What's the worst thing that can happen during CDPR's E3 presentation?

+
Riven-Twain;n10883971 said:
SigilFey , don't let your imagination run away with you too far. After all, frozen yoghurt is a bit of a stretch.

(Hurls the script into the fire.) This is no more successful than that tech support opera I tried to write once!

SigilFey;n10881991 said:
Whether it's first- or third-person, I doubt there will be very much "simple" about it. One thing I don't ever remember saying (or thinking) while playing any of the Witcher games:

"Oh. That's dull... Not much to it, really."

;)

maybe because of the large building you will have on the map if the character can not climb it will be disappointing

AsadaShino0821;n10884681 said:
RTS :mean:
You don't want RTS control scheme? You don't want to be a storyteller in custom campaign mode? What are you, decline enabler?

Nah, I'm pulling your leg. Seriously though, real time (with pause) and bird's view camera and starcraft 2-like controls is not uncommon in CRPGs either, this could attract two different audiences together to this game. And this one stone throw long step close to turn-based combat, which is within modders' limits.

Last edited:
Maelcom404;n10892431 said:
"Ok, we're here to talk about Cyberpunk, and I bet you guys will love what you're gonna hear..."
*screen power on behind them*

Audience:

You did a great job! Can I post this over /r/cyberpunkgame?

Last edited:
Heh. That would be rather amusing -- but most likely not.

Now, if one wished to be particularly malicious, one could suggest that Cyberpunk would be a 2D, isometric, Linux-only, RTS. But that'd be just a wee bit too cruel, now, wouldn't it?

Lisbeth_Salander;n10893111 said:
You did a great job! Can I post this over /r/cyberpunkgame?

Sure, it's just a photoshop I made in 5min from an old school shadowrun art, feel free to use it.

Maelcom404;n10892431 said:
"Ok, we're here to talk about Cyberpunk, and I bet you guys will love what you're gonna hear..."
*screen power on behind them*

Audience:

Oh man. As horrible as this would be, that is a damn good photoshop, and a good joke. Take my REDpoint.

I somehow don't have any fears, I kinda feel that what they gonna show is gonna be the highlight of E3! They know this game is very highly anticipated, I'm 100% sure they will not disappoint

CDPR appearing at e3 2018 and going full "beyond good and evil 2" by showing their recently built engine for cyberpunk 2077 and demonstrating what they wanna do for cyberpunk 2077 in the future and how the engine will help them etc etc.

sleepyhead062;n10904631 said:
CDPR appearing at e3 2018 and going full "beyond good and evil 2" by showing their recently built engine for cyberpunk 2077 and demonstrating what they wanna do for cyberpunk 2077 in the future and how the engine will help them etc etc.

Or do as EA with that Star Wars game Amy Hennig was working on, just show a footage of people working in the studio without any gameplay and have them talk about how amazing it's gonna be, then cancel it and reboot it into multiplayer only experience, because "single player games don't sell".

[h=1][FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]What's the worst thing that can happen during CDPR's E3 presentation?[/FONT][/h] Cyberpunk 2077 is a FPP !!!.....

Shavod;n10905591 said:
Or do as EA with that Star Wars game Amy Hennig was working on, just show a footage of people working in the studio without any gameplay and have them talk about how amazing it's gonna be, then cancel it and reboot it into multiplayer only experience, because "single player games don't sell".

EA is actually full of (EDIT) out-of-touch doo-doo heads. I don't even mean that in the "lul hate EA cuz reasons" way, but they are actually just not very smart when it comes to making business decisions.

Examples:

- They tried to turn Dead Space into a "mainstream" title, claiming they needed to sell 5 million copies for the franchise to stay alive (LOL!)
- They consistently buy and later close dev studios that don't live up to their expectations. They then proceed to never learn their lesson and repeat the process.
- They released a game with gameplay-affecting microtransaction loot boxes despite clear, heavy negative community sentiment against this form of MTX.''
- SimCity.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda.

...and I can go on. They never seem to understand why their failures happen. They blame everyone but themselves. I genuinely don't understand how game executives can be this out of touch.

To bring this back around to the topic at hand, CDPR has always proven to be more in-sync with the community and the true desires of the industry at large than EA has ever been. So, CDPR doing literally anything EA has done in the past and revealing it at E3 would be the worst possible thing that could happen, IMO.

Last edited:
Let's please try to avoid labeling and name-calling, even for entities. (Hard as that may be, sometimes.) The trouble with companies like EA is that it's only a few people at the upper levels of management making really, really bad calls. Their agendas move what's best for the actual games to a very low priority.

I'd say the vast bulk of EA is full of extremely hard-working and talented individuals doing a simply amazing job. It's just a shame that so few individuals can wind up trivializing the contributions of so many...solely for the sake of profit. :( Typically, it's exactly because they'd look at this argument, shrug, and dismiss it that they're so unbelievably wealthy. They achieved their primary goals.

Top Bottom