What's wrong with Triss Romance Scene

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is her true love in the books yes, but unless we can just forget/write off everything the Reds wrote/made in previous games and this one included in a big way. Triss is very much Geralts love to me. We will be able to have a more in-depth conversation about Reds writing and why it is significant if you like once you finish the game as I will not spoil things for you.

About Triss choice... She deserved a whole lot better and you will see what we mean trust me.
I will be more than happy to discuss later, however I feel we will still dissagree. In W1 and W2 Triss was main lover true however in both games he mentions Yen as at the very least very important to him and even with Triss in W2 he especially realized who she is. Hence Yen is the main focus since we pretty much know everything about Triss and this is Yens first game. It is possible I'll detest it as much as you but we'll see.

The issue I have with the Triss/Yennefer romance options is that the game seems to be pushing us (The players) to romance Yen instead of Triss. Triss has barely any time in the game. While Yen has a great deal of time in the game. I am of course referring to the screen time with Geralt. If The Wild Hunt was a movie Triss would have about ten minutes of screen time while Yen would have at least half the movie. Now screen time aside, the dialog and quests that are provided to us for both Triss and Yen favor romantic and flirtatious dialog with Yen and more awkward and apologetic dialog with Triss. I can understand that for Triss for the first quest or two that Geralt can do with Triss, but the romance between Geralt and Triss has been growing and built upon in the previous two Witcher games. The should be a bit awkward around each other when they meet again but if the player chooses to romance Triss the dialog and character interaction should reflect this; it doesn't.

And if the game is design to subtly pushes us toward Yen I have to ask why? The Witcher series has always centered around Player choice. We choose how characters develop by the quests and contracts we accept and those we don't. We shape the world and events around us by those same choices. We choose who we want to romance or not. And I expected the starting area of White Orchard to reflect that more. I expected Geralt to be dedicated to finding Yen but also he should have been thinking of Triss as well. In The Witcher 2 when Geralt gave Triss the Rose of Remembrance followed by the mad search for Triss after she was abducted that was an intimate connection shared by those characters (At least it was for me seeing as I chose to save Triss from the Nilfgardian camp). But Geralt seems to not care about Triss. The Triss Geralt was wanting to run away with after the siege was over during the prologue of The Witcher 2.

I will say that the model animation for Triss during the one love scene we get for Triss was disappointing. It was disappointing because it was the same animation we can see if we visit a brothel.
TRISS IS NOT A WHORE!
Respect should have been given the the character and at least given her her own unique animation. Yen has her own unique love scene twice. Again it seems the game is designed to pushes us to romancing Yen instead of Triss. This feels punitive to me. It feels as though the developers are giving us a choice between the "Right" woman and the "Wrong" woman. Both Triss and Yes deserved equal quest, dialog, and yes love scene time in the game. But Yen was clearly the favored character here.

Now if CDPR wants to release to us paid DLC that adds more quests new and old characters back to the game with new areas, awesome! But if they are going to sell us more romantic options/scenes/encounters with Triss and Yen, that sounds like an EA move. Especially since the Triss romance is incomplete compared to the Yen romance.

Now that I have said all of that I want to make one final statement. The Wild Hunt is a great game (A few game ending bugs not with standing. Please keep up the good work on patching CDPR :) ) I love the game. The story and plot are immersive, the characters are interesting and feel genuine when engaged in dialog. The only real issue I have is that when I romance my woman of choice -Triss- I am getting a stripped down romance (No, not the good kind of stripped down) that feels incomplete.

@GamerRage You hit the nail on the head. Most of the Triss related things in game just feels rushed, and incomplete. Hopefully CDPR will pull I Bioware, where they fix some of the gaps that were meant to be filled in the first place (Hopefully they do it better than Bioware, still not satisfied with ME3 ending :p).

As Madoga said, we have another thread on this matter.

You do realize that Triss is an established character (in the games) and Yennefer is new, right? We had to focus on her a lot more to introduce her to players who have no clue about who she is and what Geralt and Yennefer's story is. Fact still remains that she is a huge influence in his life and people needed to know why.

Additionally, throughout the majority of the game the choice is between Triss and Yennefer for the player (or both or neither). So we cannot really make assumptions before the endgame. We can however showcase the deep history between Yennefer and Geralt because it is written and accepted in the source material. Again, something that a lot of people would not understand if we didn't show and tell it to them.

But fear not, undoubtedly there will be mods eventually that further develop the romances. I am looking forward to those mods. :)

---------- Updated at 04:03 PM ----------

There is more interaction with Triss through Part 3, especially in Novigrad.

As for the additional Yen content...refer to my post just above.

The writing in the game is really excellent. About romance, there are many beautiful moments in the game but sometimes I personally expected more deepness and/or.... more. I mean choosing Yen or Triss as the woman of your life should mean more for the game since it's about Geralt's personal story IMHO. And as some other users I'm not speaking about sex scenes, but involvement and interaction with the characters in general, be it even the fact that you can spot your "girl" in the world and ask/say her something.. And, as reported, I also feel there are some inconcistencies in Triss' romance.

Apart from mods, of course some more work in this direction by the official team (DLC?), if possible, will surely be appreciated.
Thanks for your response and for caring. :)

+10 for everything here.

I am big fan of witcher books and games and when i got touch on this reuniting Geralt and Ciri it is amazing.
But after i finished game i feel "sad, empty" in case of other stories. Generaly before or after you finish the game, there is no way to chat with them.
The whole game is perfect, for me game of the century. Could not imagine so nice complex and huge story telling game.
However as books saga fan, it would be far more perfect if there is more dialogues with them at all. Geralt, Yen, Ciri and Triss deserves more space.

@Double_Oh_Snap
Ok I've just met up with Triss and at first I was confused and then remembered the end of TW2. No Matter if you chose to save Triss or not two things happen. Sorcerer /and Sorceresses were being killed hence the Witch hunts being default and second Triss geralt go their seperate ways. So far pleased with how they handled her so far. Let you know if that changes.

@Double_Oh_Snap
Ok I've just met up with Triss and at first I was confused and then remembered the end of TW2. No Matter if you chose to save Triss or not two things happen. Sorcerer /and Sorceresses were being killed hence the Witch hunts being default and second Triss geralt go their seperate ways. So far pleased with how they handled her so far. Let you know if that changes.

Enjoy the game =) just remember to bring the discussion over here if you wish to talk about it more later. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

I have stopped playing the game until I see whether it is "fixed" to my satisfaction at some point. The game is too big for me to expect to replay it a bunch of times as each DLC and expansion comes out anyway, but that I am able to step away from it because I know I won't get to spend much time with Triss (chapter 1 of W2...oh ya) anyway.

Yes, I will finish the game someday, it's a tremendous game, but I will wait to see whether it gets better and I see if it steps further into my wheelhouse.

I have stopped playing the game until I see whether it is "fixed" to my satisfaction at some point. The game is too big for me to expect to replay it a bunch of times as each DLC and expansion comes out anyway, but that I am able to step away from it because I know I won't get to spend much time with Triss (chapter 1 of W2...oh ya) anyway.

Yes, I will finish the game someday, it's a tremendous game, but I will wait to see whether it gets better and I see if it steps further into my wheelhouse.

Welcome! keep up the Triss support and discussion in This thread as well

Now screen time aside, the dialog and quests that are provided to us for both Triss and Yen favor romantic and flirtatious dialog with Yen and more awkward and apologetic dialog with Triss. I can understand that for Triss for the first quest or two that Geralt can do with Triss, but the romance between Geralt and Triss has been growing and built upon in the previous two Witcher games. The should be a bit awkward around each other when they meet again but if the player chooses to romance Triss the dialog and character interaction should reflect this; it doesn't.

Do remember Geralt practically fled back to Yen. If you look in the top floor of Triss's digs, the rose of remembrance is dead, meaning Geralt doesn't love her any more.

Do remember Geralt practically fled back to Yen. If you look in the top floor of Triss's digs, the rose of remembrance is dead, meaning Geralt doesn't love her any more.

Interesting, when i see the rose, i only though "just a legend, it still dead after 6 month, hah".
Now that you said it, in Witcher 2 the legend also said "when you give it to someone you love, it will live forever", mean at this point Geralt don't think Triss as his lover anymore

Maybe the rose was "destroyed" due the spell, which binds Yen and Geralt together.

The rose is also a logic flaw itself. In Witcher 2 you give the rose to Philippa for the healing of Saskia and now, Triss have it again? Mhm... not sure.

Maybe the rose was "destroyed" due the spell, which binds Yen and Geralt together.

The rose is also a logic flaw itself. In Witcher 2 you give the rose to Philippa for the healing of Saskia and now, Triss have it again? Mhm... not sure.

Actually in this game, Roche path is considered as "canon"

That explains the flaw. I imported a savegame with Iorveth.

As did I... still bummed it didn't have a greater impact on certain stuff.

Overall, I agree: The scene in the lighthouse was pretty underwhelming when compared to the elven bath scene from TW2. I mean: Awkward cuts, wooden movement, a (admittedly quite funny) joke at the end? Not really the payoff Triss fans did expect... Also: Two scenes with Yen, only one with Triss? Biased much CDPR? ;)

I'm taking a break from W3 until Triss dlc is added or the EE version fixes the problem. I already had the Yennifer experience in real life my and have no interest in repeating it with my Geralt. Once, I realized Triss was pretty much finished after I told her Ioved her I started hoping that CDProjectRed cut her content out to rip us off with dlc.

You do realize that Triss is an established character (in the games) and Yennefer is new, right? We had to focus on her a lot more to introduce her to players who have no clue about who she is and what Geralt and Yennefer's story is. Fact still remains that she is a huge influence in his life and people needed to know why.

Additionally, throughout the majority of the game the choice is between Triss and Yennefer for the player (or both or neither). So we cannot really make assumptions before the endgame. We can however showcase the deep history between Yennefer and Geralt because it is written and accepted in the source material. Again, something that a lot of people would not understand if we didn't show and tell it to them.

But fear not, undoubtedly there will be mods eventually that further develop the romances. I am looking forward to those mods. :)

---------- Updated at 04:03 PM ----------

There is more interaction with Triss through Part 3, especially in Novigrad.

As for the additional Yen content...refer to my post just above.

I agree that mods can add content... But I think we can also agree that what made Triss in The Witcher 3 such a great character was the writing staff of CDPR, her lovely voice actor and these jaw-dropping facial expressions. And I don't think mods can replace that, unfortunately :(

I'm not really looking for more sex scenes, just more stuff to do with her. As you said, her scenes with Geralt are so sweet.

In most countries, it was the games that introduced us to the Witcher world. Personally, I read the books waay after playing both games. So I think a great part of the fanbase feels more connected with Triss.

What about a third expansion featuring more of Triss? I think this fanbase created in the first two games would love that. I know I would :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom