What's with people wanting to nerf everything?

+
What's with people wanting to nerf everything?

I cannot for the life of me understand why there are people wanting to nerf skill trees in this game. I mean it's an RPG, and when you level properly you get OP skills. This is the first I've heard of people suggesting nerfing a single player games skill trees. If some skills were bugged out then sure fix them, but why nerf an RPG skill tree? They aren't really that OP anyway. I mean if anyone has played Morrowind or even Oblivion the skills you can get in Witcher 3 are nothing compared to crazy builds you could get in those games. By comparison, W3 is extremely balanced. By getting OP skills in one tree you sacrifice advantages you could get in another.

If you want to only level in one skill tree and use all the mutagens to get amazing power for that tree, you'll be far less powerful in the others. Some people like to min/max, but by doing that is doesn't make the game inherently unbalanced. I guess that's just my view of it, plus if you don't share that view; this game will be extremely moddable and I assume you'll be able to change it to your hearts desire.

It is ridiculous. The "WoW" mentality has crossed over into single player games...and even hack and slash games/ARPGS where the whole point is to be OP (Diablo 3). There NEVER should be any nerfing of power in single player games. There is nothing to balance or compete against. Let us play how we like. only fix bugs detrimental to seeing all a game has to offer. That's how I feel-been playing games for 25+ years. This modern day WoW mindset is harmful and should be eradicated asap!

Couldn't agree more.

When it comes to a MP game, I get why people complain when the game is unbalanced, but when we talk about SP, it is a complete different story.
First, if you spend all your points on one skill, I think it's pretty obvious that the skill you are upgrading, will become overpowered. It's common sense.
Second, why in hell people use such a skills, if they think it turns the game too easy?

It is like complaining about driving a car too fast, because we are going pedal 2 the metal!

"It is like complaining about driving a car too fast, because we are going pedal 2 the metal!"
Hahahahahahaha

Last edited:
It is ridiculous. The "WoW" mentality has crossed over into single player games...and even hack and slash games/ARPGS where the whole point is to be OP (Diablo 3). There NEVER should be any nerfing of power in single player games.

Agree with this. People think Signs are overpowered? Don't play sign-based build, easy.

It's because people want the game to be more challenging. People like a challenge. When people figure out ways to make battles that should otherwise be hard into a formality, there's balancing needed. You can say, well don't use that tactic then, but people shouldn't have to censor the way they play so that the game is more difficult.

I'm all for using the best tactics, even if they're cheap, in order to win. However, when certain tactics/signs can be applied in the vast majority of situations then they're OP and need to be fixed. Axii is the biggest culprit right now. It makes the vast majority of one-on-one battles into a joke.

Last edited:
The game is not a challenge with the proper skills, so i nerf myself to make it hard. But i agree some skills need a nerf, is not posible to kill lvl 35-40 oponents with lvl 15-20.

well thats what happen when you hit a broader audience wich is used to " one button press win " from all the other AAA games, they blame the game instead of their low skill level and try to get better

this game is easy

I would beg the devs to not nerf anything.
They made a great game, and there will always be whiners whining...

All the people wanting this or that to be nerfed should just wait untill the modding kit is released, then they will be able to make their own supercrazydeathmatchhard game mode to run through in god mode...

Mods aren't the answer to everything. I think the answer would be to put another difficulty before Death March and then make Death March even harder. Also, a no death mode for those who wish to go that route. Either way, I think there needs to be a bit of balancing done regardless.

It's good to see a lot of people agree. I mean I remember way back when it was the goal to become overpowered in an RPG xD. Strange if that's changed, but seeing as most people don't seem to agree with nerfing I would say it probably hasn't.

Plus the guys that suggest that it's because the game doesn't become challenging, it's not supposed to be an overtly challenging game in the first place. It has great depth to its systems, but it is primarily a story driven adventure about exploration and being Geralt of Rivia. Of course I do like to play games on their hardest difficulty because it's indeed satisfying (which is why I play on death march), but it's also satisfying when you reach over the top of getting destroyed by higher level enemies to being the one doing the destroying in inventive ways.

If the vision that they had was the game as it is, then mods are indeed the answer for those that want something a little different. Plus when you suggest using the cheapest tactic takes away from your enjoyment of the game, and then proceed to use that cheapest tactic anyway it makes little sense to me. I mean I could play Pathfinder by using the cheapest tactics too, that's why a lot of DM's have house rules. If you want to make it more difficult give yourself some house rules.

There's one guy I know that completed Witcher 2 on Dark Mode with a broom. So if you guys that want more of a challenge are up for it, CDPR might give you an even harder mode like they did with us in Witcher 2. That doesn't mean they should go ahead and nerf the game for everyone else and I'm speaking as someone that likes to play hard games too.

What I'd have liked at the start of my game was a difficulty harder than normal mode (forget the name of the one just above story mode) but still regen vitality while meditating. But I suppose its not as big a deal once I realized potions all refill with a single hard alcohol while you meditate instead of having to constantly harvest the ingredients. I think I was in Velen by the time I tried using potions, since they seemed so expensive to make them over and over without knowing they refill.

I haven't done any "builds," I just put points into things that I think are interesting and so I can't speak on OP skills. I know mounted combat is a lot of fun when I realized time slows down when you hold back to swing while riding towards baddies, and can be OP if you keep a handle on your horse being afeared. Another thing I noticed after a long time playing is that your sign switches to axii when you mount, and you can use it on the horse. Was about level 15 when I realized that bit, when a quest had me use axii on another horse.

Please dont change it if you do make it harder. This happens to all good franchises when console crowd comes and trys to dumb things down.

The big difference between the nerf requests for Witcher 3 as compared to games like WoW, is that when people cry for nerfs in WoW, it is usually against other classes. In Witcher 3, people are asking to nerf THEMSELVES.

Why? Because we've played games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne. And yes we've played WoW, we've played LoL, we've played Dota2. All games with exquisite balance, such that they set the standard higher than what has gone before, very much like what Witcher 3 has already done (in the non combat aspects).

And you must understand that the main complaint is not that signs are too powerful, the main complaint is that signs are not FUN. Maybe they are fun to you, and that's okay, enjoy, but there is obviously at least a few of us who have figured out the game a little better and find the game too easy on even the hardest difficulty level. I had so much fun with even the very first fight in the game against the ghouls on Death March difficulty, dying at least half a dozen times before figuring out how to dodge and counterattack. It was so exciting to kill level 4 drowners or level 6 nekkars when I was level 2. Why was it fun? because I had to think quick, I had to engage my reflexes, I had to make good decisions or I would lose. Now? I can kill contracts 15 levels above me by pressing 1 button. The game went from super exciting to boring.

With the right choice in signs, the difficulty level in Death March becomes Just the Story. If you enjoy the game at an easier difficulty level, keep enjoying! But clearly there are those of us who would like a challenge, maybe another difficulty level. Signs are just way too boring right now, compared to the creativity and gracefulness of pure sword combat (and Strong Attack needs to be fixed, it's so weak)

people complain about everything being op so they can then complain about everything being under power, complaining is a way of life my friends.

How is axii op when it does what it supposed to do and you can't use it on all monster types. Geralt should have an edge having all these skills.

Top Bottom