hold, bordering uninstall moment... 3 months after release and even item mods are seems not working

[...]

I hope the patch is released whenever it's ready, but if it has only the already stated changes, that would be a bit disappointing, having been named "the biggest patch ever". But anyway, that wouldn't make me love the game less, having already spent 250+ hours in Night City.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's go already! Balls are getting blue here. Finaly we will see if its worth the space it takes on my SSD or not.
Post automatically merged:

But where is it!? All they do is tease, tease, tease. And then underdeliver at everything.
I hope you are right! my first run is on hold, bordering uninstall moment... 3 months after release and even item mods are seems not working
Same here. Played 1 hour yesterday just to be able to evaluate 1.2 when it comes. Result: 2 crashes, 1 t-pose

i have to say, last week I was pretty enthusiastic about the news and had hopes for constant teasers and news from that point on... now I am worried... :/
Ignore the doom and gloomers. :)

It took them half a year to get TW3 properly fixed. Don't expect any miracles with this patch.
Interesting perspective. I got TW3 after CP2077, so by the time I got it, it was as polished as it was ever going to get. I don't expect that Patch 1.2, or even Patch 1.3 (whatever that is), will properly fix the bugs. We won't see new or changed content until a DLC wanders along.

Let them eat cake. By that I mean, let them try to eat cake by shifting through thousands of useless items in their inventory to hopefully find some cake to eat opposed to sitting down and eating cake at a vendor in an immersive way.

Guys dont go fully mental as of right now. The title doesnt say "development insight" for nothing. Its not a reveal, its an insight. (For the people being butthurt about the amount.)
its not like all the trailers, social media and advertising said "its coming when its ready"... so "development insight" means... nothing at all. sadly. and tbh honest if this are the fixes they chose to "highlight"... im damn curious what will follow... honestly I personally don't expect much positive surprisings... tho im still hoping after 5 chars and nearly 1k hrs played on normal ps4.

Last edited:
I can feel it!
Today is patch day and i will begin to play a new life path!
Hopefully with a little more FPS, as the first play through.
This are my only expectations for this patch!

@The community, lower your expectations!
1.2 isn't that groundbreaking patch what you all expect,
you all will be disappointed and then the this forum is getting ugly as always.

Stop that please!

It´s just a patch in the right direction not more or less!
There will be more patches in the future you all will see.
1.2 don´t fix all the community expectations that is impossible!
So stay calm and don't get angry, have a normal behave!

Life is to short to get angry about a game! Stay healthy!

I really hope they do a good job now and this is not the only thing they have fixed because all those "fixes" took just days to modders in the first week they launched the game. I'm not excited with the changes they have shown so far, but it's a good start. Don't get your hopes high though. This could be another letdown.

I can feel it!
Today is patch day and i will begin to play a new life path!
Hopefully with a little more FPS, as the first play through.
This are my only expectations for this patch!

@The community, lower your expectations!
1.2 isn't that groundbreaking patch what you all expect,
you all will be disappointed and then the this forum is getting ugly as always.

Stop that please!

It´s just a patch in the right direction not more or less!
There will be more patches in the future you all will see.
1.2 don´t fix all the community expectations that is impossible!
So stay calm and don't get angry, have a normal behave!

Life is to short to get angry about a game! Stay healthy!
I like your optimism. Sounds like you may be right though, this patch may be just another "basis fixing patch".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom