What's The Real Problem? (Siege Tower & Arachas' Spawn)

+
What's The Real Problem? (Siege Tower & Arachas' Spawn)

Maybe Henselt himself isn't a problem. Maybe it's the insane buff the towers get. How about making it +1 per gold unit?
Before you say "+1 it's not enough", keep in mind that there are 5 res cards and 4 times promotions.

And maybe the same approach can be carried onto Arachas' spawn. What if making them 2 or even 1 strength units instead of 3?

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cards turned into gold by Henselt, Promotion or by any other means, should stay golden in the graveyard.

Because, if you demote a gold card to silver, using Dimeritium Shackles/Bomb that card stays silver in the graveyard and can be interacted with accordingly, so I don't see why gold cards shouldn't behave the same way.

tropit9;n8384490 said:
you prbably did not play the beta from the start. you don't remeber the horror. olgierd riding on roach...

This, it was super cray cray.

////////

Henselt just gives too much gold safety with his huge point swings. Most of the frustrating decks to play against in this patch have difficult to effect units. Henselt golds and buffed ambush cards are just too safe.

thendlessPT;n8384290 said:
Cards turned into gold by Henselt, Promotion or by any other means, should stay golden in the graveyard.

Because, if you demote a gold card to silver, using Dimeritium Shackles/Bomb that card stays silver in the graveyard and can be interacted with accordingly, so I don't see why gold cards shouldn't behave the same way.
Wouldn't that overnerf the promote mechanics? Also, that would completely screw Johnny.

tropit9;n8384490 said:
you prbably did not play the beta from the start. you don't remeber the horror. olgierd riding on roach...
Hehehe...
IAxiiYourMother;n8384540 said:
Henselt just gives too much gold safety with his huge point swings. Most of the frustrating decks to play against in this patch have difficult to effect units. Henselt golds and buffed ambush cards are just too safe.
I don't mind the promotion mechanics as long as it doesn't end up with a huge swing on gold units.
Also, Margarita seems to drop he Aretuza Adepts at random, separating the Towers from D-Bomb. Or is it the order in which the Towers and Maragrita were played?

Shouldn't we give it more time? I think it's fine if the meta changes. We might also see more cards that counter them. I play control and both gold and ambush lost against me. Mardoeme is still a powerful card but I don't see anyone use it. I don't care how much you power up your ambush card. One Mardoeme and you lost your buff. Also, Manticore Venom does 4 dmg. Most Henselt players are greedy. They want 3 Tower and if they get that...BAM Manticore. And the weather, weather are still strong. Weather + Lacerate is such a huge power swing.

HenryGrosmont;n8384580 said:
Wouldn't that overnerf the promote mechanics? Also, that would completely screw Johnny.

Firstly, as a new player, as tropit9 figured out, it just puzzles me that there isn't a consistent rule on how colour changes works once the card hits the graveyard.

Secondly, the inherent characteristics of golden cards make them almost invulnerable, to both targeted and board effects. That's why they have a reduced interactivity, including the inability to be resurrected .

I don't see why promote should be a exception as it stands.

Last edited:
Considering it's a bronze card, one strength gain on towers probably wouldn't be too bad. I don't think the deck in general is too problematic though, I usually find it pretty easy to beat. Henselt was always going to be really good when you change it so no card can interact with gold cards, I'm still not entirely sure what CDPR was thinking. I wouldn't like many nerfs to it though, I'd rather see buffs to other archetypes making them more equal - that's the problem with CDPR balancing, people bitch on here about one deck and then it gets nerfed to make everything more boring rather than just adding more counters which would probably be a better answer, considering its beta.

PandaLin;n8384730 said:
Shouldn't we give it more time? I think it's fine if the meta changes. We might also see more cards that counter them. I play control and both gold and ambush lost against me. Mardoeme is still a powerful card but I don't see anyone use it. I don't care how much you power up your ambush card. One Mardoeme and you lost your buff. Also, Manticore Venom does 4 dmg. Most Henselt players are greedy. They want 3 Tower and if they get that...BAM Manticore. And the weather, weather are still strong. Weather + Lacerate is such a huge power swing.
Why giving it more time when it's clear that there is a problem?
Also, it's not about can or cannot beat that. Let's not dwell into that.
But as many did before, you're bringing and irrelevant point: "Have a deck that just counters Henslet but loses to the rest".
Many NR players, at least where I play, are smart enough not to position the Towers all together. There's also Margarita's spawn that makes the separation.
How many Mardroeme shall we carry in the deck 3? 10? Before using them, we need to demote golds too. Can I remind to that you can first turn the towers gold and keep buffing them after that? There are also 5 ways to res the Towers and four to promote them. One res promotes it instantly.

Also, Ambush loses against Henselt any day. It also loses against Consume, another Scoia deck and often against Skellige as well. Not a top deck by any means.
thendlessPT;n8384790 said:
Firstly, as a new player, as tropit9 figured out, it just puzzles me that there isn't a consistent rule on how colour changes works once the card hits the graveyard.

Secondly, the inherent characteristics of golden cards make them almost invulnerable, to both targeted and board effects. That's why they have a reduced interactivity, including the inability to be resurrected .

I don't see why promote should be a exception as it stands.
I could make a case that this is NR special. However, while you have a point, I thin kthe mechanics isn't the problem here. The crazy buffing is. Even after the promote.
SkippyHole;n8384920 said:
Considering it's a bronze card, one strength gain on towers probably wouldn't be too bad. I don't think the deck in general is too problematic though, I usually find it pretty easy to beat. Henselt was always going to be really good when you change it so no card can interact with gold cards, I'm still not entirely sure what CDPR was thinking. I wouldn't like many nerfs to it though, I'd rather see buffs to other archetypes making them more equal - that's the problem with CDPR balancing, people bitch on here about one deck and then it gets nerfed to make everything more boring rather than just adding more counters which would probably be a better answer, considering its beta.
I wouldn't like nerfs (in a pure sense of this word) at all. Some tweaks, absolutely. There are at least two ways to deal with it without touching the promote system:
a. Keep it as it is but make it +1 buff
b. Change it so that after the promotion the buffing stops. Like if 7 cards were promoted and three towers are among them, only 4 provide buff for the towers - meaning each goes gold for a total 4(base)+2(NR passive)+8(ability). That's it, it doesn't get a buff from itself or other towers. If you managed to buff the tower before and then promote, good for you.
However, I don't like the second notion. One strength per promote should do the trick, imo. Or at least it's worth a try.

Same goes for making Arachas 1 point strong. Don't want to change the mechanics or anything drastic. But the whole combination of consume provides an insane amount of value. Which I think should be toned down and make Control decks viable again.

I believe that 'Promote' in its current state serves as THE faction special card (similar to Resurrection etc.) that allows for unique and sometimes broken effects. Could a possible upgrade to Silver smooth out the situation? You would still keep 2 activations (incl. Henselt).

thendlessPT tropit9 I agree that once a card turns Gold it should stay gold in the graveyard.
I wasn't around for the early days but I can only assume what was happening. So, make it that if a card turns Gold it can't be resurrected / or come back unless you have a card that specifically resurrects gold cards. In other words, if you turn Roach gold he can't come back from your Graveyard if you play a gold card. OLgierd doesn't comeback the next round etc.

Henselt should promote 5 adjacent units and not 7. I think this nerf is a must to him and will be equal to demiritium bomb and commanders horn.

HenryGrosmont;n8383990 said:
Maybe Henselt himself isn't a problem. Maybe it's the insane buff the towers get. How about making it +1 per gold unit?
Before you say "+1 it's not enough", keep in mind that there are 5 res cards and 4 times promotions.

And maybe the same approach can be carried onto Arachas' spawn. What if making them 2 or even 1 strength units instead of 3?

Thoughts?

i think the nerf will come to the siege towers, NR passive + siege towers makes them a little too crazy.
but arachas are 3 strength and not 4 for a reason. and lacerate was not changed by positioning patch for a reason. sure MS consume can buff them up but still they are stacked on the ranged row there is always at least 3-4 arachas on the row that you can take care of 9-12 strength with a lacerate and if they slip and miscalculate igni is always an option too. compared to what they were nekkers got nerfed hard and i think nerfing arachas as well would cripple MS consume. slight nerf like turning them from 3 to 2 strength maybe but anything more will be a critical blow

Michelazz;n8386720 said:
Henselt should promote 5 adjacent units and not 7. I think this nerf is a must to him and will be equal to demiritium bomb and commanders horn.

so having the ability of killing NR gold with a D-bomb in the siege row at the end of the round? how about no? makes more sense to play around with the ability of siege towers.

Last edited:
Putting the towers at Str 5 instead of 4 and limiting the gold buff at +1 would probably solve most problems.

And btw, Henselt should affect 5 units, not 7, I do not see why he should go past Horns/Dim.Bomb's range.

Generally speaking, though, I'm among those who think the NR passive ability could use a rework.
Abusing of Promoting/Resurrecting creates huge power swings no other factions are capable of, not to mention that Shani is an autoinclude for any NR.
I hope the next patch comes soon, right now it's quite boring.

