Whats the STRONGEST monsters archetype in midwinter patch?

+
Based on what I've seen the previous season the current one, Nekkers Consume is the most viable even though there are decks the counters it heavily.

Basically, based on my experience, the 3 options are:

1 Nekkers consume

2 Moonlight/Ciri/Dagon

3 Eredin/Moonlight/Frost/Ciri

Speaking for myself, I find the Moonlight/Ciri/Dagon more reliable than Nekkers on the ladder (I got R20 past season, and I could have hit 21 for sure). But I can't tell what tier it falls. Maybe 2?

About Eredin, IMHO it sucks hardcore, bad mulligan and bricked hands too often. No way.

Last edited:
For me Monsters are dead, in this wardancer meta i had to switch to SK.
​​
​​​​​​ my moonlight fog deck was to low tempo and werewolf has scorch nightmares. I tried werecat but slavedrivers use them to kill my sirens.
:mean:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pruny;n10485922 said:
For me Monsters are dead, in this wardancer meta i had to switch to SK.
​​
my moonlight fog deck was to low tempo and werewolf has scorch nightmares. I tried werecat but slavedrivers use them to kill my sirens.
:mean:

You must push to win R1, then play frightener on r2 to counter the wardancer. R1 is pretty viable, especially now that dwarfs and slave drivers are nerfed. But of course, if you get a bad draw and Mulligan, it doesn't matter if u running a tier 1 deck, RNG decides... always... What I've found out is that at least my Moon/Dagon/Fog/Ciri deck has a decent thinning. Rolling golds and silvers it is pretty good r2 r3

For this deck, it is good pushing to win R1 to set up your wind condition, GY, and most important your finishers, yes, but not mandatory. Sometimes you better pass if the opponent has engines that buff up his deck.

Take a look here https://www.gwentdb.com/decks/42203-...e-foggymoon-v2

Last edited:
I'm working on making moonlight work and I've had some really good success against those consume decks with it. Granted I'm still very much WORKING on MAKING moonlight work. So I'm not quite at a high rank with it yet but I think I'll get there soon. Need.....more.....scraps.....

Been playing monsters since I started a couple weeks ago, climbed to rank 16 no problems and again on the new season with a biting cold deck, i would say wild hunt but i've cut so many of them its more of a hybrid of monster power creeps and control tools, biggest issue is lack of tempo I often lose R1 and have to set up a perfect final round but with enough move cards and row control tools you can make it happen, also the hazard makes the enemy just as predictable with placing as i'm sure my deck is to other players so swings and round abouts, although imo monsters biggest issue is a lack of win condition outside of consume (which btw is no where near as strong as this thread says imo cause its in the meta of boosting and far too many people have meta counters for that) also double archgryphin > first light helped my winrate a fair bit.

and Imlerith is crap and desperately needs a buff, same affect as ice trolls only 9 atk to make up for it, at least ice trolls can duel and 11, is it just me or do monsters suffer for finishers inside of this deck?

Last edited:
unholydoughnuts;n10759621 said:
and Imlerith is crap and desperately needs a buff, same affect as ice trolls only 9 atk to make up for it, at least ice trolls can duel and 11, is it just me or do monsters suffer for finishers inside of this deck?

Welcome to the club of the sad monster players.

Imlerith Sabbath, was designed for the Arena, and personally, I find it a toy for kids. There was a big deal on the forum after its addition to the game, about 30 pages of whining, LOL. Well, it is a card that goes okay in low ranks, only, so newbies freaked out, gne gne gne.

About the rest, with the Wild Hunt untill 16 maybe 17, you may have a fair winrate, but above those rank, prepare yourself for depression crisis. GL.

Last edited:
Moonlight could be a tier 1 deck if it wasn't due to the low tempo of the Sirens play. 4 Str, plus the frequent bricked hands, well... it is always the same story... Monsters need some STR buff, starting with the engines. And better gold finishers or removals (currently zero, imlerith vanilla is dead to gether with the WH).

Thye had the courage to nerf slyzard and monster nest, and look where are monsters now? wow

Last edited:
Top Bottom