What's wrong with Triss Romance Scene

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slightly amused that people are asking for romance content through DLC.

What happened to all the complaints about how Bioware panders to their fans with their romance simulators?

Oh the irony.

What happened to all the complaints about how Bioware panders to their fans with their romance simulators?

Oh the irony.

I'm slightly amused you can say people asking for more romance in DLC, are the same people who even care to talk about bioware. Because I want more romance in the DLC and bioware is irrelevant as I find them very different games/writting. My reason for wanting more romance is not to pander anyone. I know it's not a romance simulator nor am I asking for one. What is so wrong with asking for more/longer romance and quest content with them?

These characters shine! When Triss and Geralt or Yen and Geralt are on screen they are fantastic imo. Not everyone can pull that off I believe the Reds have. The dialogues have a lot of sincerity which is unique because of the world of the witcher and Geralt most dialogues can't. The banter and jokes between them is also very enjoyable. They fight, argue based on context and what it is happening around them. They each have there own character and personality that is shown off really well. The result of this makes it feel very genuine which is a credit to the writing and VAs. It also means though that everything I said and the quests with them (because some of those points above) are so good I am left wanting more. What is wrong with that?

Last edited:
I'm slightly amused you can say people asking for more romance in DLC, are the same people who even care to talk about bioware. Because I want more romance in the DLC and bioware is irrelevant as I find them very different games/writting. My reason for wanting more romance is not to pander anyone. I know it's not a romance simulator nor am I asking for one. What is so wrong with asking for more/longer romance/quest content with them?

These characters shine! When Triss and Geralt or Yen and Geralt are on screen they are fantastic imo. Not everyone can pull that off I believe the Reds have. The dialogues have a lot of sincerity which is unique because of the world of the witcher and Geralt most dialogues can't. The banter and jokes between them is also very enjoyable. They fight, argue based on context and what it is happening around them. They each have there own character and personality that is shown off really well. The result of this makes it feel very genuine which is a credit to the writing and VAs. It also means though that everything I said and the quests with them (because some of those points above) are so good I am left wanting more. What is wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with it.

I just note the occasional hypocrisy that some show to other fanbases where they mock them based on whether they enjoy the content of said games when some are no different from the very thing they accuse others of.

If this doesn't apply to you, it doesn't apply to you. I aim that statement at those who have laughed off fans that desire more content with their "waifus" in a other games but then turn around and demand more content for their romantic interest in games they like.

There's nothing wrong with it.

I just note the occasional hypocrisy that some show to other fanbases where they mock them based on whether they enjoy the content of said games when some are no different from the very thing they accuse others of.

If this doesn't apply to you, it doesn't apply to you. I aim that statement at those who have laughed off fans that desire more content with their "waifus" in a other games but then turn around and demand more content for their romantic interest in games they like.

I see and understand. Sorry if I came off overly defensive. I just think as I said above... It is so good even when it isn't a romantic scene. The romance/characters shine because of how good the characters are together. It would be a shame to not get more imo.

Last edited:

Oh the irony.

Not one of them I always appreciate well done romances
And I really like the Geralt & Triss romance in TW3 and I want to see more of it in future DLC's

Even Sapkowski wrote a non-canon fanservice chapter, "something ends, something begins", and i would be the last person saying no to an adaption of this chapter into the game, but if people are asking for more sex scenes, it is getting awkward.

It has to fit into the game/story and not with a crowbar.

My problem(s) with the whole triss romance are
not so much the lack of sex scenes, but what actually happens after you had that sex scene - she's gone. You pretty much don't see her again until the quest you have to find Phillipa. The complete lack of possibilities to interact with her and her disappearance were rather strange and disappointing. There also is a lack of interaction between Triss and other characters - mostly Yen and Ciri. Not even a discussion/fight how Triss 'stole' Geralt I for one really enjoyed the reference of yen throwing a bed out of the window(and you can talk to her about it), so she did seem upset. Afterwards however - nothing. Everything Triss from the point you get to Kaer morhen and after is sorely lacking.

I also found the ending rather lackluster. I got the 'empress' ending and you sit in a tavern with Triss, Dandelion and Zoltan. Dandelion and Zoltan get a small closing scene, but Triss gets (nearly) nothing. I simply felt there were a lot of opportunities to do something fun/cool with Triss, but they didn't happen. They did however happen for Yen - she got far more interactions and I didn't even romance her. Yen even kisses you in front of Triss in one scene and you don't hear ANYTHING about that. Why doesn't Triss ask what that was about?
The whole ending cutscene(s) could've also been a bit(read a lot) more detailed. But I guess that's more a general criticism. I would've also liked to know what happened to the other sorceresses and some of the other people you met in more detail.

