Whats up with gear ratios in cars?

+

Do you enjoy the shifting/gear ratios in sports cars?

• Absolutely not. Cars shift from 8000 RPM to 4000 RPM and it makes the car feel soulless.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes, the SHIFTING sounds fine to me.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
This is an extremely nit-picky post and there are more important issues that need to be fixed and addressed, HOWEVER... hear me out.

So far I'm enjoying the new 1.5 patch for cyberpunk 2077. Cars and especially motorcycles feel better and still sound really good. However, what's up with the gear ratios in sports cars? I know that this game tries to be more futuristic than other games (which I really enjoy btw), but why... why are cars consistently shifting gears from redline to half of their RPM range? It sounds really bad, especially when cars have 6+ gears and all of them sound the same. I would personally tweak the gear ratios where you don't drop to half of the RPM range and only drop around a quarter of the RPM range. Every car is different and sometimes gear shifts drop the RPM of the engine less and less, the more you shift the car. I understand this game is not a driving simulator of any kind, but it's the small things that turn a good game, into an awesome game.

If you don't know what I mean, please watch videos of fast cars accelerating at full throttle. Here are some below:

-
-
-

Please tell me I'm not alone on this.

For me (pre 1.5) ratios and lock worked as traction control and was intended. I haven't really got to try cars yet (haven't had much time to play with 1.5 and I only have Hella).

Top Bottom