Ruthless95;n8386810 said:
i think the nerf will come to the siege towers, NR passive + siege towers makes them a little too crazy.
but arachas are 3 strength and not 4 for a reason. and lacerate was not changed by positioning patch for a reason. sure MS consume can buff them up but still they are stacked on the ranged row there is always at least 3-4 arachas on the row that you can take care of 9-12 strength with a lacerate and if they slip and miscalculate igni is always an option too. compared to what they were nekkers got nerfed hard and i think nerfing arachas as well would cripple MS consume. slight nerf like turning them from 3 to 2 strength maybe but anything more will be a critical blow
Oh, that's for sure. But I do think that some sort of a fine tuning is required.

Ruthless95;n8386810 said:
so having the ability of killing NR gold with a D-bomb in the siege row at the end of the round? how about no? makes more sense to play around with the ability of siege towers.
About this, can someone confirm that Margarita spawns Aretuza Adepts randomly on a siege row? Is it by design?

Just to play devil's advocate here: Promoting units with insane buffs at the end of the round is ok but D-Bomb isn't?

Edit.
Thanks to the mods for fixing the title.

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n8387180 said:
Just to play devil's advocate here: Promoting units with insane buffs at the end of the round is ok but D-Bomb isn't?

the whole NR gold is about winning that way, siege towers prisilla nenekke shani are invested into making a final big strength on the board while D-bomb is a single card costing 80 scraps.
it's like locking that 18 strength trouviel with a cleaver if locking ambush cards become available.
think about it, why would anyone want to play NR gold if a D-bomb can make short work of them? henselt becomes irrelevant again. you currently can D-bomb 5 units out of the 7. that's only 2 extra cards are those 2 really the problem? with the suggested change henselt and foltest will join radovid and francesca in the useless leader's club and NR can cease fire and operations. henselt 7 and 3 promotes 9, excluding shani NR can promote a maximum of 16 units total. the number of promoting units should not even be touched in NR, only that the amount of buffs should be revised.

Last edited:
Ruthless95;n8388250 said:
the whole NR gold is about winning that way, siege towers prisilla nenekke shani are invested into making a final big strength on the board while D-bomb is a single card costing 80 scraps.
it's like locking that 18 strength trouviel with a cleaver if locking ambush cards become available.
think about it, why would anyone want to play NR gold if a D-bomb can make short work of them? henselt becomes irrelevant again. you currently can D-bomb 5 units out of the 7. that's only 2 extra cards are those 2 really the problem? with the suggested change henselt and foltest will join radovid and francesca in the useless leader's club and NR can cease fire and operations. henselt 7 and 3 promotes 9, excluding shani NR can promote a maximum of 16 units total. the number of promoting units should not even be touched in NR, only that the amount of buffs should be revised.
I agree with you, nerfing Henselt isn't going to solve the problem. As you see, my only viable suggestion was to reduce the tower buff to +1... But only if Margarita will spawn just like the others do and not randomly.

People complaining about Henselt is laughable. Towers are the problem, not Henselt. Change Towers' strength to 6 (5 would be too low) and make the buffs 1 per gold. They'll be perfectly balanced them.

Now, one thing that does bother me about NR, and I hope I'm not tripping ballz here but...
From the official patch notes: http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D...38urjqsh3l.pdf

"Reinforced Trebuchet strength changed from 5 to 4."

Why in the hell are these stupid Trebuchets SIX (6) instead of 4 like they should be and like it says on the patch notes?
As bad as the towers are, at least they're, at some point (unless Shanni'd), "Maticorable". These hella annoying Trebuchets aren't and they love getting them up on the res chains. I don't know what happened there but THAT really needs some looking into.

As for Arachas, just make the Arachas Behemoth a 8 or 9 instead of 6 and make it a silver. The problem is the stacking of Arachas when they have 2 or more on the field. You only have so many lacerates and you know that in a breeding deck, those things never stop popping their babies. Making it a silver will limit opponent to only having 1 of them. That or I suppose, as OP mentioned, make the babies 2. Won't fix the problem but at least it'll be less painful and people won't whine about them as much.

Finally, if I see another person complaining about Ambush, I'm gonna punch a hoe. They're not OP by any means. Toruviel and Schirru are GOOD, sure, but that's why they're silver and gold respectively. Meanwhile we have armies of towers, arachas, and trebuchets all up on ma' business.

Last edited:
On NR, I just disagree on making towers 6. Still too strong.

Making Behemoth silver is a nice touch, I'm just not sure the devs will go that far. I'm also not convinced that making the babies 2 will solve the situation. Either silver Behemoth or 1 stregnth, imo.

And yes, Ambush is ok as it is... although it's a different story.

Top Bottom