What's up with Patches? I am faster reinstalling/downloading the full game

+
I'm on PC.
So Patch 1.04 got stuck at the "updating" stage at 56%
Patch 1.05 drops from 14 MB/s to 0.2 at 57% (Redownloading the game again right now and I even go up to 30MB/s there, but not with patches)
I hit pause and resume all 2 times on the 1.05 and now it went from 5GB to the full 9.1 GB in a second and says "Applying patches", but still stuck at 58%

I don't want to do it everytime, but I can download and reinstall the game in around 20 minutes.

Is the patch server something different than the game download server?
What's up with 55%+ ? Is this some conspiracy?
Is the game an AI that tries to fight getting fixed?

Last edited:
So Patch 1.04 got stuck at the "updating" stage at 56%
Patch 1.05 drops from 14 MB/s to 0.2 at 57% (Redownloading the game again right now and I even go up to 30MB/s there, but not with patches)
I hit pause and resume all 2 times on the 1.05 and now it went from 5GB to the full 9.1 GB in a second and says "Applying patches", but still stuck at 58%

I don't want to do it everytime, but I can download and reinstall the game in around 20 minutes.

Is the patch server something different than the game download server?
What's up with 55%+ ? Is this some conspiracy?
Is the game an AI that tries to fight getting fixed?
what platform you forgot to mention

Got the same problem, i'm stuck at 57% at "applying patches", i've download the 9Go and my HDD it running a 100% for the last 30min but nothing seems to happend.

I'm on window and using GOG version

I own the PC game on GOG.
Following a suggestion found online, when I'm at 57-61% percent (for dozen of minutes) I crash GOG Galaxy in the Task Manager (without pausing the installation) and the open GOG Galaxy again.
It will be again a little slower tyan expectations, but at least the progression from 57 to 100% works to the end.

Are you sure that it is for certain stalling at 100% and not just messing with the files still? There should be a verification at the end that looks at every file to make sure that it is correct. There is a lot of unpacking and repacking with the updates, and if you aren't working with a good drive, this can take a very long time to do.

I own the PC game on GOG.
Following a suggestion found online, when I'm at 57-61% percent (for dozen of minutes) I crash GOG Galaxy in the Task Manager (without pausing the installation) and the open GOG Galaxy again.
It will be again a little slower tyan expectations, but at least the progression from 57 to 100% works to the end.

That is super weird that it works, especially since regular closing and reopening and even cancel and restart does not work.
Gonna try that if next time it happens again. For now I reinstalled everything AGAIN. Downloaded the base game with an average of 30MB/s where the patch only gets 15 at MOST.
Post automatically merged:

Are you sure that it is for certain stalling at 100% and not just messing with the files still? There should be a verification at the end that looks at every file to make sure that it is correct. There is a lot of unpacking and repacking with the updates, and if you aren't working with a good drive, this can take a very long time to do.

I don't even get to 100. It stops at around 55 - 59%. Even when it jumped from 5GB to all 9GB it didn't change the percentage.

That is super weird that it works, especially since regular closing and reopening and even cancel and restart does not work.
Gonna try that if next time it happens again. For now I reinstalled everything AGAIN. Downloaded the base game with an average of 30MB/s where the patch only gets 15 at MOST.
Post automatically merged:

I don't even get to 100. It stops at around 55 - 59%. Even when it jumped from 5GB to all 9GB it didn't change the percentage.
Again, is your hard drive still working? Closing it down might be just skipping the verification process, or uncorrected file ordering. which can lead to more problems.

If it is truely freezing, and that work around fixes it, then great! Hopefully it will be fixed in the future. Either way, I would just make sure to verify the files again after patching.

New patch, same shit.
I tried the crashing through task manager, that pushed it from 56 to 59% but stays stuck there now.

Top Bottom