What's the worst thing that can happen during CDPR's E3 presentation?

+
BaalNergal;n10922873 said:
They announce it's a FPS shooter collectible card game with card types locked by a skill tree, everything after the main menu (including character creation) is locked behind microtransactions, and the script was written by Uwe Boll.
So, Paladins 2077? Wow, that's harsh. Sickle hitting the balls harsh.

No Title

Riven-Twain;n10923080 said:
And an additional point from me for doing so.

Ah, the old bickering. I've missed this. :D

Attachments

• photo210119.gif
    photo210119.gif
    202.9 KB · Views: 24
Bellator_Pius_Gratus;n10920329 said:
Worst thing?

My two cents?

Well, I guess it would be CDPR showing that beep quote on screen...and then adding a sound(beep) to the text-beep.

And then they just walk off the stage.

That would really be the worst thing for me.
:eredin:

Not likely that will happen. Right devs? Right Marcin_Momot?
Love you devs! :rolleyes:

Depending on the *beep" sound that could be quite funny. 8)

But then again my sense of humor is weird..

Announcing a 2nd secret AAA RPG is gonna be a shot in the foot too. Personally, I don't care about devs' long term plans when there's no Cyberpunk to speak about in present time.

Hey Su:

I didn't want to sound ironic or disrespectful with my last message, ok?

You're a retired cop who loves video games. A smart woman. Your presence here is so cool, do you have any idea?

Actually, 90% of what I write comes from a place of self hatred and self loathing.

That's what being a borderline essentially means: you don't like yourself very much and ALWAYS expect the same hatred from others. And you end up causing it somehow. Talk about self fulfilling prophecy.

Now I'm better than some years ago, but I still struggle.

You see, I've been almost isolated for the past 5 years. I have just a good friend. He's an angel. No romantic relationships whatsoever, despite my longing to be loved and to love.

And this desert I created is still better than the sheer insanity of being in a romantic relationship!

But here I am: alone because of my extreme fear of being left alone.

Funny, eh?

I avoid people but all I want is closeness.
Anyway, I've been trying to change things a little. Slowly and gently, I've been trying to be more gentle with me and with others.

So I'm sorry if my last post sounded, eh, abrasive.

Bah, I have a bleeding heart so I just wanted to say, again, I like this community very much. And I love CDPR. You can laugh but I feel like there's this positive masculine energy about their games that I find very refreshing and healing. Especially for me who was hurt by my own father to begin with.

Ok, gotta go. I have some money to earn.

Nexus-77;n10924139 said:
Hey Su:

I didn't want to sound ironic or disrespectful with my last message, ok?

You're a retired cop who loves video games. A smart woman. Your presence here is so cool, do you have any idea?
Actually I'm a retired Marine who was a cop both in (among other things) and out (while in college) of the service, and a programmer (mainframe).

Me, I'm a border-line sociophobe ( https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=12431 ) and always have been. Guess growing up on that farm in the middle of nowhere had some long-lasting repercussions. We all have a "little" issue or two, I compensate buy being snarky, sarcastic, and a bit of a know-it-all. This tends to keep people at arms distance where I'm more comfortable with them.

So my comment at we're ALL weird stands.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10924424 said:
I hope CDPR won't show something like this in the next few weeks or at E3:

Yeah... I don't really understand why Bethesda thought Rage 2, of all the games they could publish, was the game people wanted to hear about right now.

But we'll be seeing a gameplay video tomorrow, so who knows. Could be a good game.

I don't think we have anything to worry about from CDPR, or even Bethesda, at E3, though. Bethesda is going to have a looong conference, apparently, so they'll definitely have a few non-rage 2 tricks up their sleeve.

And CDPR knows they need to show actual gameplay to the public (probably also a longer private press demo).

Snowflakez;n10924469 said:
Yeah... I don't really understand why Bethesda thought Rage 2, of all the games they could publish, was the game people wanted to hear about right now.

Better announce the less anticipated games first, so they are not overshadowed by the "bigger" releases. Should there be any BGS title to be released this year, we will probably only hear about it a week or so before E3.

sv3672;n10924538 said:
Better announce the less anticipated games first, so they are not overshadowed by the "bigger" releases. Should there be any BGS title to be released this year, we will probably only hear about it a week or so before E3.

Oh, I completely agree. It's something I was actually thinking about after writing that. It occurred to me that Bethesda wouldn't reserve a massive slot at E3 just to show off Rage 2, or really any other smaller games that people aren't as interested in. They have something big planned for sure.

