What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
something that starts to bother me as a customer of a product from this company, is that they generate expectations and frustration in equal parts .... I thought we would have news of the patch today. They have not made any modifications to Steam today and verbatim words from their twitter account:

and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get. With that in mind, we're now aiming for release in the second half of March.

It’s not the news we enjoy sharing, but we want to make sure we launch this update properly. Stay tuned for more information as the time draws closer. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

If you talk about honest communication with the community, what is this? Here we are talking about the fact that March is not over ... but there are 4 days left in March !!! no notes, no patch and honest communication with dropper !!!!

Give me another preview of the patch but don't hide in the cave again !!!! If you are aiming for the second half of March and need a few more weeks, show at least another preview of the patch information while we are still waiting ...

so, i bought this game through steam, and after all the updates steam seems to have installed automatically the game is finally running on my pc, but i'm not sure it installed ALL the updates because i'm not seeing the option to turn off double-tap to dodge in the controls settings menu. anywhere. and it's literally the worst game decision ever made. i could see double tilt with a joystick being practical, but on WASD? ew. good lord what were y'all thinking. other than that, great game, would love any tips on why the option isn't showing up in my settings or how i can check which updates steam actually installed or not.

Patch 1.2 is not available yet, or did it just now go live?

so, i bought this game through steam, and after all the updates steam seems to have installed automatically the game is finally running on my pc, but i'm not sure it installed ALL the updates because i'm not seeing the option to turn off double-tap to dodge in the controls settings menu. anywhere. and it's literally the worst game decision ever made. i could see double tilt with a joystick being practical, but on WASD? ew. good lord what were y'all thinking. other than that, great game, would love any tips on why the option isn't showing up in my settings or how i can check which updates steam actually installed or not.
That update isn't out yet to turn off double tap dodge
Post automatically merged:

for me it is simply that I would love to keep playing the game... but after over 300 hours I need at least a better balance or a new difficult level to make the clearing of the map in some kind more interesting... so I just hope the did something with the balancing
They should also add daily missions and random events like Assassin's Creed where you can phone each fixer and they have a daily mission

Last edited:
I thought we would have news of the patch today.

Therein lies the heart of your disappointment. A disappointment of your own making if I may add.

CDPR never said the patch would drop on March 26th. Or March 29th. They said second half of March which ends next Wednesday.

They have until then to either release the patch and follow through on their word or delay again and further erode consumers' trust. With that said, no one should have any expectations of the patch or even the patch notes dropping on any day before the 31st.

They should also add daily missions and random events like Assassin's Creed where you can phone each fixer and they have a daily mission

In a way I'd like that but the game's content doesn't exactly lends itself to it right now. It simply doesn't play on the game's strengths (I.E. strong narrative) and would be mostly boring filler.

Sorry I came here obviously to rant. BUT CDPR blew it again. We have the 26th, a Friday before a Weekend and there is still no sign of either more news (patchnotes) nor the patch itself. 2nd half of March my ass! Looking to be the very last days of march or even the last one or another delay. What the hell, I give up.
Agreed. Just be honest: " we don't know, don't have idea of the day it would be ready, but we will release something on last minute of march 31, whatever the state, and then release hotfixes for the stuff you find"

meh... on a second thought... they might fail that deadline too...

Therein lies the heart of your disappointment. A disappointment of your own making if I may add.

CDPR never said the patch would drop on March 26th. Or March 29th. They said second half of March which ends next Wednesday.

They have until then to either release the patch and follow through on their word or delay again and further erode consumers' trust. With that said, no one should have any expectations of the patch or even the patch notes dropping on any day before the 31st.
I agree with your message so the following is not directed to you personally, just my take on the whole 'deliver as you said by end of March or else...'
Delaying the patch further won't mean they 'didn't keep their word', it'll just mean that the deadline they set for themselves was not realistic. It happens all the time (in general, not with CDPR) since - to my knowledge - no one can accurately predict the future, and it's not something I would personally feel 'outraged' about. Anyone who's set a deadline for themselves can tell how easy it is to not keep up with that, without necessarily meaning that you're not doing a good job. The only thing outrage does when it comes to meeting 'timescales' (as if they're the gospel) is substandard, rushed delivery or hardcore crunching and I don't know why we'd want any of that. I hope they work on this on a reasonable pace to deliver 'when it's ready' (as they used to say), I'm not interested in another update that breaks as many things as it fixes.

They never said 1.2 will come in March. Maybe it will, maybe it won't; no one except CDPR could know at this point. You'll just need to be patient.
I have to disagree there, what they most definetely said is us getting a finished product in December. Then they said the 1.2 will arrive in February, I'm not even talking about march yet, then started making vague statements as they didn't fulfill any of what they said. The trend is clear. Our impatience isn't a result of our choices but rather of unfulfilled promises. Pseudo fans had the opportunity of refunding and took it. Us, true fans and supporters who decided to have faith in CDPR are obviously feeling betrayed and rightfully so.

I would give them another 30 minutes. We are currently in the timeline according to their patch history; otherwise, the dream is dead. And we would have to wait till next week, possibly between Monday and Wednesday. My guess is next Tuesday.

I`m sure they are doing everything to not delay patch any further and release it at least on 30th of march which will be a day where they will reveal company`s updated strategy for next years. This will get them a lot of attention and last thing they want is to take it away from main topic to "where is a patch" discussion.

During last 10 days we could see changes in test branch coming up at least once a day. Now its been 2 days since any changes except new position for Geforce Now pipeline test. So there is a huge chance that they are on a final stage of tests for all of a platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom