What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
CDPR has already announced that DLCs (free) will be the same as TW3 free DLCs, I don't what people did expect :(

People expect a better game than we've been given. NMS was the same they released a buggy game played with the truth in their marketing about the game and have had very up and down communication with players. The fact they said we'd get free dlcs pre-launch means jack. They are simply "goodies" they are tiny pieces of content that whilst nice isn't something to write home about. If the game was to the quality of TW3 they'd be nice just like TW3s dlc was but Cyberpunk's release was a disaster. They talked about rebuilding trust but nothing so far is rebuilding the trust for me.

Thought the stream was really well done. Appreciated the context given by Patrick and Miles to what they were seeing as developers of the game and difficulties they had to account for. Looking forward to seeing 1.3 and how the game's taken on further in future patches as becomes possible.

What did you expect? They said it's going to be like Witcher 3 DLCs, that's what it is.
FSR! A thing that does not take a 1000 squad team and 1 month to implement, that would allow a lot of people to actually enjoy the game the way it was meant to be enjoyed and not have a bad experience.....

But I guess that is to hard for CDPR.

Poor Johnny :cry:

1629219599494.png

I thought they were going to talk about more of the fixes? Pretty sure all it was about was the fixes they already mentioned and a couple of free dlc's - welcome dlc's, but my V won't wear those jackets - but she'd drive that car, if she could change the colour anyway. I'll have to read the patch notes now.

FSR! A thing that does not take a 1000 squad team and 1 month to implement, that would allow a lot of people to actually enjoy the game the way it was meant to be enjoyed and not have a bad experience.....

Maybe "reserved" for the Next-Gen update, could make sense in my opinion rather than in a simple patch :)

Well, aside from Johnny's alternative look (ewww), it's exactly what I expected. Small, incremental QoL changes and free DLC of the same type as in TW3. They're always welcome.
reading the patch notes they have fixed the most glaring issues I had with the game and I think is going to make the game harder for many people.

This patch is definitely giving more than I expected

You can now get your crafting specs from the clothing vendor stores after the first visit... and crafted items with a random quality require you to have crafting of high enough quality to generate... no more epic armadillo mods unless you have 12 minimum in tech and can craft epic items.

Guys, not that I dislike you, but I don't think that such streams with the developers are a suitable format for such announcements. Dunno, it always seemed to me that the developers themselves dont really like all this participation in streams, and most people are not so interested in watching it. I think a short prerecorded video going through the key things in the patch would be more appropriate.

Maybe "reserved" for the Next-Gen update, could make sense in my opinion rather than in a simple patch :)
Maybe, problem is that approach could have worked with the Witcher 3 where goodwill is present, delaying actual quick and easy improvement for some random reason is a really bad idea with this game. CDPR said they want to regain their reputation, this is not how you do it. I am generally speaking a patient and forgiving person, but how this whole game was threated from the start is just a horror story.

I think that while it is a good idea for future streams to be kind of organic and just hanging out, when it is your first piece of communication and information in months you really should not waste time by trying to get a certain color pistol out of a vending machine or discussing what color jacket you should wear.

When you introduce new information after a long silence just stick to the point and show us the new stuff. All that hanging out and picking clothes can be done in a later stream at a better time.

okay, so I didn't have the patience for watching the stream and just read the patchnotes. Definitely some QoL improvements there, but the first DLC is really meager given that we had to wait for it for more than half a year (not even a barbershop?) and the roadmap still hans't been updated. What about the next-gen versions?

Also, I get that they are listening when it comes to technical issues, but what about the concerns about say, the endings, the fact that people romancing River and Kerry got the short end of the stick (ha!) and are dying to knwo if this ever gets adressed? Would be really nice if we could et some information on that.

I didn´t even log to the stream, the chat was too funny already... But from I discern was the expected self-hyping turned into dissapointment and toxicity.
And no , steam DB size and time between updates is not a good indicator of software development...,@Dexhii explained quite well; the key word most people never ever faced is "regression test" and the joy of fixing a bug, start a regression overnight and finding in the morning that you create ten new bugs.

And yeah, I'm super glad it's optional, it doesn't look right on Keanu.
Is like lounge Cannibal Corpse...

Good guess.

Guys, not that I dislike you, but I don't think that such streams with the developers are a suitable format for such announcements. Dunno, it always seemed to me that the developers themselves dont really like all this participation in streams, and most people are not so interested in watching it. I think a short prerecorded video going through the key things in the patch would be more appropriate.

I think the streams are a process.

I concur in that CDPR didn't quite do the amount of work they did justice. They tried to explain how hard patching is but they should've really showed how much they patched instead.

• They should've focused more on what CDPR is doing right now.
  • Should've been more prepared.
  • They should've scrolled through the patch list live. It's massive.
  • Making the stream "fun" by doing those little side things did feel a bit forced and I would've rather had a realistic talk about the game instead.
  • The stream could've been better with maybe just two people, or fewer in general.
I think the problem right now is that if they had done what you said people would've just said : "What, this is all we get?".

CDPR is in a position where they'll receive flak no matter what they do. They have to dig themselves out of a big hole. And it's gonna take a while for them to do so... with a lot of crap being flung at them along the way.

I think the streams are better because they show a human side to CDPR. These are real people working on the game who despite the state of it want the game to be as good as we want it to be. Had they made a pre-recorded video it would've just come off as more robo-CEO talk.

Top Bottom