What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

+
Well if driving a car/motorcycle was more enjoyable, we might quicktravel less.

At the very least, I have to give thumbsup to CDPR for not including obvious time-wasting quests which regularly make you travel across the entire city. That is actually huge. If you coupled those with lack of quicktravel... ugh.
It's not from me at the start, it's a quote from Miles Tost, a CDPR Level Designer.
It was very fun during the Stream, when he said that, when Amelia choose a TP point to go out of the V's building :D

Now it's a great game, but I'm not sure it's possible to "repair" it to what it was supposed to be originally, because that would be a completely different game in some aspects.

Accompany each patch release with a live Dev Q&A shortly after release. Select a mix of management and developer heads to speak. Have one of the official Community Managers host and facillitate.

Collect questions from the community BEFORE the Q&A and select those questions for candid real-time answer during the Dev Q&A.

Publish a more detailed roadmap that includes monthly cadence - not just technical items on the backlog, but what is intended for release and when? Publish it, update it and release it regularly.

Publish a list of user feedback regarding features and improvements by collecting them from the users - create a Wishlist section - this board software allows voting on topics (?) Publish it, update it and release it regularly.

Publish the top 20 or 30 WL items - that shows engagement and even if they can't be fulfilled either immediately or at all, it gives feedback that the devs can't get easily browsing through the hundreds of tickets or posts on this board.

These are some of the effective techniques used by other publishers who have massive code base / complex games currently in-market. There are so many ways CDPR could improve their communication other than these "N54" faux broadcasts.
You make some really fair points on the ways in which they could improve communication. I think the pre - patch stream was a massive step in the right direction and I'm sure their level of professionalism will improve if they keep doing them. Felt like a ground up idea not a top down one.

It seems to me that the directors are keeping their heads down (I imagine they are well aware of the level of muck slinging they'd be subjected to) and letting the most passionate devs take the floor. At the end of the day they're devs who also happen to be twitch streamers, not pr trained media spokespeople.

I like the wishlist, but I can see how at the moment CDPR should be wary of that as a published wishlist could then easily become the next yt/forbes hyped broken promise.

I just want to thank CDPR team for all the hard work. It's much appreciated! You guys and Mike Pondsmith created such a special game. None of you guys deserve the abuse. Gamers™ are so damn hypocritical and toxic. As much as I like playing video games, I totally detest the culture. It's a cesspool of toxicity. You guys let anyone who isn't satisfied to get refunds. Not all companies are that generous.

Off-topic posts about "cut content" and just general complaints (unrelated to this topic) about the game deleted.

Ok, so... after having spent some time in Night City, I can say that Patch 1.3 really feels like an update!

Here's where I've noticed improvements:
  • Traffic
  • Sound balancing
  • User Interface
  • RT reflections

Keep it up! :cool:
Addition for PS4:
+ Much smoother and faster processing.
Selling multiple things at once used to take long time between clicking an item, the game processing it to the selling cart, then clicking next item and so on and so on. this process has now increased in speed much! :)
+ The Minimap navigation makes the driving (incl for missions) much more enjoyabe because now you actually see a turn coming up before you've passed it already.

Finally updated, thank you for receiving the gift mentioned by Judy in the message. But it’s a pity that the options for talking to her are not new. It's like Judy and the person on the message are not the same one.
In addition, some of the photos in the information sent by the character to the player cannot be displayed. For example, the photos she passed to the player cannot be displayed after completing the task of Nancy.
There is also Judy's drunk text message about whether there should be a selfie. It was mentioned in the conversation but I didn't see the picture.
I hope it can be improved, and the subsequent DLC hopes to increase the plot. After all, most players have already played to the end, and it takes more attraction for everyone to reopen this game.
The above suggestions come on!

Finally updated, thank you for receiving the gift mentioned by Judy in the message. But it’s a pity that the options for talking to her are not new. It's like Judy and the person on the message are not the same one.
In addition, some of the photos in the information sent by the character to the player cannot be displayed. For example, the photos she passed to the player cannot be displayed after completing the task of Nancy.
There is also Judy's drunk text message about whether there should be a selfie. It was mentioned in the conversation but I didn't see the picture.
I hope it can be improved, and the subsequent DLC hopes to increase the plot. After all, most players have already played to the end, and it takes more attraction for everyone to reopen this game.
The above suggestions come on!
I think something like a New Game Plus would make it far more interesting to re-play the game again. I can see there are still some issues in the inventory, and they probably have higher priority. (e.g. Sorting items by "new items" doesn't seem to work properly. When I was searching for the new DLC items in version 1.3, I had to scroll down in the menu in order to find those special items. It's not a big issue, but it certainly can be improved.) In general, I think that Judy and the quests around her could benefit from further improvements, and maybe from some additional content. She's a great character, and many people seem to like her.

I think something like a New Game Plus would make it far more interesting to re-play the game again. I can see there are still some issues in the inventory, and they probably have higher priority. (e.g. Sorting items by "new items" doesn't seem to work properly. When I was searching for the new DLC items in version 1.3, I had to scroll down in the menu in order to find those special items. It's not a big issue, but it certainly can be improved.) In general, I think that Judy and the quests around her could benefit from further improvements, and maybe from some additional content. She's a great character, and many people seem to like her.

For me the most beneficial addition would be new game+ with a option to skip braindance sequences, especially the introductory one with Judy.

They broke the cops again... They're very angry now, and be careful when you blow past them. If you whip your car around the corner now, they instantly aggro with a wanted level, and from then on the static ones will attack on sight if they were in the daisy chain of your egress while under wanted status.

I broke an entire block because I circled around while wanted, passed by static pigs, hid, then waited. After that point in time, every time I pass the threshold of their supposed perception block, I enter a state of combat, get wanted, and the same pigs want my blood whether or not I've done anything; essentially, they are stuck. Also, killing static cops will keep their bodies in the world, and the only way to get around this is to progress the story past a loading screen. This is hard to do since there are hardly any loading screens in the game. Just be careful until they fix this bug, and yes they are now aware of the issue through bug reports and emails.

Just wish they didn't have to break the existing game to fix it; it makes it feel very beta right now with some of the new bugs. If the only thing they accomplish next year is an overhaul to the police system, making them at least fightable in every sense (quickhacks please), and the only real threat was Maxtac, I would be happy. The game is very difficult to play when you don't know what you can and can't get away with because suddenly all of the police are insane and angry.

Just wish they didn't have to break the existing game to fix it; it makes it feel very beta right now with some of the new bugs. If the only thing they accomplish next year is an overhaul to the police system, making them at least fightable in every sense (quickhacks please), and the only real threat was Maxtac, I would be happy. The game is very difficult to play when you don't know what you can and can't get away with because suddenly all of the police are insane and angry.
It's funny/interesting how different people want different things. If Cyberpunk would have been made for me, the police system would be fine as it was on day 1. Why? Well, I don't get in trouble with the cops. I killed one Dude in cold blood because he deserved it, which resulted in a wanted level, so I hid on the roof and everything was peachy. Afterwards, no trouble with the cops :LOL:

But from a more objective standpoint, there are more important things in Cyberpunk 2077 than car chases, but ppl seem to be fixated on them for some reason...

Love Cyberpunk 2077 and deeply appreciate the updates. What I am hoping for most at this point:
  1. By far the most important to me: Improved inventory management. We need a way to tag weapons as favorites or something so we know a weapon is one we like. The colored background for equipped weapons and armor is great, but for weapons it can only cover 3 of them. My biggest complaint at this point because we can't equip or otherwise lock one of each type of weapon, I have to be very careful while scrapping or selling weapons that I don't accidentally sell or disassemble one of my main weapons. I've done that a few times and not realized it until many saves later if I've not used that weapon type in a while (e.g., sold an awesome sniper rifle, because my equipped weapons were a sword, shotgun, and silenced pistol). To avoid this, it takes a painfully long time to be very careful while clearing my inventory when it gets full.
  2. More on inventory: If I tell the inventory to sort by weight or type, remember that until I change it. It's a pain that I have to keep resetting that which is not as easy with a controller as it is with a mouse.
  3. Even more on inventory: when comparing the weapon I'm viewing to an equipped weapon, choose one of the same type if equipped!!! I might have a shotgun equipped and looking at shotguns in my inventory but instead of comparing to my other shotgun, it compares it to my pistol or sniper rifle. If there is a way to control what weapon it uses for the comparison, I have no idea how to do that and just find this frustrating.
And just the other things I hope for beyond small patches and quality of life improvements:
  1. A great New Game Plus feature (that gets harder but also makes it possible to level higher).
  2. Deep, complex, and long paid DLC, hopefully both doing more with existing characters and maybe introducing a few new ones

No one is ever satisfied. Even when they finally give an update and make a thing of it, people are upset.
That's a bold statement, that implies I am some kind of evertoxic player who hates a game for the sake of hate, and there is not much to dislike in CP77.

I played many games recently, and I was satisfied.
I played quake 1 rerelease, and I hadn't enough, so I played arcane dimensions and had a totally 50 hours on record, while in cp77 I have 80.

I finished Deus Ex Human Revolution and I love it.
I finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided and I love it.
It was my first playthrough of those two games.
I yelled into a screen, my words were "This is a masterpiece! This is how you should make CP77!"

That's a bold statement, that implies I am some kind of evertoxic player who hates a game for the sake of hate, and there is not much to dislike in CP77.
I dont think that person is implying that YOU are a toxic player, more that its a common thing now for a lot of people to NEVER be satisfied no matter what, even if you give them exactly what they want. I have been an MMO developer for over 25 years and have seen the entire gambit of how entitled players have become, even with things that are free. /shrug

I dont think that person is implying that YOU are a toxic player, more that its a common thing now for a lot of people to NEVER be satisfied no matter what, even if you give them exactly what they want. I have been an MMO developer for over 25 years and have seen the entire gambit of how entitled players have become, even with things that are free. /shrug
Sorry to come between on this matter, I fon't want to defend anyone or attack anyone, just give my opinion here:
that no forum benefits from generalizing anyone's opinion because the argument has been said a lot. That doesn't mean the same argument can't come from diferent places or let's remember some of us have been playing this game since day one, others just bought it and have something they realized just now

Top Bottom