What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, unfortunately we're going to have to wait. I know that many wanted to play the game over the weekend, myself included. I bought the game in December and so far I haven't played it, it's practically unplayable on consoles. We still have 3 days for this patch to come out. If not, let's go for another postponement.
What console are you on? Made my first playthrough on Xbox one (with some bugs and crashes) and am close to wrapping up my fourth on series x with virtually no issues.

Why? The patch isn't out yet and they said that wasn't everything thats part of the patch and they said its coming out 2nd half of March and March isn't over yet.

They also said "we leave greed to others", "it's coming when it's ready", "we strive to make games as refined as read dead redemption 2" and many other things that have no weight, all things considered. However what gets me the most are the developer insight segments from Night City Wire where you can see issues that still exist months after release. Things like T-posing NPCs and transportation spawning on unlikely places. How have they not addressed these things with hotfixes yet? I'm sure management is to blame for the messy release [...] (they even took the blame) but the narrative that "the developers are blameless" is very hard to get on board with when these QoL changes are the highlights for the big 1.2 patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
What console are you on? Made my first playthrough on Xbox one (with some bugs and crashes) and am close to wrapping up my fourth on series x with virtually no issues.
It does start fairly stable on XB1, but the longer you play, the more the glitches and performance issues start becoming a problem. My first playthru wasn't too bad, but got it slowly worse as I progressed... but, by the time I finished the third playthru, the glitches and performance issues were getting so bad it was very close to unplayable. The only thing the patches/hotfixes have really fixed so far on XB1 is that it doesn't crash quite so much.

It's great to read you, I thought I was the only one enjoying an amazing game with no major issues. So far I've been able to finish any quest and achieve everything I was trying to without a bug preventing me from doing so. There are visual and certain functional issues, of course, but nothing previous AAA releases didn't suffer of.

Fortunately, I waited a few weeks before unboxing my Collector's Edition, knowing what would happen (actually I was quite busy), so I missed the initial shitstorm. However, right now the game is fully playable, getting 60-70 constant fps with a mid-top rig, nothing outstanding, so I guess people is adding extra drama. I would say "except for the console's fellows", but your message brings some light on this topic.

Off-topic posts deleted once again. Topic is not why you think the game is bad/good or anything else not directly related to 1.2; topic is update 1.2.

Fine but please let it be just a few days...playthrough no.2 is waiting and my patience is running low.
Same for me!
I´am one of the patience person ever in the world, but now i get every second more and more disappointed!

I´am positiv about CDPR, but i struggle to can handle it anymore, my demon will come over me!

I know we all have to wait but it´s hard for me at the moment!
This weekend is over and i haven´t played a single minute... we all knows why!

Crap - I had a 5 day weekend and was hoping for the patch to finally become available. Right now I feel like when caught out after dark in Dying Light. You know, when morning finally arrives and you survived (y)

Same for me!
I´am one of the patience person ever in the world, but now i get every second more and more disappointed!

I´am positiv about CDPR, but i struggle to can handle it anymore, my demon will come over me!

I know we all have to wait but it´s hard for me at the moment!
This weekend is over and i haven´t played a single minute... we all knows why!
I feel you, and your feelings are justified. I have not played it much since the last patch, which for me was a let down ( I think most reasonable people can agree it was ).

But lets be real, they cannot afford to mess this one up, nobody needs that. The last patch bringing game breaking bugs was all over the gaming world as a failure. This needs to be better.

I personally think It was a serious miscalculation with how they tried to poke fun at themselves in that "highlights" video ( it is way to soon to do that kind of stuff, specially when a good majority of their player base are still annoyed at them or worse have given up) and what they were presenting in it, could be easily argued as early access fixes.

If they need to push this back with it being that last big patch for a year, then that is what they need to do.

I am worried about them messing with the visuals to get performance up. If it is another hard fail, I'm getting it off my SSD and chalking it up as as a damn shame and 60 euro wasted. I broke my own rule pre ordering this, a tough pill to swallow indeed.

Most people would be totally okay if the 1.2 patch slides a few days into April.
We'd just love to hear a word about how it is going.
Well, I wouldn't necessarily be "ok" with it after it already taking so so long, but, it would be acceptable if they communicated with us that it was going to slip instead of leaving us wondering what's going on - leaving it until the last second to give info doesn't do anyone any favours.
And yes, I know it might be difficult for them to judge if there's not much left to do, or some complication rears it's head at the last minute - but, if there's a lot to do and they know they won't hit their target, they should say so.

If I was told that this patch will be addressing a list of hundreds of tweaks and fixes and it will take another month to finish, then go ahead. But at the moment all we know is 4 tweaks that look like something a bunch of interns would do in a day.

Tomorrow we HAVE to get the patch notes there is no other way! If not then I will forget myself!
Well, they've actually got until the 30th (Tuesday) if they're going to give us the patch notes before it drops, if the patch is to be released before April, Wednesday is the last day of March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom