What's next for Cyberpunk?

+
After finally finishing the game and really loving that ride, I have to say I'm impressed. I was a bit skeptical with the piling on for this game, but the story, quests, and character interaction sold me all the way through. Those facial animations man, seriously. The music too.

It kind of sucks not really having anybody to talk to about this game. I really want there to be a sequel or two someday like the Witcher had, because this game is the CLOSEST thing to Deus Ex with cars or something like Ghost in The Shell of my DREAMS. There's obviously so much more to this world and things they could add gameplay-wise, all the other countries and cities with High Tech, the entire Earth is CDRed's oyster, so to speak, with the Cyberpunk IP/setting.

There's certainly no shortage of story beat ideas for this type of setting.

Basically I don't want this to be the end of the character V. And I'm kind of worried if this is the only Cyberpunk game.

I think the hope is that they get it patched up and roll out some DLC that takes into account some of the fan feedback (you can quickly see from browsing the forum what threads and ideas are getting traction).

That said, despite all the flaws and nitpicking that I myself am guilty of, it was quite a ride and is a game that will stick with me.

Meh, regardless it's not like they have another game ready to launch soon. I'm confident they'll give it focus. Sure the hack is causing all kinds of legal issues, but can't see how it would impact dev teams from continuing to patch and work.

I definitely agree! This has been a blast (and still is). I am surprised at how playable it is, and when I say that I mean I thought it was going to be really hard to impossible to get through. I have played since release and as far as I am concerned it is everything I had hoped for. Money well spent!
The main reason I came in here today was I feel CDPR needs some extra support from those who DO appreciate all they have done with this game. I think the Devs did a wonderful job and I wish to reach out and say "Thanks" for all your hard work and for sticking with this.
photomode_10022021_043818.png

I played a bit over 400 hours and 6 or so playthroughs. I find that the game begins to develop more and more bugs the more times you play through it and at this point many basic mechanics don't work. Missions no longer progress, can't change the camera view while driving, lighting is totally screwed up especially when driving and NPC wild lines are overlapping. So what I hope is next is some serious stability fixes and some new content. I enjoyed the first few playthroughs despite the questionable story arcs and I have really had my fill of "Johnny Silverhand." There are a lot of features to like about the game and would like a reason to keep playing.

It will take a while to figure out if the attackers left any time bombs or backdoors; even burning the infrastructure to the ground and starting from scratch (which is challenging because of Pandemic related shortages on IT equipment globally), they also need to figure out how far back the attackers were in the system, which would define which backup archives they could trust.

If those archives are far back in time, how do you recover the gap between that last backup and the work/progress you might have created since then? Trusting a Differential that overlaps the time the attackers may have been in the system is asking for trouble.

In short, the hack put them two back instead of just the one back after the lawsuits. Again, it's going to be a long year for CDPR. And an even longer one for CP2077 players.

Don´t think it will be the only one, the hype was big, i see many players expecting for more, the cyberpunk universe got a lot of light now, soon we will see other games in this style, it happens all the time, i think cyberpunk is trending now.
IMO the biggest problem is with CP2077, how CDPR will handle the game, more time pass, more expectation grow, and less players are into the game, is not a good math, put together youtubers, media etc... looking closely for any news (bad) related to CP2077, difficult to see the future of this game.
Speaking for myself now, i made 220 hours into the game, 2 plays, i am following the news, mods etc... related to the game, but i don´t think i will be back to it so soon.

It will take a while to figure out if the attackers left any time bombs or backdoors; even burning the infrastructure to the ground and starting from scratch (which is challenging because of Pandemic related shortages on IT equipment globally), they also need to figure out how far back the attackers were in the system, which would define which backup archives they could trust.

If those archives are far back in time, how do you recover the gap between that last backup and the work/progress you might have created since then? Trusting a Differential that overlaps the time the attackers may have been in the system is asking for trouble.

In short, the hack put them two back instead of just the one back after the lawsuits. Again, it's going to be a long year for CDPR. And an even longer one for CP2077 players.

This is some of scariest comment I've seen in this forum. I hope CDPR has a good TI team to sort this out and dont let it happen again. Like you said, its gonna be a long year for Projekt Red.

I've had tons of fun playing cyberpunk 2077. I'd be definitely excited if they eventually made a sequel. Eventually. Cyberpunk 2077 is still priority right now of course. DLCs and all sorts of things to do with the game we have now.

Hypothetically, even if a sequel was confirmed. It would still be a long time before it be released. Not only do they gotta finish this game, but then actually make the sequel. Add new features. Change a few things. Scrap a few things and all around lots of things to do. Ya know how it is. :ok:

It kind of sucks not really having anybody to talk to about this game. I really want there to be a sequel or two someday like the Witcher had, because this game is the CLOSEST thing to Deus Ex with cars or something like Ghost in The Shell of my DREAMS. There's obviously so much more to this world and things they could add gameplay-wise, all the other countries and cities with High Tech, the entire Earth is CDRed's oyster, so to speak, with the Cyberpunk IP/setting.

