What's so special about Cerys that she costs so much to craft?

+
What's so special about Cerys that she costs so much to craft?

Seems to be a mostly worthless card besides being gold but I'm sure i'm missing something here.

Also what good is the queensguard dynamic in this game? You have to get them all killed and then you can use one to recover them all and add power to cerys? Seems like something you wouldn't get together in a thousand years.

One card I'm just about to mill another one to obtain is Birna Bran, that one does seem amazing.

There are more ways to get your cards in the graveyard than by sacrificing them. By putting a few Queensguard in your deck and using a card that allows you to discard them into the graveyard, I assume she'd be very useful. I don't exactly understand her either, but that's my feeling.

One card I'm just about to mill another one to obtain is Birna Bran, that one does seem amazing.

I'm afraid to say that in my experiences with Birna Bran she's more of a curse than a gift.
She's basically a spy card. Her ability is incredibly useful, but her strength will always set you back a significant amount. 9 points isn't something to take lightly so I always use her in the beginning when I want to throw the round. Using her on the second round isn't advisable and using her on the third round feels like suicide.

The way Cerys works now, I gotta admit I don't get it either. She used to call all Shield Maidens (now Queensguards) from your deck in W3 (I think KTS too). Now in Gwent you need a deck built around Queensguards and Ceris. You do at best have three Queensguards of which you have, in the third(!) round, one on your hand and two in your graveyard, plus, Ceris on your Hand.

About Spies in Skellige (little OT):
Birna Bran, I don't get why they made her a spy after KTS. With her on hand your deck is obviously all about discarding to/resurrecting from the graveyard. Maybe simply because you get an extra card?!
Udalryk, ok. You take one card from your opponent's graveyard, so both sides stay with the same amount of cards.
Donar an Hindar. You gain one card, two if you play a deck like the one I mentioned at Birna, so ... same reason?!
Kambi, makes only sense IF Kambi turns into Hemdall.

The way Cerys works now, I gotta admit I don't get it either. She used to call all Shield Maidens (now Queensguards) from your deck in W3 (I think KTS too). Now in Gwent you need a deck built around Queensguards and Ceris. You do at best have three Queensguards of which you have, in the third(!) round, one on your hand and two in your graveyard, plus, Ceris on your Hand.

About Spies in Skellige (little OT):
Birna Bran, I don't get why they made her a spy after KTS. With her on hand your deck is obviously all about discarding to/resurrecting from the graveyard. Maybe simply because you get an extra card?!
Udalryk, ok. You take one card from your opponent's graveyard, so both sides stay with the same amount of cards.
Donar an Hindar. You gain one card, two if you play a deck like the one I mentioned at Birna, so ... same reason?!
Kambi, makes only sense IF Kambi turns into Hemdall.

I still don't get how Skellige is meant to be powerful except for using the Ai crait warriors plus war cry plus commander's horn (and even then people have figured it out already and they're attacking my harmed units bringing them down too much to be effective anymore). The rest of cards I see there but I don't yet have I can't conceive how you'd use them but I know they can be used effectively because I've faced opponents pulling some outright sorcery on me, I just don't understand what they were doing.

Regarding Birna Bran, I milled some cards to get her thinking she'd be placed on my side, imagine my surprise......

I still don't get how Skellige is meant to be powerful except for using the [An Craite Warriors] plus war cry

Skellige has units that become stronger when you return them from the graveyard, there are units that will never enter the graveyard 'cause they simply come back whenever they are destroyed, there are units that get stronger whenever you discard cards, others get stronger the more cards you have in your graveyard... Plenty of ways you could play Skellige; and don't forget, Skellige is always strongest in the 3rd round.

Last edited:
Skellige has units that become stronger when you return them from the graveyard, there are units that will never enter the graveyard 'cause they simply come back whenever they are destroyed, there are units that get stronger whenever you discard cards, others get stronger the more cards you have in your graveyard... Plenty of ways you could play Skellige; and don't forget, Skellige is always strongest in the 3rd round.

I know there's a way to use combos by using cards that let you draw more cards then using resurrect cards to resurrect more resurrect cards ad infinitum and keep bringing graveyard cards with buffs, I just don't know how the mechanic works yet.

Top Bottom