What's wrong with Triss Romance Scene

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that mods can add content... But I think we can also agree that what made Triss in The Witcher 3 such a great character was the writing staff of CDPR, her lovely voice actor and these jaw-dropping facial expressions. And I don't think mods can replace that, unfortunately :(

I'm not really looking for more sex scenes, just more stuff to do with her. As you said, her scenes with Geralt are so sweet.

In most countries, it was the games that introduced us to the Witcher world. Personally, I read the books waay after playing both games. So I think a great part of the fanbase feels more connected with Triss.

What about a third expansion featuring more of Triss? I think this fanbase created in the first two games would love that. I know I would :(

Agreed :)

Maybe the rose was "destroyed" due the spell, which binds Yen and Geralt together.

Yen and Geralt both died already, which appears to have vanquished the curse of the Last Wish. Recall the rose survives Triss's disappearance in TW2, meaning it was given in love.

EDIT: The curse's status is under question, since depending on your order of play, it might not matter. So not an important plot detail for the rose.

The rose is also a logic flaw itself. In Witcher 2 you give the rose to Philippa for the healing of Saskia and now, Triss have it again? Mhm... not sure.

The giving is symbolic, meaning that it's still Triss's rose even if it's used by another. She could toss it in a desert, come back later, and it'd be alive, providing the person who gave it to her still loves her (or died loving her, since the legend is 'forever', which implies beyond life).

Last edited:
I too vote for an Expansion where we can know Triss more (even Triss as Child) and play her Story, what happened with Triss when Geralt was away etc.
Ofcourse more of Sexy scenes with triss this time long, steamy and different ones.

I will definitely consider the announced expansion packs based on How the romance scenes play out
if its a generic character swap with same old dumb short sex scene
I WILL NOT GET the Expansion packs :(

I have now finished the game and I feel even worse about the Triss "Romance" now then I did before completing the game. The focus on all quest interaction was give the Yen. I can understand this to an extent as Ciri is very important to both Geralt and Yen. However, it is established that Ciri is also important to Triss as well. The game is clearly designed to guide the player towards choosing Yes over Triss, and if you don't then the game feels punitive towards us (The Player) for not choosing Yen. We suffer less dialog, fewer dialog options, fewer quests and fewer appearances in the main story quests. The Triss "Romance" feels more like it was an after thought for the CDPR. That a writer or producer asked when they were wrapping up the script, "Hey should we include Triss as a romance?" And they added a white wash worth of content on the game to give us a "Romance."

I spent most of the game after choosing Triss expecting to find Triss and Yen fighting. Yen is very confident and hot blooded woman, and being turned down by someone she loves obviously leaves a wound. She would snap at or at least say something to Triss about it. Triss also being a confident strong woman would defend herself while attempting to be apologetic. One of the many reasons I like Triss over Yen is Triss is empathetic and compassionate. Triss cares about others and their well being, so Triss would feel terrible about Geralt choosing her over Yen, but she loves Geralt and stand with that love. Which could have introduced a romance (not sex) scene between Geralt and Triss of reassuring her along with giving her back the Rose of Remembrance and have it no long be dead, but alive and forever blooming. A small romantic side quest for Triss and Geralt.

Ciri doesn't even make any mention of the romantic situation. She acts as though nothing is going on at all. The only character that does mention something about it is a tertiary character on the one quest you do with them. Which was a quest I was hoping I could choose to take Triss on, but nope CDPR didn't give me a choice.

Even the ending with Triss left me with a hollow feeling because it felt tacked on. Again it felt as though it were an after thought. When the final quest starts we get one scene with Triss. The rest is all Yen. I do not understand the bias CDPR has against Triss.

I started a new game on Death March and I decided to romance Yen this time, but the more I think about it, I am not sure I can do it.

Last edited:
I don't think that Triss needs a full on expansion (and I definitely don't think they would do that). 10 hours of content on one character is overboard.

DLC adding more integration of Triss into the story and options to NOT fawn over Yen would be well appreciated. Even the fawning I could deal with considering most of it is prior to the Last Wish quest. Just integrate Triss into a few more key areas, give her some more dialogue options, and I think we would all be happy.

Yeah, Triss doesn't need an expansion but she could play a part in one especially if there was some dialogue options (could be relating to her relationship with Geralt or something about her own personal life), and maybe a side quest or two that she joins Geralt on. That would be all that is needed.

Shush guys, we should shoot for the stars - Triss needs an expansion^_^!

On a more serious note: she probably indeed doesn't need a full expansion. That doesn't mean I wouldn't totally love a Triss expansion and that I would play the hell of out of such an expansion. More interactions with the main story and other characters, some explanation as to where she was after the lighthouse scene, some explanation what happened in between W2 and W3 and again, more interactions and reactions to other characters would take away a lot of my criticism.

Probably forgetting a thing or two, but it's early in the morning. Nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
Yeah while you did put some good ideas out there, problem is it takes time and money to develop an expansion focusing somewhat on Triss and still satisfying all the other non-Triss fans, so i don't know, we may have to wait till next year. Although i am curious about what the remaining 12 dlc packs are (i think a couple are alternate looks) but who knows maybe there is a side quest that might involve Triss! (probably wishful thinking at this stage).

Originally Posted by GamerRage
Now screen time aside, the dialog and quests that are provided to us for both Triss and Yen favor romantic and flirtatious dialog with Yen and more awkward and apologetic dialog with Triss. I can understand that for Triss for the first quest or two that Geralt can do with Triss, but the romance between Geralt and Triss has been growing and built upon in the previous two Witcher games. The should be a bit awkward around each other when they meet again but if the player chooses to romance Triss the dialog and character interaction should reflect this; it doesn't.
Do remember Geralt practically fled back to Yen. If you look in the top floor of Triss's digs, the rose of remembrance is dead, meaning Geralt doesn't love her any more.

If you had lost your memory and recovered it to find you had loved someone so deeply as Geralt did, wouldn't you leave to search for her as well? Even if your search was simply to find her and see her again. A search that wasn't for to find your true love again. Just a search to find that person and see them. I would.

Geralt has been through so much with Triss after loosing his memory that Yen is not his only possible true love at this point. And the Rose of Remembrance could have been a side quest to bring it back to life after choosing Triss. Which would solidify your decision of picking Triss. They could have even taken that Rose and used it for the Yen romance as well. Kind of douche move taking the Rose from Triss and giving it to Yen, but Yen is that kind of woman. I am not a big fan if Yen.

@GamerRage

Agreed overall, although I still think the awkward dialog was okay...the real issue I have is that it takes up too much of their story. If her story was extended to the length of Yen's, that'd resolve the issue.

Searching for Yen? She didn't even bother looking for you, when her memories were back! Classic her.

EDIT: Of course, I'd look for her, it's just disappointing to see her side of it.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure everyone here is with you on that. The fact however remains that, after (guess i'll put it in a spoiler tag ;))
you tell Triss you love her, she barely gets any face time - she simply disappears. The first time you can really converse with her again, is in the 'find Phillipa quest' and that's pretty much all business. She has virtually no content besides that. You can find her in a room in Dandelion's brothel/inn, but she doesn't really do/say anything.
Adding to that, she barely has any banter/conversations/interactions with other characters - especially Ciri/Yen. While Yen on the other hand has many, many interactions with Ciri and Geralt+Ciri. Isn't Triss suppose to be BFF's with Yen and be like Ciri's big sister? Moreover, when Yen kisses Geralt in front of Triss, she barely even react, let alone talk to Geralt about it.
So when Phillipa talk about their unhealthy 4 people dynamic, I felt somewhat sour and felt Triss deserved more. We had seen a lot of interactions between Yen, Ciri, Geralt and any combination thereof (which was great btw), but nearly no interactions between Triss and Ciri/Yen.

So in short: our problem is not that Yen gets more face time, it's that Triss gets too little(it is not a comparative problem). There also are holes in her story, her interactions are very minimal and less complex (don't tie into the main story and/or into other characters).
I guess there are also some people that are disappointed with the sex scene, but I feel that's a minority. Besides, you set yourselves up for a disappointment here with the great elven bath scene from TW2 ;).

But I guess pretty much everything has been said in earlier posts in this topic, and I have no doubt we'll sum up all our 'grievances' at some point. ;)

Agree 100% with everything you said in the spoiler comments. While i love the game, didn't have any issues with the sex scene, love what Triss content there is, it feels like she gets too little of it. As if she's treated as an inconvenience.

Just started my second playthrough, the game is an absolute masterpiece. The only grip I really have is the lack of scenes where you can interact with Triss. I really liked her in the previous games and think she deserved a few more scenes( was really disappointed when after the Kaer Morhen battle you could speak with anyone but her). Also I expected more scenes where Triss and Yen interact with one another and Geralt.

I know that there will be two big expansions in the future, and I would really like to see Triss making an appearance in those(especially in that Blood and Wine one, seeing how she likes high society festivities). The developers said in the announcement that we can expect to see characters both new and dearly missed (hopefully this includes Triss). If not it would be nice to at least have a short one mission DLC with her, where you could talk to her a bit more. Please CDPR give us more Triss.

See, I'm really hoping "dearly missed" means Iorveth and Saskia. Was so bummed I didn't get to do anything with them. I reaaaally wanted to see Kalkstein too. Even got excited when they mentioned him in Novigrad. But then they mentioned he died right away. He did, however, die in the coolest means possible in the entire universe. In fact, I'm making it my new sig.

RADOVID SUCKS FLACCID COCK!

---------- Updated at 09:50 PM ----------

I agree that mods can add content... But I think we can also agree that what made Triss in The Witcher 3 such a great character was the writing staff of CDPR, her lovely voice actor and these jaw-dropping facial expressions. And I don't think mods can replace that, unfortunately :(

I'm not really looking for more sex scenes, just more stuff to do with her. As you said, her scenes with Geralt are so sweet.

In most countries, it was the games that introduced us to the Witcher world. Personally, I read the books waay after playing both games. So I think a great part of the fanbase feels more connected with Triss.

What about a third expansion featuring more of Triss? I think this fanbase created in the first two games would love that. I know I would :(

I'm part of a team already laying the groundwork for a series of mods for Witcher 3 based on the original Sapkowski novels - so there will definitely be more Triss content. As well as a way to see a more Sapkowski-ish take on the character of Yennefer.

P.S. If anyone wants on board with this team, send me a message. :)

See, I'm really hoping "dearly missed" means Iorveth and Saskia. Was so bummed I didn't get to do anything with them. I reaaaally wanted to see Kalkstein too. Even got excited when they mentioned him in Novigrad. But then they mentioned he died right away. He did, however, die in the coolest means possible in the entire universe. In fact, I'm making it my new sig.
Dearly missed probably relates to Shani as much as i want expansions to give more Triss content.

I think we can safely say, as regards Triss romance arc, CDPR did a right 'ol Bioware botch job on it. Anyone remember the Morrigan debacle and Witch Hunt dlc?
We can only hope the awesome godlike devs at CDPR do a real good DLC (i will throw money at you guys) addressing all romancing and possible followers

I think we can safely say, as regards Triss romance arc, CDPR did a right 'ol Bioware botch job on it. Anyone remember the Morrigan debacle and Witch Hunt dlc?
We can only hope the awesome godlike devs at CDPR do a real good DLC (i will throw money at you guys) addressing all romancing and possible followers

Oh, come on. Even with the way they did Triss in Wild Hunt, it's not fair to call them BioWare.

Oh, come on. Even with the way they did Triss in Wild Hunt, it's not fair to call them BioWare.

Indeed. What little time in TW3 spent with Triss was better than the entire time with Yennefer. To make so many of us give a damn about the Triss+Geralt story...CDPR, you've outdone almost all romance plots in movies...but why stop with just a few quests to finish it? It deserves so much more than this.

Last edited:

I think it is now, Inquisition moved closer to CDPR in the "make romance scenes more adult" direction, and TW3 moved closer to BioWare in the "leave underwear on in romance scenes and don't show lower nudity" direction. Another game form each of them and they will be almost exactly the same....

EDIT: i am only partially serious really but CDPR better be careful or they really will become BioWare level of romance quality. For some reason i can't help but feel like they took to heart some of the complaining some people did about the Rose of Remembrance scene in TW2.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here but I'd like to join the "More-Triss-Club"
I really enjoyed the few sweet moments with Triss but I'm left with wantig for more.
After the lighthouse scene I thought she would be waiting for Geralt at Kaer Morhen to build up the shaky relationship but it felt like there was some sort of cut there.
Overall it just felt incomplete and I'm not talking about sex in specific.
I do hope for more interactions with her in the upcoming DLCs or a potential enhanced edition.
Hope my english is not too bad.
Regards

I am looking, of course.

And I am also relaying information. If that will lead to anything...that remains to be seen. Obviously, the more people voice their opinion (in a constructive manner) about this, the more people here will listen.

Personally, I enjoyed the Triss romance a lot. I thought she and Geralt had, maybe not as many, but much more touching scenes. I remember for the first time getting to the
Vegelbud residence and seeing her tipsy. I also remember when I first had the scene at the harbor where you openly confess Geralt's feelings and she still walks away...only to return. And especially the moment they share at the Fountain when she confesses what her plans are.

Overall, yes, there may not be as much naked skin of Triss in the game. Maybe there are not as many quests with her involved. But the moments that are there I (again, personally, my humble opinion) touched me a lot more than the scenes with Yennefer.

It’s good to know information is being relayed. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that something comes of it to improve the experience, whether through an expansion or something else.

I’ll go on record as saying I enjoyed the romance. All the substantial romantic moments hit the sweet spot as well as the epilogue. So I’m grateful she was included even if I’m frustrated too.

I don’t really need more Triss naked skin, though I wouldn’t complain if a second encounter occurred. Something more in the final act, preferably a mission but even if it was just extra dialogue whilst she is guarding would certainly help.

However the main problem for me relates to middle Kaer Morhen portion. Her unexplained absence is an issue. Sure she’s an independent woman but she’s a sorceress so the vast delay in travel is problematic. The fact everyone assumes Geralt is with Yen during these sequences and there aren’t any dialogue options to express a reactivity to the Triss relationship is an even bigger issue. At this stage Yen gets a
2nd love scene or a scene where the Geralt stands up to the others Witcher’s about Yen whilst drinking.
Yet there are no options to acknowledge Triss to Yen or the Witchers during the conversations where Triss and his relationship to Yen come up?

Further unsatisfying bizarreness ensues with Yen
passionately kissing Geralt whilst Triss who has finally arrived at Yen’s invitation looks on without anything other than a facial reaction
, which adds to the sense of lack of acknowledgment. By the time the next romantic sequence happens I was starved of any acknowledgement of the romance since Novigrad by either Geralt or any of the other characters and was deeply frustrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom