What's up with the mod community?

+

msxyz

Forum regular
There are quite a few 'Quality of Life' mods but most of the stuff on Nexus are nude skins, clothes that are already in games but not available to player and some texture swaps.

That's what you get when you don't have a proper toolkit. Also, interest for the game has waned and, considering that modding in a work of passion (I've been a modder myself from the late 90s to 2010 for several games) you need a lot of people playing the game and with the time/skills/patience to work on MODs.

Sadly CP2077 missed the train and, at this point, i'm doubtful the course can be changed. Maybe if CDPR released all their internal tools, this could change, but as far as I know, they're supposed to contain a lot of middleware that is locked behind licenses, so they cannot simply distribute their tools. The last hope for CP2077 could be a 'definitive edition' with beefy expansions and aas polished as possibile. This could stilkl generate a buzz and convince some disillusioned players to give CP2077 another chance. One can always hope...

Also, interest for the game has waned and, considering that modding in a work of passion (I've been a modder myself from the late 90s to 2010 for several games) you need a lot of people playing the game and with the time/skills/patience to work on MODs.
Wanted to write the same thing - lack of toolkit aside, I think not as many people are compelled to stick to the game and mod it. The replay value of CP77 is pretty small when compared to games with the most active modding communities like Skyrim, Fallout 4, etc., so I think here is much less incentive on exploring modding possibilities of CP77.

but as far as I know, they're supposed to contain a lot of middleware that is locked behind licenses,

WAIT! WHAT? Where did you hear this from?

No no no no that is not good at all. This was why we had such horrible lip syc issues (for mods) in Oblivion and new animation was so rare in Skyrim because the DEV had to remove the licensed tools from their tool set before giving it to moders.

It took almost 5 years before we (mod makers) found a way to put real spears attacks (not fake ones based on other weapon thrusts) in Skyrim because Bethesda changed their Animation control to a licensed system.

If what you say is true and effect base systems like animation or AI then this could add many YEARS to having proper moding (I.E. deep mods with many game fans working on the mods) of Cyberpunk 2077. :(

Edit: I am reading about the new Beta release of the WOLVENKIT for Cyberpunk, so either they found a way around the licensed systems "obstacle" or there is not as many to stop moders as you may have been concerned about. I will hope for the latter...

Last edited:
Modding tools for RED engine are not so user friendly like Bethesda modding tools,
and not enough seasoned coders are dedicated to CP2077's modding scene.

I wish RED engine has WIKI page like Creation Kit, cuz I wanna learn about scripting.

Dont seam like it will...they that they would help modders but so far what they released whad already been found...so it will take a wihle do develop wolvenkit to do more stuff with the game...and from what i am seeing a lot of modders are starting to move away for new games and projects...

Top Bottom