Basically I don't want this to be the end of the character V. And I'm kind of worried if this is the only Cyberpunk game.
I got this as early Christmas present from my sister who knows I'm to genre or used to (the cyberpunk) and didn't expect much and game ended taking me by surprise. The Witcher series wasn't for me, I played through first and then second was not a product for me, played it like 6 hours or something.

Motion capture work done for this game is brilliant and the same goes for writing and voice directing and acting. For me CDPR took something that appeared a bit silly and made something from it that an adult can play and enjoy. It turned out later that tabletop game this is based on is actually quite clever, I'm not into that but credit where credit is due and I wouldn't ever have any idea about that without CP 2077.

CDPR published a roadmap a while ago. There's big patch fixing some features (I assume fixes to some perks and arms cyberware, don't know really) that was slotted for this month, but then they got hacked, which may delay things. Anyway, then there's supposed to be additional DLC story content I assume, which was set to be released H1 2021 with hotfixes and things like that on going. So there's definitely going to be more to story and I found myself curious even though I practically never come to play DLC stuff.

I sure hope Cyberpunk is something that CDPR will keep in their catalogue and keep it different from existing RPG / story driven game tropes. Economics, politics, crime, changing world, topics like that where fantasy as setting is no go as there's no J.S. Mill, J. Locke, neoliberalism, T. Sowell perhaps C. Lasch. Heck, one point of CP 2077 appears to come from that some of the writers threw Freud at Shakespeare, can't do that unless you understand both.

I also really appreciate how V is just someone, not a space ship captain or anything like that. It makes experience quite different from some other games I have played, creates new opportunities I feel haven't been explored like this before.

Thank you cdpr for the best experience in my life, I´ve been into video games since pong game and after this one atari system, game cube, ps2, ps3 and4, wii, wii u and switch and never ever had so much fun and so much deep history about life, culture and where humanity is going in the future. Cience and technology changing our lives. Cyberpunk universe is a lot more than a game even it was launched as a game, incredible piece of art. One extra comment while driving would be great that camera turns automatically as we turn right or left would be easyer to drive. I hope cdpr can work hard on this game turnig it even better.

After finally finishing the game and really loving that ride, I have to say I'm impressed. I was a bit skeptical with the piling on for this game, but the story, quests, and character interaction sold me all the way through. Those facial animations man, seriously. The music too.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm also missing the Deus Ex franchise. It's really unfortunate how Square Enix interfered with the development of DEHD. Also, even though both Cyberpunk 2077 and DEHD games are set in the cyberpunk genre, I'm glad that CDPR were able to give CP 2077 a different feel than DEHD. I'm really hoping that CDPR will continue V's story beyond the DLCs that were previously announced.

Personally, I enjoyed this game. I think my problem is that "I want more". By "more", expansions at least. Of course, this could just be my issue with open-world games; I take my sweet time, and this game was quite an enabler for that. Though, limits being imposed on how high you can level up in this game was a significant disappointment.....but, I'm an old-timer when it comes to RPG's.

Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of potential that could hypothetically be put into this game, even though the game already came out. I'm willing to accept them overhauling things if they have to. What we got of Cyberpunk 2077 being considered a test run of sorts.....call me crazy, but I'll accept it.

Personally, I enjoyed this game. I think my problem is that "I want more". By "more", expansions at least. Of course, this could just be my issue with open-world games; I take my sweet time, and this game was quite an enabler for that. Though, limits being imposed on how high you can level up in this game was a significant disappointment.....but, I'm an old-timer when it comes to RPG's.

Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of potential that could hypothetically be put into this game, even though the game already came out. I'm willing to accept them overhauling things if they have to. What we got of Cyberpunk 2077 being considered a test run of sorts.....call me crazy, but I'll accept it.

There will be more. The city exists, and it has been an enormous investment. But that investment is made. Building new content, new stories, in the city is much less complex and expensive than building the city itself for the first time. Gradually, I expect, over time, more buildings – and more floors and rooms in existing buildings – will be opened up and will be filled with content. And if the Wolvenkit project is able to deliver a good modding toolkit, or CD Projekt release their own RedKit, then the modding community can help with that process.

What we have now – wonderful though it is – is only the beginning.

There will be more. The city exists, and it has been an enormous investment. But that investment is made. Building new content, new stories, in the city is much less complex and expensive than building the city itself for the first time. Gradually, I expect, over time, more buildings – and more floors and rooms in existing buildings – will be opened up and will be filled with content. And if the Wolvenkit project is able to deliver a good modding toolkit, or CD Projekt release their own RedKit, then the modding community can help with that process.

What we have now – wonderful though it is – is only the beginning.
I hope so. I'm choosing to be optimistic about this.

Top Bottom