So in short: I have nothing against the sex scene, the emotional part afterwards however, was a bit underdeveloped if you ask me. As for other romance/sex scenes. I felt the way they did it this time is more realistic as far as humans/elves go. I did however miss interactions between Geralt en succubuses/vampires - a missed opportunity indeed.

Last edited:
I thin what was missing with Triss' romance is the lack of content for her in places other than Novigrad. Even there, she does not have a lot of romantic content.By contrast, Yennefer has content in Kaer Morhen, Skellige and you can even flirt with her while meeting Emhyr for the first time. This is obviously because Yennefer is new to the trilogy and as such it makes sense to have more romantic content for her.Having said that, it would not hurt to have more content for Triss outside of Novigrad. Doesn't have to be sex scenes but just flirting and emotional stuff.

@Madoga, I think those lacy of reaction is a bit because of these gals representing the 'intellectual' part of the poppulace...And if you think about it, even though Geralt is Triss' first love, she knows that Yen and Geralt were together, and almost like a married couple before the wild hunt mind mess... And Triss is too sweet for own good sometimes, she might be feeling 'well, i'm the thrid wheel here... damn it! bitch kissed geralt front of me T_T' inside but say nothing.
I mean they were married couple without a ring basically. Ciri were their 'daughter', Yen was her mother, and Geralt was the father. Seems like a marriage to me.

STILL it's not an excuse to not converse with Triss about these development and love triangle thingie... at least privately, and if choosen alltogether (like Yen, Geralt and Triss sits together, and 'tries' to talk (not sure if they would succeed, yen is... erhm.. nevermind) about and say "so what we do now?")

To be honest I see Geralt as loving both Yen and Triss, but not in a trying threesome way, or purely sexual way, as in game... Though i'm sure Geralt would accept it if opportunity really arised (i would), but, and this is an important BUT he cares both of them... Romantic entanglement aside, I know Geralt cares about his friends... And I don't believe neither Triss nor Yen is just a booty call for him. And in my mind he would be quite sensitive about this subject and would try to not hurt neither of their feelings... It is kinda romantic actualy. I found so at least. (Polygamy relationship with Yen and Triss! xD)

In general regard perhaps games tries to fix what it 'screwed up' with Geralt and Yen, perhaps writers simply approach to subject with a romantic-loyal mindset, and thus thinking Yen and Geralt' ending up together again, as their favorite. This might explain the situation... Not supporting it though... (i support polygamy! xD)

Last edited:
Even Sapkowski wrote a non-canon fanservice chapter, "something ends, something begins", and i would be the last person saying no to an adaption of this chapter into the game, but if people are asking for more sex scenes, it is getting awkward.

It has to fit into the game/story and not with a crowbar.

It is not just more sex scenes it is more dialogue/interaction/quests I feel it is over too fast especially with Triss. Even if they didn't add more sex scenes and they just added a bunch of new dialogue, romance scenes, and quests I would be beyond happy.

@Qellian While I totally get why they put so much Yen in there and the way they did, that doesn't excuse the lack of interaction with Triss.
I mean, I told Triss I love her before that happened and now i'm kissing yen. I mean, after I told her I love her, she was gone from the game for quite a long time. Now shes back, sees me kiss yen and I can't even talk about it. In fact, I can't talk with her about ANYTHING.
The next scene you get to talk to triss she tells you she's becoming an advisor for some king, she's moving and asks you to move in with her. I don't know how you do things, but for me there are a few steps missing there - no matter how well I know a person. You'd expect her to at least ask about the situation with Yen. Don't get me wrong, I pretty much agree with you, I just feel that there is a lack of interactions with Triss - both from geralt's side and from the side of other characters. She's suppose to be bff's with yen and be like Ciri's sister. Sadly enough you don't really get to see any of that while you do see yen acting like a mother and Geralt acting like a father.

I did really enjoy Phillipa's commentary on the situation though. The game needed more of that.

@Qellian While I totally get why they put so much Yen in there and the way they did, that doesn't excuse the lack of interaction with Triss.
I mean, I told Triss I love her before that happened and now i'm kissing yen. I mean, after I told her I love her, she was gone from the game for quite a long time. Now shes back, sees me kiss yen and I can't even talk about it. In fact, I can't talk with her about ANYTHING.
The next scene you get to talk to triss she tells you she's becoming an advisor for some king, she's moving and asks you to move in with her. I don't know how you do things, but for me there are a few steps missing there - no matter how well I know a person. You'd expect her to at least ask about the situation with Yen. Don't get me wrong, I pretty much agree with you, I just feel that there is a lack of interactions with Triss - both from geralt's side and from the side of other characters. She's suppose to be bff's with yen and be like Ciri's sister. Sadly enough you don't really get to see any of that while you do see yen acting like a mother and Geralt acting like a father.

I did really enjoy Phillipa's commentary on the situation though. The game needed more of that.

I agree with all of what you said and hopefully we get more in DLC. I was hoping after the sex scene with Triss that her vanishing would be explained along with more interaction. Shame really...

You guys are making it really hard for me not go straight through the main quests and see what it is still coming for me, if you "complain" that Yennefer gets more time than Triss, someone has to kill some monsters first :)

Please don't forget that you had Triss now in three games, while others had to wait until now for the raven locks. So without knowing what exactly is still coming, just started the first quests on Skellige, i would assume it is rather balanced after all.

I guess i have to wait until i have finished the game before i can actually invest myself in such discussions.

It is not just more sex scenes it is more dialogue/interaction/quests I feel it is over too fast especially with Triss. Even if they didn't add more sex scenes and they just added a bunch of new dialogue, romance scenes, and quests I would be beyond happy.

rejecting-Triss-did-i-miss-the-opportunity-to-explain-myself

I can't disagree.

no love for triss, CDPR must change their name to CDPB.

c'mon no more love scene like elven bath or final scene, just crappy lighthouse scene.

lack of interaction with Triss
exactly. It would have been bearable if it was only with the other characters, but even when Geralt is talking to her, other than main quest related stuff, there's only the "how do you feel?" dialogue option which she answers "so-so" and that's it - can't do nothing but to end the conversation.

Not to mention she's nowhere to be seen once the game ends. but so does Ciri and Yen so at least this disappointment is shared throughout multiply characters

Not to mention she's nowhere to be seen once the game ends. but so does Ciri and Yen so at least this disappointment is shared throughout multiply characters

That is a weakness of the whole game though. You can only ever really talk to people, if they have a quest for you, after or before that you often can't have ANY dialogue at all. Bioware always puts in a little bit of flavor talk with the important NPCs, so they feel a little bit more real. Sure, it isn't an endless amount and you will reach a point, where they have nothing to say anymore, but at least they talk somewhat outside of actual quests.

What's the point of the "you had Triss for the last 2 games so having less in this one is balanced" thing??? You're supposed to choose between her and Yennefer in THIS game, not in the previous ones. I feel like Triss romance is more like a sweetener for Triss' fans but the level of interaction for the two girls is not equal, which is sad beacause the game makes you feel like Triss is the "wrong choice"

You guys are making it really hard for me not go straight through the main quests and see what it is still coming for me, if you "complain" that Yennefer gets more time than Triss, someone has to kill some monsters first :)

Please don't forget that you had Triss now in three games, while others had to wait until now for the raven locks. So without knowing what exactly is still coming, just started the first quests on Skellige, i would assume it is rather balanced after all.

I guess i have to wait until i have finished the game before i can actually invest myself in such discussions.

I see what you are saying I really do but we must not forget this is Geralts last game. If Reds thought Triss could be Geralts love post amnesia and all like a lot of fans thought they didn't do a great job conveying that. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of what is there. Than as others have stated once her romance quest is done it goes poor very quickly for many things like... Writing, Interaction, dialogue, and the way things happen after you profess your love for her make no sense based on the context of the situation.

Last edited:
For people who say: "Triss was already in the previous games", I have a few for you to think about.

1. Yen is in the books and has WAY more backstory. Does that mean we should now give Triss extra screen-time?
2. If they wanted to give Yen more screen-time to establish her character they should've done just that - give her more time by adding to her background story. Not cutting out Interactions with Triss and making 'the Triss experience' feel incomplete.

In short, the argument is NOT that yen got more screen-time - it's that Triss got too little and that what she got feels incomplete. But I've stated my opinion about that a few posts above this one, so I'm not going to repeat myself.

rejecting-Triss-did-i-miss-the-opportunity-to-explain-myself

I can't disagree.

Read your thread, it doesn't get any better. you have much less and less interaction with her the more the game progress after her side-quest not to mention her utter disappearance when you complete it, even if she says, "see you in kaer morhen" she's not there (before you bring back Ciri that is), believe me, I looked everywhere! and after you bring back Ciri, you can talk about
the impending battle
with EVERYONE ELSE but her (and Yen).

And like others said, it doesn't matter we had her for 3 games already. this is the final game and she is one of the heroines and deserves far more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom