What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
Ah atleast now we know. Hopefully i cba to sitt trough the stream tomorrow and see if theres any more info. Hope they fix the car handeling the Lod streaming and some more stuff. Was planning on starting a new playtrough without any mods to see the vanilla experiance anyways so hope the patch drops this week.

Actually it seems it does not zoom out, the marker indicating your character in the minimap is just moved from the center of the minimap to the bottom, thus giving you the illusion of zooming out, because you can see farther.
To me it seems both are true.
The player indicator is lower so there's less space 'behind' you. but the map also seems more zoomed out to me. Not by much, but the road looks smaller on the right side vid.

Actually it seems it does not zoom out, the marker indicating your character in the minimap is just moved from the center of the minimap to the bottom, thus giving you the illusion of zooming out, because you can see farther.
Like I said to one of our friends in the thread, you can compare the two mini maps in 0:28 and it is zoomed out AND the player character has been moved to the bottom of the minimap in 1.3 .

Does someone guess what will possibly happen to mods of patch 1.23? Will they work any further? I am a bit worried that the mods I use for the character creation will not work after the patch. I am not such a tech-geek.

Does someone guess what will possibly happen to mods of patch 1.23? Will they work any further? I am a bit worried that the mods I use for the character creation will not work after the patch. I am not such a tech-geek.
Wait and see I quess.
It also depends on what mods you have most likely.
I've got some reskins of vehicles and they worked fine ever since 1.12 or so.

I had a mod before installing 1.2 (GOG version) and after I installed it I had to reinstall my game since I made a huge mistake. Or you can simply wait until mods get an update for the newer versions of the game (The mod that I installed was the 2018 Appearance of V).
you may not need to uninstall them. Just move them to a different location if you are worried.

Edited my comment so you won't get confused

Last edited:
To people who complain about the changes highlighted in the original post, please read it again: "Though they’re not the biggest ones and there’ll be more to come (as soon as more documents get declassified), we’re excited to give you a sneak peek at what’s coming."
Let's be just a bit more patient and see what the actual patch will bring :)

Depending on what files are changed during the update your mods may stop working. If that happens you'll need to wait for the mod author to update the mod.

On the other hand, if 1.3 doesn't change the files your mod(s) use, then the mod will probably just keep working.

What I don't quite understand however is the Angel/Skye Confusion? Other than the dialogue being somewhat less fast I see no difference?
It is, for me and probably for other (I think).
Now you will be able to answer with the avatar/names in front of your eyes :)
For me in my first playthrough, I asked myself the question when choosing... Crap, I don't paid attention to the names o_O
And it's not only me I think :D

@ WingedArchon

Mostly, adding more realistic complexions, changing the makeup design, adding the black cyberware designs as well as the smokey-eyed makeup and complexion of V from the E3-demo (which I use) and a mod for adding a walking key to the settings - which I use most of the time, actually.

@ WingedArchon

Mostly, adding more realistic complexions, changing the makeup design, adding the black cyberware designs as well as the smokey-eyed makeup and complexion of V from the E3-demo (which I use) and a mod for adding a walking key to the settings - which I use most of the time, actually.
We'd need to see the complete list of what is being improved/fixed/added to the game by 1.3
But it doesn't immediately look like the mods you have would be impacted much.
Ofcourse, this is only speculation right now. --> Stay tuned for the full patch notes I'd say :)

@ BigWezz69

Thanks! In my eyes CD Project can change or add these things. That is why I use these mods, to make the game more of what I expect from it. (No walking key and not black smokey-eyes, pfff.)

I mean that's nice and all, but this is all we get? I know this isn't the full list of changes, but if this is the top few, then we are in for another disappointment. This game has been out for more than 6 months now and nothing substantial hasn't been done to address all the issues/missing features. I love you guys! I really do, but this is not okay.

@ WingedArchon

Yes, this would be the best. :) I do not use mods very gladly because of this and because of I like to play a game like the developpers intended it to be played. But here... it needed some corrections which I espect from such a game or at least for things to be like I would like to see them.

All good and all, but please say these aren't the best bits of 1.3??

I mean that's nice and all, but this is all we get? I know this isn't the full list of changes, but if this is the top few, then we are in for another disappointment. This game has been out for more than 6 months now and nothing substantial hasn't been done to address all the issues/missing features. I love you guys! I really do, but this is not okay.

I think these are just the things people have really memed on the last few months, and were vocal about it happening. That's why they've specifically chosen to highlight these changes and make a fun little in-universe story about them.

That's my optimistic outlook. We won't know more until the stream tomorrow. And I do hope the devs will be open. I would be totally fine with them releasing a "small" patch if they at least give us a good reason as to why it is the case. Last thing we need is hour long stream of the devs dodging the subject matter.

@ Pecata.977

Unfortunately, I also experienced more bugs in the first minutes of the game I have ever experienced in any game and I bought it after patch 1.23. Missing legs, glitches, missing icons and texts, and I hate that people can walk through me. There are older games out there which have a collision query which makes them evading you. I hope they will fix this soon, because I really like the game.

Top Bottom