I'm just wondering how soon before E3 they'll tease their big game. Didn't they tease Fallout 4 before E3? I could be mis-remembering. Part of me hopes it'll just be a big surprise, but another part of me wants to see some hint at what their "big project" will be.

Snowflakez;n10924469 said:

But we'll be seeing a gameplay video tomorrow, so who knows. Could be a good game.

Bethesda's hand was forced by leaks. I think they really intended it to be an E3 announcement to lead in to their major announcement, but the proximity of the leak to E3 made it moot.

BaalNergal;n10924646 said:
Bethesda's hand was forced by leaks. I think they really intended it to be an E3 announcement to lead in to their major announcement, but the proximity of the leak to E3 made it moot.

Fair point. It would explain how they seemed to "lean into" the leaks and just go with it.

Suhiira;n10924163 said:
Actually I'm a retired Marine who was a cop both in (among other things) and out (while in college) of the service, and a programmer (mainframe).

A Marine. Girl... you must be pretty strong/tough.

I've been taking some supplements (iron and other things) and I've been trying to work out so I can feel less of an imp.

But even in my dreams I can't imagine what a Marine goes through in his/her training.

Suhiira;n10924163 said:
Me, I'm a border-line sociophobe ( https://www.medicinenet.com/script/m...ticlekey=12431 ) and always have been. Guess growing up on that farm in the middle of nowhere had some long-lasting repercussions. We all have a "little" issue or two, I compensate buy being snarky, sarcastic.

By your comments here I can say you do compensate really well and that's cool.

Suhiira;n10924163 said:
So my comment at we're ALL weird stands.

I think that's actually a generous viewpoint. Yeah I guess we're all somewhat broken. Cortázar once wrote we're all shipwrecked in a big wild sea (not sure if my translation is doing him justice). Of course we have agency over our lives but we're vulnerable to so many things that could change so much in a heartbeat. In this sense I agree with him we're lost in a big sea.

I'm going to read that article you mentioned since I can relate to that as well.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10924424 said:
I hope CDPR won't show something like this in the next few weeks or at E3:

What atrocity is this? Barbie and Ken goes cyberpunk?

I wonder how you find these things. It can't be simply google or youtube search engines. There's got to be something else.

Ha, Bethesda... (and I like Bethesda).

oops, ok. I wasn't aware of this game.

Last edited:
Nexus-77;n10924769 said:
A Marine. Girl... you must be pretty strong/tough.
Through no fault of my own I inherited the family Viking genes.
So I'm your textbook (comic-book?) Valkyrie; 6'2" (188cm). Being the eldest child growing up on a farm I got ALL the heavy chores. Spend a few years tossing 80# (36kg) hay bales around and you too will wind up with more upper body strength then typical for a female. As I've said elsewhere I joined the Marines to get off the damn farm. Getting up at 4 AM in February when it's -20F (-29C) to milk cows in an unheated barn before school I've very VERY happily done without since I left for Boot Camp.

It's just a matter of what you're used to and consider "normal" based on where and how you grow up. Other then being tall I don't consider myself at all unusual, and I'm not when compared to other people that live on working (vs hobby) farms.

Nexus-77;n10924769 said:
What atrocity is this? Barbie and Ken goes cyberpunk?

I wonder how you find these things. It can't be simply google or youtube search engines. There's got to be something else.

Ha, Bethesda... (and I like Bethesda).

oops, ok. I wasn't aware of this game.

No oops necessary. You had it right.

That trailer is the single most ridiculous thing I've seen this month. I also love Bethesda, but still, what was their marketing team thinking? I guess it's certainly eye-catching, at least.

Suhiira;n10924805 said:
Through no fault of my own I inherited the family Viking genes.
So I'm your textbook (comic-book?) Valkyrie; 6'2" (188cm). Being the eldest child growing up on a farm I got ALL the heavy chores. Spend a few years tossing 80# (36kg) hay bales around and you too will wind up with more upper body strength then typical for a female. As I've said elsewhere I joined the Marines to get off the damn farm. Getting up at 4 AM in February when it's -20F (-29C) to milk cows in an unheated barn before school I've very VERY happily done without since I left for Boot Camp.

It's just a matter of what you're used to and consider "normal" based on where and how you grow up. Other then being tall I don't consider myself at all unusual, and I'm not when compared to other people that live on working (vs hobby) farms.

Jesus, Su. I genuinely hope we meet in person some day. You sound like a kickass chick.

And now, to bring it back to the topic at hand....

CDPR needs to avoid that Bethesda trailer like the plague (I'll admit, it got my attention), show gameplay at E3, and avoid falling into the trap of showing just a teaser on stage. That will make precisely nobody happy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom