Whats this happening when im detected by someone

+
Been playing for a bit, level 31 SC:47 and I've stopped to do side missions and gigs. Which has earned me Eddie's which I've spent wildly at ripperdocs, so maybe I've installed something that has changed, but EVERYTIME I'm noticed or detected by a drone, gang member, surveillance camera or bot and the screen goes blueish with trace lines while all enemies go red and highlight thru walls and useable item gets a white highlight. It's as if everyone got put on high alert and knows I'm there. There is sound effects etc. It lasts all of 2 seconds. It's not a bug or glitch I dont think, but part of some perk or cyberware, but I cant track it down or even pinpoint when it's going to happen. If I'm 100% stealthy and dont even pique their interest, then nothing. But, if I peer around a corner too fast and catch the eye of one of them even for a second and this phenomenon happens. It's not as dramatic as the relic frying your brain, but somewhat similar. I'm sure its something I've "turned on" but what? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Your hitting the scanner key, TAB or Caps Lock on PC.

There are implants that slow time passively, but none turn your view red and blue.
KERENZIKOV - as you dodge
SYNAPTIC ACCELERATOR - as detected by enemy

An eye imp mod highlights targets that detect you.
THREAT DETECTOR - as detected by enemy

Last edited:
There is sound effects etc. It lasts all of 2 seconds.

You probably have a piece of cyberware that slows down time when you are being detected by an enemy. The screen goes blue and there's a "slow-mo" sound effect that plays. It is giving you the chance to move back to cover before the enemy finishes detecting you.

If you respond quickly when this happens, you can get back in cover and the enemy will not actually see you.

Alternately of course you can whip around and kill them before they detect you completely and sound the alarm.

Your hitting the scanner key, TAB or Caps Lock on PC.

There are implants that slow time passively, but none turn your view red and blue.
KERENZIKOV - as you dodge
SYNAPTIC ACCELERATOR - as detected by enemy

An eye imp mod highlights targets that detect you.
THREAT DETECTOR - as detected by enemy
Well, I'm on xbox S, so not on P.C. but you did hit on the Synaptic Accelerator, which is my best bet at this point. And it's a passive thing, so the only thing I do to initiate it is get caught in the cookie jar for a split. And I did have the KERENZIKOV for a bit. Dont know how I missed the specs for it or didnt equate it to what happens. I guess when I read what they did, I imagined it happening in a different way. I know it's not exactly the same, but it does have some similarities with the relic kicking your nut in. Thanks, u hit on it I think.
Post automatically merged:

You probably have a piece of cyberware that slows down time when you are being detected by an enemy. The screen goes blue and there's a "slow-mo" sound effect that plays. It is giving you the chance to move back to cover before the enemy finishes detecting you.

If you respond quickly when this happens, you can get back in cover and the enemy will not actually see you.

Alternately of course you can whip around and kill them before they detect you completely and sound the alarm.
Hey, so u think I'm getting a warning and enough time to evade with this thing? Which, btw, you're right it is cyberware, I'm pretty sure Synaptic Accelerator is the cause, but to me it doesnt seem any different then what I could do before. On innumerable occasions I've been able to pique their interests the 3 yellow lines above their head jump to a yellow eyeball that allows you ABOUT 2 SECONDS to get to cover before it jumps to a red eyeball and complete awareness. Now I get the patented slow-mo sound effect and ABOUT 2 SECONDS to get to cover. Am I missing something is there much more to it? I do sometimes also see in addition to the guy in red silhouette behind walls but abandoned cars get a white border as well as some other actionable items. But on the whole what more do I get from this cyberware over just peeking around the corner and scanning them whit your Kiroshi with 2 seconds to hide. I'm seriously not knit-picking and I am very curious about all the workings of this flawed but highly enthralling game, so I ain't yanking your chain with this kind of question.

Last edited:
Yeah it is the Synaptic Accelerator, as you have surmised. I don't think you're nit-picking at all, it's a good question - does the Accelerator really give you much of an advantage?

I have found that the two seconds of slow-motion is helpful, but only marginally. I hardly ever use that time to move in for an attack. It's just a bit of extra time for me to get hidden behind cover again. For me the major benefit is just the extremely obvious warning that I have been noticed, it's so dramatic that it forces me to immediately reverse course and get hidden again.

Yeah it is the Synaptic Accelerator, as you have surmised. I don't think you're nit-picking at all, it's a good question - does the Accelerator really give you much of an advantage?

For me the Synaptic Accelerator is a huge benefit because often I don't see the enemy who sees me, so the effect kicking in tells me I need to act. It's basically a "Someone Sees You!" alarm for me. Maybe not necessary for everyone but it helps me a lot.

It's proven a huge advantage for me. It's given me enough time to disable the camera that's detected me (because I missed it), change my approach and move back into cover on stealth missions, etc.

I come from both AC and DE games. Stealth melee take outs are a big thing in there. :( Sadly side from a couple story missions in CP fail at being able to do that.

Making use of camera networks lets you mark everyone. Only way you can't do that is using an OS instead of a cyberdeck. That is where having access to the Flathead would be helpful.

Top Bottom