What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit. I'm still at 4 hours played for a game I bought months ago.. Keep hoping that a patch will drop that will at least make it playable (for me, your opinion may vary). Had high hopes for this Friday.

I love the cars, I just can't stand how they spawn/despawn all around me as I turn around.
I hate how I find something cool because I've explored well, only for it to be impossible to pick up (that pick-up-items bug).
Driving on the freeway and the car in front of you comes to a complete stop for no reason (I'm guessing they can't move over invisible section lines?).
Appearing/disappearing objects in the environment. Objects that flicker in and out of existence.. I mean..

These things (among many others) are so distracting for me that I can't enjoy the game. It's just impossible for me to immerse myself in the story and not be constantly annoyed by the state of things.

Maybe the patch will drop tomorrow?

Guys, just take a look at Steamdb and place your bets. Most of the patches (hotfix) came out between Thursday and Friday. We had a patch on Wednesday and another one on SATURDAY. But it usually leaves on Friday. I think that this particular patch should only come out on Wednesday, which would be the last day of the month. It's sad? it is, but it is life. Remembering that the consoles go into the certification process for each patch sent to Sony and Microsoft and depending on that it can take days. That is, it may be that at the last minute this patch will not even come out in March.

If they'd put half as much thought into these original systems and issues as they did the fluff piece lore they spent on what amounts to patch notes, this would all be a non-issue. I deeply appreciate the efforts of the hardworking devs in the trenches. Their bosses not so much.

It's far better to just say "when it's ready" and stick to that.
IMHO, "when it's ready" is an insult to all the customers, investors, and even the project management discipline. Be it a full-fledged release, patch, hotfix, dlc, etc..
"When it's ready" products should be bought with fundless checks, to be fair.

I fully agree that some people behaviour is total tragedy ;) Personally I rather wait, so they have enough time for testing and hopefully it will avoid majority of problems which are almost inevitable in big projects like this one. Last time they were pushed release this game early with storm of hate for possible further delay(s) and here we go ... I hope they will not do the same mistake again, and no matter how much complains will be, they will release patch in time when they will be satisfied with it ...

Sure, then this game not be released at december and wait when will ready and very good tested.Now is only waiting fix and next time other fix and how many fixes this game need?

When it comes to patches tho, I would like them to at least admit that they are aware of the issues. Otherwise the situation is like:
- are you working on repairing <insert a known issue here>?
- we will never tell you and maybe we will or maybe we'll not

Sure, then this game not be released at december and wait when will ready and very good tested.Now is only waiting fix and next time other fix and how many fixes this game need?
It was clearly said that further patches (and DLC) will follow during this year. In fact there is nothing for us players to gain when we will cry to release things asap, and this apply twice in crazy times like we are in now. They (CDPR) have numerous reasons for work hard on this game improvement. I think it is a good idea to positively support this effort.

When it comes to patches tho, I would like them to at least admit that they are aware of the issues.
Every time someone reports an issue? Millions of people have been playing the game on multiple platforms. Many issues will have been reported many times. Theres just too many posts to keep on top of. Its just not feasible.

We do not need any videos, we need fixed many bugs.
The videos were probably recorded as part of the QA testing process, so no extra time spent on them. Video editing and Dev insight article would have been handled by people who are not programmers. So it will have practically no effect on bug fixing.

Many people have been complaining about a lack of information from CDPR about the patch, yet when they do provide information, one section of the community complains about them wasting time, whilst another section says that there wasnt enough detail in the Dev Insight post.
It will come when it does, nothing we do is going to make it happen any faster and in fact may actually make it happen slower. Have a little patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom